X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyatterb
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 2, 2001

Robin has sweaty feet

Anybody else have a pair of Robin booties that have turned oily and sweaty? I dug out my childhood figures over the weekend and I noticed a real distinct shine on Robin's footwear. It had the oily feel when I touched it and when I removed the boots from his feet there was some oily green residue left behind. I know that some heads have a similar symptom of feeling oily, but I don't remember any cases of accessories doing the same thing. Has anybody else seen anything like this before?
  • AJ-Paratrooper
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 1, 2008

I'm not a chemist but I've observed plastic, vinyl & rubber deteriorate like that. My old high school jacket turned sticky & oily on the sleeves which I believe were vinyl. I just had to toss it. It was decomposing....man, I must be getting old!!
    DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Comment

• monkey tennis
      "Kiss my face."
      • Jun 8, 2007

Buy him some small Odor-eaters
      "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

maybe he wet himself.....and it's pooled in his boots?
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Merlyn1976
          Fist of Khonshu
          • Mar 29, 2005

Same chemical reaction that causes grey heads??
          "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

almost all plastics are derived from some type of petroleum. If not, then plant based.
            Plastic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As we get closer to the 50 year mark on a lot of toys, I have a feeling that some of the mass producing techniques used will catch up to them.
            It's all good!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎