X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillmann
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 16, 2011

Am I the only one?

So, I must say, I am somewhat annoyed by the line up for the FTC retro DC figures. It's no big surprise, figure companies always do this, and frankly I KNOW that it may improve more in the future, but, they have 42 figures announced or pictured. I have seperated them into three categories.

Heros Villains Civilians
    Batman 3 Joker Bruce Wayne
    Robin 4 (counting Nightwing) Penguin Dick Grayson
    Batgirl Riddler Alfred Pennyworth
    Superman 2 (counting super boy) Catwoman James Gordon
    SuperGirl Rhas Al Ghul Lois Lane
    Captain Marvel Scarecrow Jimmy Olson
    Maptain Marvel JR Dr Sivana
    Mary Marvel Bizarro
    Green Lantern Mr Mxyzptlk
    Green Arrow
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Hawkman
    Aquaman
    Speedy
    Aqualad
    Kid Flash
    Wonder Girl
    Starfire
    Raven
    Cyborg

Does anybody else see a problem with the ratio? 21 villains and only 9 villains, 7 of whom are non super powered. I hate it when toy companies do this. it's great to have the heros, but who are they supposed to fight? I can see Nightwing, but do we really need Superboy, two more Robins and two more Batmans plus six civilians when we could have 11 more villains?

sorry. I may be the only one who feels thsi way but needed to vent.

Oh, and if I don't buy them, it won't be because of this, LOL. It'll be because I am broke.
  • DaBillmann
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 16, 2011

Argh. My categories ran together and I can't figure a quick fix!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Heroes sell better than villains? I think that's all it is.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I can see where you're coming from, but it's a tried and true formula.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

On the bright side,most companies no longer believe girl figures won't sell.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I don't think the fact that some characters aren't on the back of the two-packs necessarily means those figures won't be made or not be available before some of the ones that are listed are made.

I've got to believe Superman villains like Brianiac, Toyman (Super Friends connection) and probably Luthor will be made and possibly before a characters like Superboy or even Jimmy Olson and Lois Lane.

I may be dead wrong about that, but with Ras and Scarecrow coming fairly early on, I don't think they are going to ignore the villains as much as the so far announced figures would make it seem.

Comment

• jacsfc
              Career Member
              • Aug 2, 2004

I am more annoyed by people complaining about them. Whether it is the character choices or the sculpts. Just be happy we are getting them at all.

Comment

• VinMan
                Career Member Mego Maniac
                • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by jacsfc
                i am more annoyed by people complaining about them. Whether it is the character choices or the sculpts. Just be happy we are getting them at all.
                best quote i have seen on this board ever

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

I am more annoyed by people complaining about them. Whether it is the character choices or the sculpts. Just be happy we are getting them at all.
                  Thank you. Smacks of being given a million dollars and immediately complaining that your taxes will be outrageous.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

^^^ Well said!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

If it were not for FTC releasing Re-Megos I would have not be collecting anything. I have a huge collection of JLU, both release and customs. I refused to collect anything that Mattel has released one they stopped doing JLU. I also do not care for 90% of the DCNU.

Once I found out about the DC Re-Megos I have been going really strong and getting caught up. So yes I am happy that FTC is releasing more DC Megos, and I hope soon we will get Marvel Megos. I also like my Aliens and Monsters, but they can be mixed in with the heroes so all is good. I have a new collection to work on and more stiff to spend my money on.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• DaBillmann
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jun 16, 2011

I am sorry. i thought this was a forum where I was free to express my feelings about a line of figures. I thought i had a right to prefer to see more than nine villains, most of which would stand no chance in a fight against the heros created. And yes, I am nearly fifty years old and I DO play with my action figures sometiems. And YES, I AM glad to see they are making them. But, I feel I have a right to put my opinion out there if I am less than satisfied about hte lineup of the figures. I figure the ones pictured are likely to get made before other characters, otherwise they wouldn't be pictured, and FTC would not have gone on record as saying "Most if not all of them will be made". I may very well be wrong about that, but it seems like the oens announced or pictured are coming first.

Comment

• VinMan
                          Career Member Mego Maniac
                          • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by DaBillmann
                          I am sorry. i thought this was a forum where I was free to express my feelings about a line of figures. I thought i had a right to prefer to see more than nine villains, most of which would stand no chance in a fight against the heros created. And yes, I am nearly fifty years old and I DO play with my action figures sometiems. And YES, I AM glad to see they are making them. But, I feel I have a right to put my opinion out there if I am less than satisfied about hte lineup of the figures. I figure the ones pictured are likely to get made before other characters, otherwise they wouldn't be pictured, and FTC would not have gone on record as saying "Most if not all of them will be made". I may very well be wrong about that, but it seems like the oens announced or pictured are coming first.
                          Love your opinion!! It just is not mine. I am glad we don't all think the same thing... otherwise what would be the point of all this???

It would be boring as all paperclips if we all thought the same thing...

Comment

• DaBillmann
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 16, 2011

Originally posted by VinMan
                            Love your opinion!! It just is not mine. I am glad we don't all think the same thing... otherwise what would be the point of all this???

It would be boring as all paperclips if we all thought the same thing...

Sorry if I was snappish but a couple of people sounded like they were telling me to stop whining and take what I can get.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

I agree, you are entitled to your opinion... and it is interesting to get an opposing perspective. But when you start a thread called "Am I the only one?", don't be shocked when people post to express their disagreement. You asked for them to do it right there in the title.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎