• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wise4671
    Banned
    • Aug 11, 2007

My Thoughts on the 66 Batman figures

Hey Gang,
    I got my second set in today so I opened them up and My kids and I had a chance to really look them over.

Positives:

We loved the suits. The materials used are AWESOME!!!! The Jokers suit is mind blowing: Jacket, Separate Vest, Shirt, Tie, Pants and Socks and it all fits together perfectly.

Head Sculpt on the Joker is A++++ Batman is Nice as well. Riddler if you look at it really good I think you can see Gorshin in there :-) Robin the sculpt is there but I think it looses a little something in the paint cant put my finger on it but something is a little off to me anyway.

Neutral:

The card art: I neither Love it or Hate it in my eyes its ok but could have been better (Right Dwayne )

Negs: (and no slamming me here I am Very HAPPY we even have these but........)

Ok Batman and Robins hands and feet I like how they look but there is no articulation (You move them and they go right back to being straight) The gloves also tend to fall off. The boots and shoes make it hard to stand the figures up.

Batmans belt: I don't think the belt should have been made longer I think that the trunks should have been raised up more.

Grades:

Batman----- A-
    Robin------A
    Riddler----B+
    Joker------ A++++++++

That sums up my thoughts on wave 1. I can't wait for wave 2
  • DrMindbender
    • Dec 10, 2009

Thanks for your thoughts on these. I agree that I am more than happy with these and definitely blown away by the sheer overall quality of the figures.

I'll also agree about your points concerning the card art, pretty bad really wish they could have come up with something that popped a bit more, it's really amateurish looking and I hope they hire a better designer to work on future waves.

The belt on Batman is just a tad too short, needs another few notches, hopefully this can be corrected for future releases. I also found the cape a touch too long but loved the wired detail they added, would be really cool if this was a regular feature for all capes in the up coming WGSH/Super Powers line they've announced.

These are the first products I've purchased from FTC and I know they have had some quality 'issues' in the recent past that I have only read about but if they keep improving and going in this direction I am very excited for their future releases. Well done guys, congratulations. Superb work, sheer quality.
    Last edited by DrMindbender; May 28, '14, 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

I got these a couple of weeks ago and finally last night really started to look at them. Overall, I love them. For me, they're top tier Remego, along with Star Trek and the Monsters line. I'm sure others would argue that definition, but I'm thrilled. Minor nits: The belt is too short or the trucks too low, but a piece of decent tape on the back of it under the cape and problem solved. And the hands fall off too easily, but I have a $200 Batman West Hot Toy right next to these, and the damn head falls off of that too easily too. And yes, the cards are a B minus effort at best, but they do have a late 60's or 70's vibe.

I can't wait for the next wave, and the accessory package in particular.

And one more thing. Where were these when I was 8 years old? I think I would have passed out had mom handed me these things.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

I love these as well, the only thing I think they need to improve upon is The Belt for Batman, it's just a Tad short, and I think the Foot/Boot piece on Batman And Robin were the Wrong way to go. It poses a slight standing issue. I can see why they would do it for the hands so you can switch them out when they issue the accessories pack but they defenitly could have and should have gone the Foot boot rout.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎