• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepage
    The Ape General
    • Aug 12, 2001

Doomed tv series.

(BLADE)
    I for whatever reason missed this show when it was aired on Spike tv so I bought the dvd series when it came out last month. The good news is that I thought the story line and back story were great as were the fight sequences. I thought this series was fantastic and found myself wanting more.
    The bad news is that the series got canceled (I think!?) and the last episode leaves you hanging.

I love good tv series. I love a show that has 1 continious story line but it bugs the heck out of me when the story is never finished.

A few more examples:

Surface: I bought this series on dvd and sat and watched every episode nearly back to back because I wanted to find out what happened. The last episode ends where the REAL story begins.

Wolf Lake: This was a series that aired right around 9/11 so not many people watched it because everyone was pre-occupied with Terrorist activities. This show stared Lou Diamond P. and to me had a great story line and had a lot of pottential but it got canceled leaving the story unfinished.

My question is, why bother releasing a tv show on dvd that only gives you half the story with little to no hope of being able to see the rest!?
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Yeah I hate it when that happens and it's usually the sci-fi shows that suffer. I'm still waiting to find out what happens at the end of Season 5 of Angel. Five years of build up only to be cancelled....the least they could do is make a TV movie or something.
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• Flynne
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by grayhank
      I'm still waiting to find out what happens at the end of Season 5 of Angel. Five years of build up only to be cancelled....the least they could do is make a TV movie or something.
      Hank,

If there's a comic store near you then you can find Joss Whedon's "Angel: After the Fall" Mini-series. It comes out in a collected paperback edition in June. It picks up at the sword stroke that ends the last episode, so it's literally right where the series ended:

Amazon.com: Angel: After The Fall: Brian Lynch,Franco Urru: Books

For some reason Amazon doesn't have it under Whedon, even though he is the author and his name is on the cover as such. They have the penciler and inker listed as authors instead.

Also if your a Whedon fan he's also writing a series for Dark Horse called "Buffy: Season Eight". The first collected edition "The Long Road Home" is out now, and I think the second collected edition "No Future For You" should be out soon. And of course, there's the "Serenity" mini-series "Those Left Behind" that covers the interim between the last episode of "Firefly" and the beginning of "Serenity".
      An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• jayihdz
        aaaggghhhh!
        • Mar 6, 2007

http://www.brilliantbutcancelled.com/

I used to watch a show called Freaks and Geeks, it was really good!! Too bad it got can.

Comment

• Type3Toys
          Home Of The Type3 Body
          • Jan 18, 2005

I never got into the whole "Snipes" style Blade. I just hate the look as well as the fact he was a vampire. I prefer the old school "Shaft" style Blade.
          LOOK
          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• grayhank
            That Fisher Price Guy
            • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by Flynne
            Hank,

If there's a comic store near you then you can find Joss Whedon's "Angel: After the Fall" Mini-series. It comes out in a collected paperback edition in June. It picks up at the sword stroke that ends the last episode, so it's literally right where the series ended:

Amazon.com: Angel: After The Fall: Brian Lynch,Franco Urru: Books

For some reason Amazon doesn't have it under Whedon, even though he is the author and his name is on the cover as such. They have the penciler and inker listed as authors instead.

Also if your a Whedon fan he's also writing a series for Dark Horse called "Buffy: Season Eight". The first collected edition "The Long Road Home" is out now, and I think the second collected edition "No Future For You" should be out soon. And of course, there's the "Serenity" mini-series "Those Left Behind" that covers the interim between the last episode of "Firefly" and the beginning of "Serenity".
            Yeah I got those, it's just not the same and besides I'd have to learn how to read or something
            Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah i hate that too,I think if it would've been played on something like Fox,CBS or NBC it would've done a lot better
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Since it's pretty well known that I'm a Shaun Cassidy fan, his work as a writer/producer has been nothing short of brilliant. Too bad no one else can see it.The only season of American Gothic was released on DVD, but at least it had some closure. Invasion was released on DVD w/ a cliffhanger ending, and no hope of it being revived, despite fans efforts to save it. I think they should at least have done a few more eps (in DVD only) to give us some closure! I hate being left hanging on such a good series!

Let's hope his new series Inseparable does better.
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah weren't we left hanging with Everwood also? not sure anyone watched that in here but it was a great little show on the WB
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

Wow! I forgot they were even planning on making that. I was going to watch it when it came out. Guess I missed it. I'll check out the DVDs.

Comment

• MarkStalcup
                      Chases Ambulances,Customs
                      • Feb 6, 2008

I liked the Blade movies okay, but really loved the idea of a Nightstalkers movie with Ryan Reynolds and the pure eye candy of Jessica Biel. Perhaps I am in the minority, because most found Reynolds annoying, but I dug his smartaleck retorts and wanted to see those two in a movie more than Blade's one-note sulking...hence, I never watched the series. Snipes just turned into something really bland and brooding in those films, and I'm not sure the new actor did any better.
                      “As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.” - The Dalai Lama

Comment

• aquatroy
                        Permanent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2002

Live Action Tick was absolutly brilliant! I liked it better then the animated show. The live action gave it another level of absurdity. I think it faced production problems dealing with a strike and was bounced around the schedule like Robin Williams wearing flubber shoes. Go get that on DVD, it's well worth it!
                        Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>why bother releasing a tv show on dvd that only gives you half the story with little to no hope of being able to see the rest!?

'cos if you sell enough disks they'll bring back the series, or make direct to disk films, or somesuch. Plus; once it's done it doesn't really cost anything to impress a set of disks.

"Surface" was a good example of the "mystery" shows we got in the early 00's.... they tried really hard to keep it weird, and to keep the audience from figuring out what was going on ('cos "X-Files" was REALLY popular) and eventually you'd get to a point where NOTHING'S happened and you're having your doubts that the production crew has a clue about their own series. "Surface" was bad for that. So... we get a dead guy coming back, someone sees a sea monster, and *gag* little Billy makes friends with a baby monster. A season later and we've lost track of the dead guy, someone's seen a sea monster a few more times, and little Billy's baby beast eats the cool girls' dog.

But at least nobody felt the need to hide from feet.

Don C.

Comment

• MarkStalcup
                            Chases Ambulances,Customs
                            • Feb 6, 2008

"X-Files" and "Twin Peaks" are why I never got into "Lost," that sinking feeling at the end of the day that there IS no ending even in mind, let alone written, and they're just BSing viewers.
                            “As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.” - The Dalai Lama

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

[/QUOTE]why bother releasing a tv show on dvd that only gives you half the story with little to no hope of being able to see the rest!?[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by ctc
                              'cos if you sell enough disks they'll bring back the series, or make direct to disk films, or somesuch. Plus; once it's done it doesn't really cost anything to impress a set of disks.
                              What ctc says has some truth to it. That's how FAMILY GUY got brought back to FOX. The huge sales of the first three seasons on DVD coupled with the good ratings it was getting in rereuns on TBS convinced FOX the audience was there so it was resurrected.

And, I think the good ratings the FUTURAMA was getting in the reruns was the reason they made the new DVD for that...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎