Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colf72
    • Feb 21, 2008

EMCE The Mummy

This is probably a difficult license to get but I would like to see EMCE do a line based on the Mummy films with Brendan Fraser. I think a line like this would satisfy the monster fans as well as the action adventure fans. I think the films were excellent in that regard (something for everyone) and with the third film not far off it would be really cool to see.
  • Wise4671
    Banned
    • Aug 11, 2007

IMO if EMCE could get the rights to do an Indian Jones line I think it would sell better then a Mummy line

Comment

• misterdroid
      Banned
      • Jan 10, 2008

Originally posted by Wise4671
      IMO if EMCE could get the rights to do an Indian Jones line I think it would sell better then a Mummy line
      While that is probably true, the Indy license has been locked down for quite a while in advance of the new movie. I think I read about the license acquisitions almost 2 years ago.

Comment

• misterdroid
        Banned
        • Jan 10, 2008

And also, I am sure the Indiana Jones license is absolute top dollar stuff.

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

I am pretty sure hasbro has master license on Indy

But Mummy might be a cool choice if it's available

Comment

• Colf72
            • Feb 21, 2008

I'm with you but no way that is happening. All that licensing is done in anticipation of the new film. Lotsa cool toys and the 12 inch figures are very cool.

Indy would be awesome, I just don't think it could ever happen. Never say never I guess.

Comment

• Colf72
              • Feb 21, 2008

I just watched the first couple of mummy films a few days ago and I'm telling you these movies have everything in terms of toy appeal.

I am not a huge Mummy fanatic but these movies are so much fun and if I were a kid again I'd be looking for the toys. So in anticipation of Mummy 3......

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

I think they should make Mummy figures of Brendan Frasier because I get told I look like him a lot.
                Hope he doesnt do anything weird or illegal out there in hollywood, dont want the guy making ME look bad.

So far the best Frasier I have found is the Monkeybone bobble mini headknocker.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                  Career Member
                  • Sep 5, 2005

The Mummy films are a Universal license. I'm buying the Karloff version that DST is releasing, wish they'd do a Tyler version too. Doubt there's much chance of the modern films becoming toys again, but you never know.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrueDave
                    I think they should make Mummy figures of Brendan Frasier because I get told I look like him a lot.
                    Hope he doesnt do anything weird or illegal out there in hollywood, dont want the guy making ME look bad.

So far the best Frasier I have found is the Monkeybone bobble mini headknocker.
                    With the wig or without?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrueDave
                      Toy Maker
                      • Jan 12, 2008

I dont care who makes a mummy as long as it has real wrappings! ( EMCE seems to have one!) Gonna make me a Dark man

T Bolt: Frasiers got a Wig? "Whatchoutalkingabout Willis? "
                      Is that mole fake too?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

yeah Frasier wears a rug, the pics are out there.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

I like mummies in general, and I'd be into a Re-Mego line based on the Fraser movies.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• TrueDave
                            Toy Maker
                            • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by DocDrako
                            I like mummies in general, and I'd be into a Re-Mego line based on the Fraser movies.

The mummy figures and playsets from the first movie I remember were really gruesome!
                            Mummy figures that split in two with a sword etc. Great stuff. NASTY!

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
                              The Mummy films are a Universal license. I'm buying the Karloff version that DST is releasing, wish they'd do a Tyler version too. Doubt there's much chance of the modern films becoming toys again, but you never know.
                              Yeah, since Diamond does have the Universal Monsters license, it's not out of the question, but I'm not sure the demand is really out there for them. Has it become a cult favourite? I know they tend to get played repeatedly on cable.

The possibilities are intriguing though... in addition to Imotep in various incarnations and Brandon Frasier, you'd also have the Scorpion King from the second movie right?
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎