Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info/ID help - mego, madelman ?? parts etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmlfanphil
    • Jul 10, 2007

Info/ID help - mego, madelman ?? parts etc.

picked these figures up this week, a couple I know (spiderman gijoe), been able to find out the little ones are madelman figures (marked spain).

I dont collect these so looking for some info to help sell them, names, if anything matches up with the parts. Also is it better to sell them as one lot? or 1 at a time.

anyways thanks in advance for any info, the only stuff I might be interested in trading for is any old video games as thats what I mainly collect or deal in. And possible some vintage SW stuff

• palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Heya Phil!

That looks like Madel Man to me in the UK it was marketed as "Little Big Man", that other stuff including the Joe looks like Action Man to me.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jayihdz
      aaaggghhhh!
      • Mar 6, 2007

Madelman were action figures Mego like made between 1968 and 1982 by Madel in Spain.

Museo MADELMAN de Quatermass

Comment

• gort
        • Jan 9, 2008

I'd recommend selling the fully outfitted Madelman figures individually and the others as a lot along with any accessories you can't match to anyone. Vintage Madelman figures can fetch a pretty decent price, especially the space stuff (had some as a kid so I watch them from time to time).

If you're sticking it on ebay make sure you list worldwide though, as the majority of collectors are in Europe.

Comment

• misterdroid
          Banned
          • Jan 10, 2008

You are VERY lucky. That is a great find. Yes those are Madelman. Quick tip for listing... the guys with blue undershorts are type 2, black shorts are type 3 bodies. The space guy is fairly hard to find and if in nice shape may sell on a good day for $100 or more. The guys in camo if in good shape are easily $25/50 depending. The pirate raft lot is also an easy 100 bucks. Some of this may go for more. The earlier tip to sell on one of the euro ebays is good. Madelman is Spanish and you get good prices there. UK also seems to sell high. But don't discount the US buyers... I have recently seen madelman figs go for high prices here. I collect madelman and usually buy from ebay spain (eBay.es: Subastas y Segunda Mano. Comprar Coches, GPS, MP3, PDA, Móviles), as if you are a registered member of ebay you can use any countries ebay (eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace, eBay Italia - Aste online e shopping a prezzo fisso etc.)
          I have recently decided to quit overseas collecting due to the weak dollar vs the quite strong euro/pound. With currency conversion and shipping the prices are just not worth it. I would jump at lots like this in the USA
          Also, when you list them, strip them down and photo them nude and clothed. Sometimes madelman get stress fractures at the knees and elbows.

Comment

• misterdroid
            Banned
            • Jan 10, 2008

Also, that's not GI Joe, it's either Action Man or Geyper Man (joe's version in the UK and Spain respectively), The black helmet is from the Space Pirate outfit, the rest of the Joe style stuff is fairly common AM/GM stuff.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I have about 30 vintage madelman figures, about 8 in package, the rest loose and complete. I bought these about ten years ago, when I didn't know the prices would soar, so I removed them from the boxes to display. Hey, I'm a "display" kind of guy, what did I know. But they're as mint as can be, of course. Great little "mini" GI JOEs, with lots of accessories. And they made some unique stuff, like the 2001 (Space Odyssey)Astronaut, and Superman (with his own 60s funky sportscar).
              I have some spares, so I might offer some of these here...
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• tmlfanphil
                • Jul 10, 2007

ok thanks for the responses, interesting stuff, never heard of madelman before this.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎