X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Playmates Star Trek

Can the Playmates 9" Mego-Like figures be reworked on a Mego body? I am am thinking about expanding my aliens collection with them but I am not to sure how they would work.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The heads could probably be acetoned down to Mego size. You'd have to redo the neck plug as the Playmates have a reverse plug design. If the hands are needed, you'd have to chop them off and work out connecting them to a Mego body, same for the feet. Playmate bodies just flat out sucked and are pretty useless.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

Can't believe its been 20 YEARS since Playmates 9" Star Trek figures came out! I liked them (5" and 12", too!) and have most of the 89 9" figures! They were $15 retail and to think I thought that was a LOT for a Mego like figure in in the 1990s! Marvel Famous Covers were $15 but went down to $10. I got DST EMCE Mego Star Trek for $18 each.

Comment

• HapSlash
        Tribal Witchdoctor
        • Nov 18, 2009

The costumes are all going to be oversized as well. The female trek clothes are about the right size for a male mego body, but then you have other tailoring issues, (sleeve length, etc....)
        ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
        HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

The female head are fine just as is compared to the Mego female heads.

Comment

• melkorjunior
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 20, 2014

Are you saying the Playmates female heads are the same size as Mego heads without having to shrink or recast them? So if I were to pop off, say, a Marlena Moreau and glue a plug to the bottom of it, it would look good on a Mego body?

Comment

• nobody
              banjo!
              • Jan 26, 2012

I acetone my star trek playmate figures, but the female ones as magyar states seem to convert pretty well.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Did playmates make a 9" Yeoman Rand?

Comment

• melkorjunior
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 20, 2014

I don't believe so. As far as I know for original series females we got Uhura, Chapel, and Marlena Moreau from the Mirror Universe. Also, technically, Dax in Original Series garb (red miniskirt) from the DS9 Tribbles episode.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 22, 2011

someone on the board has a reworked Dax head for Janice rand and I know Marlena Moreau's head is floating around here as well. I would LOVE to get my hand on those. PM me if anyone has them please.
                    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎