Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoman2009
    • May 23, 2014

Mego Meet Questions

Hi Guys, I'm a previous member who was more of a lurker. I've not bee the the Mego Meet before, but would really like to come this year. I'm thinking of arriving Saturday morning- what will I miss on Friday night? What should I bring? I'm assuming there is trading and selling. Basically looking for any info that will help.

Thanks,

Brian Seifferth
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

Friday is meet and greet and dealer setup . Bring whatever you have to trade people collect everything . Of course Mego is the best . Some people do trades . If your not getting a table I would limit what I bring to what I can carry unless you don't mind making several trips to your car to get other stuff. Lots of buying and selling going on. The auction for mm custom items are Saturday and they have different discussion panels .lots of making new friends and talking Mego . Stop by my table for your free megomeet keychain . Saturday starts at 9 for the public . Any other questions just ask ? Mike

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

Don't know where you're coming from or what your situation is but I recommend arriving Friday if you can. Like with any multiple day event, the selection is usually at it's best when people first set up. Also Saturday, is when the presentations/panels happen. So if you get a good amount of shopping done Friday you can be freed up to enjoy those on Saturday.

Comment

• Flynne
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 22, 2003

The Friday Night Swap Meet / Pizza Party is one of the highlights of the weekend. If you can make, then I would recommend it to you.
        An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• megoman2009
          • May 23, 2014

Thanks for the info. I'm coming from Columbus, so a morning drive might have to happen due to home logistics. I'm a total mego geek and I need to get back into customizing. I need a few parts to complete some long overdue customs. Appreciate the reply. Look forward to meeting other guys who are love this stuff as much as I do.

Comment

• AcroRay
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 17, 2005

You'll have a great time!
            Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
            AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
            The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
            Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

For many of us, MegoMeet is a 3 Night, 2 Day event. A bunch of us arrive Thursday Night, some getting together for dinner, and then hit the "MegoSuite", a suite at the hotel where we hang out into the wee hours of the morning hoping not to be reported for noise complaints from management. Friday setup and pre-meet trading, buying, selling and the aforementioned Pizza Party in the Museum cafeteria, with people headed out of the Museum around 9PM and back to the MegoSuite for more Hijinks, but with more people crowded in. The Meet on Saturday, a dinner at a restaurant for people that want to extend the day, and then you guessed it, more Shenanigans at the MegoSuite. On Sunday, a few diehards might grab a quick breakfast together, but most of us just say goodbye to whatever stragglers we happen to run into at the checkout desk and the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎