PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting at the hotel Wednesday night?

noelani72
Jun 3, '14, 4:46 PM
We are thinking of starting early and roll in Wednesday - might have to get a super8 room to save a little money...

HumanWolfman
Jun 3, '14, 5:00 PM
I will be there thursday. Hampton all the way for me.

noelani72
Jun 3, '14, 5:05 PM
We are booked at the Hampton Thursday-Sunday. This leaving early is Sean's idea lol

VintageMike
Jun 3, '14, 5:51 PM
I will be there thursday. Hampton all the way for me.

Ditto. I tossed around going Wednesday but since I didn't know who would be there, decided to stick with Thurs-Sun and focus on my goal having my biggest MM budget ever. I might be up for breakfast Sunday morning depending when everyone's leaving though, since I don't have to work Monday. I usually leave super early so I can get home early enough to have a "buffer" before going back to work.

noelani72
Jun 3, '14, 6:07 PM
Well Sean booked us a day early. He got a room at some Knights Inn 4miles from wheeling. We can commute to the Hampton for early birds.

megocrazy
Jun 3, '14, 10:13 PM
I have a room booked somewhere i can't use because they rescheduled my daughters graduation. Had to book a new departure too. I knew trying to get in on wednesday was not gonna happen. Should have just stuck with the usual plan. See you on Thursday.

Hulk
Jun 4, '14, 12:54 AM
I've done the Wednesday thing, and if I wasn't working a new job, I'd do it again. Besides sampling the limited local nightlife, which was actually pleasant, the best thing was being able to transition to East coast time, recover from the traveling, and get a solid night sleep before the shenanigans.

megoscott
Jun 4, '14, 8:01 AM
I'm getting on the plane now with a suitcase full of toys. Setting up Didas tomorrow.

EMCE Hammer
Jun 4, '14, 10:26 AM
Loading the trusty rusty van, should be out the door by noon. Looking forward to getting my inbreeding and periodontal disease on.

Legend of Link
Jun 4, '14, 10:50 AM
The Boy and Old Sport are already a hour in and already in Indiana :)

samurainoir
Jun 4, '14, 11:57 AM
Just got off the phone with Random Axe/Scott as he approaches the foothills of West Virginia.

Looks like there is a good crowd there tonight! Have fun, and hopefully the Canucks will arrive in time for BBQ tomorrow.

Flynne
Jun 4, '14, 1:42 PM
My flight is scheduled to land in PIT at 5:30PM tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be on time and after getting the rental and driving in that I can make it to Wheeling around 7-ish. Really hoping I can make BBQ :)

noelani72
Jun 4, '14, 2:09 PM
We are at our pizza stop in ohio. Rolling in to wheeling about 6:30pm tonite. We are at some Knights Inn tonite, then the Hampton for the rest of the trip.

megoscott
Jun 4, '14, 2:15 PM
I'm on the wifi on the plane--the free tv on Southwest is showing the $28,000 Wonder Woman Toy Hunter episode.

I'll be hanging with my homie EMCE Hammah at the Hampton

Random Axe
Jun 4, '14, 2:31 PM
I am here, got in about 130 soI started setting up tables.

noelani72
Jun 4, '14, 3:07 PM
We left lunch and had to detour....big wreck on 70. Heading a tad south to Dayton to bypass it. We will roll in about 7:30pm now. Will the suite be open at the Hampton tonite or we just gonna streak down the hallways yelling?

Bronxboykev
Jun 4, '14, 4:40 PM
Double deleted

Bronxboykev
Jun 4, '14, 4:41 PM
Glad every one arrived safe and sound... See you all Friday and Saturday... To all those traveling tomorrow God Speed!

Random Axe
Jun 4, '14, 5:28 PM
We left lunch and had to detour....big wreck on 70. Heading a tad south to Dayton to bypass it. We will roll in about 7:30pm now. Will the suite be open at the Hampton tonite or we just gonna streak down the hallways yelling?

No suite tonight. We're all on our own for the evening. Steve will be there 9-ish in the morning finishing up a few things and I'll roll in around that time, so the earlies can join us whenever.

Cornelius POTA
Jun 4, '14, 6:11 PM
Good for everyone at Mego Meet 2014 !

Hoping to get my MM tee shirt on Saturday in the mail.

Will wear it with pride all weekend from Florida in honor of MM 2014 !!

EMCE Hammer
Jun 4, '14, 7:20 PM
Adams and I are nestled at the Jim Hampton Inn. Special thanks to the Axe and the Ligotti twins for help with table set-up at Kruger Street. It all starts tomorrow!

Godzilla
Jun 4, '14, 7:38 PM
Ah man I can't be there until Saturday, but I love living through you guys.

EMCE Hammer
Jun 4, '14, 8:15 PM
I just blew up an air mattress with a hair dryer. Eat your heart out.

EMCE Macgyver

WannabeMego
Jun 4, '14, 9:22 PM
Adams and I are nestled at the Jim Hampton Inn. Special thanks to the Axe and the Ligotti twins for help with table set-up at Kruger Street.

Wonder Twins Power...De-Activate!!!

Saroyan
Jun 4, '14, 10:24 PM
So.....I should be able to recognize everyone from their avatar pics right?

megocrazy
Jun 4, '14, 10:34 PM
4 hours of sleep and off to the airport. Should be in around 1:30 tomorrow.

Toyman_Chris
Jun 4, '14, 11:33 PM
The wife and I are planning on rolling in around 7pm tomorrow night. 11 hour drive here we come. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Hulk
Jun 5, '14, 4:24 AM
Finished packing (early for me), have to leave for the airport at 8AM, but of course I am totally wired. Might take a dip in the pool then crash for a couple of hours. Flying into Columbus this time, about an hour more driving, but a slightly shorter flight and better departure on Sunday. I should be into Wheeling early evening.

Important questions. When and where is the Thursday night dinner, and what room number is The Mego Suite?

Random Axe
Jun 5, '14, 4:31 AM
Finished packing (early for me), have to leave for the airport at 8AM, but of course I am totally wired. Might take a dip in the pool then crash for a couple of hours. Flying into Columbus this time, about an hour more driving, but a slightly shorter flight and better departure on Sunday. I should be into Wheeling early evening.

Important questions. When and where is the Thursday night dinner, and what room number is The Mego Suite?

Paul, it'll be good to see you again! We really don't have specific plans for a Thursday dinner yet but the possibility of the first MegoMeet grill-out is there. We have a grill at the suite and might just go get a bunch of burgers, dogs and stuff meat to heat for the evening. Not sure at this point. Last year we went to the Bob Evans that shares a parking lot with the Hampton.

megocrazy
Jun 5, '14, 5:16 AM
Boarding to Detroit and on to Pittsburgh.

VintageMike
Jun 5, '14, 6:06 AM
Ready to leave in about 20 minutes. See everyone there!

noelani72
Jun 5, '14, 6:11 AM
Sean and myself will stroll over to the museum around 9-9:30am today.

boss
Jun 5, '14, 6:11 AM
Leaving soon. See you guys tomorrow.

noelani72
Jun 5, '14, 7:48 AM
When I booked our Hampton room last year, I paid no mind to the cost...just booked as soon as Steve said the 2014 group was available. Last year, my bill was $540-$560 after tax. I just got an email confirming my stay and it itemized my bill - down $100 from last year! Woot woot!

RobTMego
Jun 5, '14, 8:10 AM
I get into Pittsburg airport at 5:15PM and then I will wait for Johnny's plane to land at 5:43 to give him a lift. so guessing we will roll into wheeling around 7PM :)

megojim
Jun 5, '14, 8:17 AM
Adams and I are nestled at the Jim Hampton Inn. Special thanks to the Axe and the Ligotti twins for help with table set-up at Kruger Street. It all starts tomorrow!

I appreciate the much needed recognition . . . . for the remainder of the weekend I'll continue to live vicariously via the activity here . . . . .

noelani72
Jun 5, '14, 9:30 AM
I appreciate the much needed recognition . . . . for the remainder of the weekend I'll continue to live vicariously via the activity here . . . . .

Here ya go Jim....

Bronxboykev
Jun 5, '14, 10:48 AM
Love it!!! I see My 2 right in the Middle there :)

Yet 1 more day for me in the Bronx... FOAMING AT THE MOUTH LOL
A stop at The SS Office at 7AM to get the new Mrs. a new ss card and then off to the Highways.

megocrazy
Jun 5, '14, 12:52 PM

We'll miss ya buddy.