X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Classic TV Series Batman Detailed Review

Hey gang, here's my detailed review of the 1960's style Batman from FTC/CTVT. Lots of pictures and all the details are examined. I'll be reviewing all four of the first series over the next few days, but figured it's best to start with the star of the show.

Classic TV Series Batman Series 1 Review

Really like these guys, though I very well may be doing a body swap in the future. Nothing against this body, it's a great repro body of nice quality, but I prefer more articulation.

Check out the review if you're still on the fence, or are waiting to get these guys in hand!

Thanks!
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Great review and I agree with you 100%...these are simply the most awesome toys I own. I've had much more fun with these than with the more expensive Hot Toys versions, which I'm afraid to touch.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

BATastic review! Now I cannot wait even more to get Batman TV megos! I love the TV show too been a fan for over 40 years now (I am 44) and met Adam West Feb, 1, 1999 my 29th birthday when he came to speak at a small college 30 miles from my hometown of El Dorado, AR! He even signed my Batman TV book for FREE! FINALLY he and the other Batman TV actors are captured as action figures Mego style to boot! Thank goodness Yvonne Craig signed on, I cannot imagine this line without Batgirl!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
        Mighty Man/Monster Maker
        • Aug 14, 2007

Great review. Really sells me, I gotta say.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
        https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• fatsal
          • May 6, 2014

Absolutely terrific review, O! A 10 out of 10 is impressive.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Great review! To me, these figures are the combination of: (1) the right property (2) in the right format (3) done the right way.

I agree with you about the articulation, though. With all the quality improvements with this figure, why not include shoulder articulation and swivel biceps? I want my Robin to be able to do that classic "punch my palm" pose. But overall, that is a minor complaint for otherwise awesomely fun figures.

Comment

• houseofdracula
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 11, 2011

Great review!
              The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
              https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Great review. Very considerate and accurate. Thanks.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 12, 2004

Not too long ago it was inconceivable that CTVT would ever make figures of this quality. It took 'em a while, but they finally got it right.

These figures, especially Batman & Joker, are simply outstanding. At $25 each, these are a steal.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

The Clamshells are amazing too! look what you can do with "other" type figures

100_6634.jpg100_6637.jpg100_6636.jpg

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Awesome review...Can't wait to get mine now!!!

Just wanted to add a quick point here........If there ever was a time that a 1/9 scale "George Barris" 66 Batmobile should be made; now is the time. With all the positive "Buzz"...These figures seem to be a "Grand-slam". Can you imagine the FTC Batman66 figures in a "Barris" Batmobile like this one below......A collectors dream come true.

Whatever the price may be...this should/Has to be made. C'mon FTC get it done.

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by Ivaniski; May 18, '14, 5:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎