PDA

View Full Version : FTC Limited Edition DC 2-Packs

Hedji
Apr 10, '14, 4:26 PM
Wow! At only 100 of each, these shouldn't last long:

http://figurestoycompany.com/8inchlimitededitiondcsuperherotwo-packs.aspx

http://i57.tinypic.com/209mwd5.jpg

And, take a look at the character line up on the back of the card. This is huge.

http://i57.tinypic.com/urc69.jpg

ovenmitt
Apr 10, '14, 4:39 PM
I hope FTC makes ALL DC characters on card back! Most have been announced, but look at all the Superman characters like Superboy, Lois, Jimmy, and Bizarro and Shazam characters like Mary, Freddy, and Sivana! I'd like for Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Green Arrow to anchor their own waves, too!

madmarva
Apr 10, '14, 4:41 PM
Wow, The Toyroom and Vinny0026 should get a percentage for the idea. I'll probably get one for the card back alone.

PNGwynne
Apr 10, '14, 4:45 PM
I'll probably get one for the card back alone.

That's what I was thinking, the front art is attractive and the character roster is tantalizing.

jimsmegos
Apr 10, '14, 4:53 PM
So long as the Jimmy Olson isn't a repurposed Ralph Malph I'm all in. :)

ovenmitt
Apr 10, '14, 4:57 PM
Why couldn't have FTC used this card back art for Batman Series 1 and 2 card fronts and backs instead of Batman TV looks? This is Jose Garcia Lopez 1980s DC style guide like was used for Super Powers, right?

ovenmitt
Apr 10, '14, 5:01 PM
This is my Favorite Mary Marvel look low-cut top, slippers, and page boy hairdo!

Iron Mego
Apr 10, '14, 5:02 PM
Wow, this is pretty awesome. Card art continues to get better.

monitor_ep
Apr 10, '14, 5:08 PM
I will pass on the two packs unless there is a exclusive figure that is included.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 5:11 PM
Just snagged the Dynamic Duo, love the card back.

thunderbolt
Apr 10, '14, 5:12 PM
Is the Riddler trying to Get Jim Gordon's attention?

PNGwynne
Apr 10, '14, 5:59 PM
Why yes, yes it looks like he does. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Brown Bear
Apr 10, '14, 6:13 PM
This is awesome!!

Werewolf
Apr 10, '14, 6:34 PM
Terrific card art.

The Toyroom
Apr 10, '14, 6:37 PM
Wow, The Toyroom should get a percentage for the idea.

I've been doing these for many years now, so yeah they're treading on the same ground. The Batman/Bruce Wayne card features exactly the same art I used on mine. Whatever...:juggleyes_y:

samurainoir
Apr 10, '14, 7:43 PM
I'm suspecting these limited edition two-packs will become the norm as we get more releases.

It will be interesting to see how they approach Green Lantern and Flash compared to Matty.
Also wonder how they will do Hawkman's wings.

http://i57.tinypic.com/urc69.jpg

Looks like they are really trying to justify tooling up the Teen bodies. Superboy, Supergirl, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. (or "Shazam jr" as he's now known). I'm guessing Raven, Robin will also sue those bodies. Would prefer Starfire Nightwing and Cyborg to have adult bodies, but looking at the grouping, we might get them on teen bodies as well if they are part of the Teen Titans series.

I'd guess Sivana might use the teen body as well?

Nostalgiabuff
Apr 10, '14, 7:49 PM
those are really cool and all, but the price point is a bit off IMHO

megalomaniac001
Apr 10, '14, 8:16 PM
I really hope that FTC does use an adult body for the likes of Cyborg, Nightwing and Starfire etc. The 4 Teen Titans in series one make sense in this scale, (A Robin too!) the others would not.

SeattleEd
Apr 10, '14, 8:17 PM
Calling Lonnie Fisher! :)

Matter of time before this picked up. Great marketing idea. Well done FTC!

VinMan
Apr 10, '14, 8:29 PM
Vinny0026 should get royalties. Same for The Toyroom

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 9:29 PM
Vinny0026 should get royalties. Same for The Toyroom

Multi-pack figures have been around since at least Star Wars.

huedell
Apr 10, '14, 9:39 PM
The character lineup is perfect---too bad release-wise they had to start with Alfred, of all their choices.

And, yeah, what's up with Riddler style art going the femme way two images in a row? Coincidence?

ScottA
Apr 10, '14, 9:41 PM
I might go for the Batman/Robin set.

huedell
Apr 10, '14, 9:48 PM
Great marketing idea. Well done FTC!

If there's one thing FTC has proven they can do... it's milk the heck out of a minimal amount of already released items that are sitting in-stock before moving on to...um...."moving on".

"Great marketing"?

Or

"Common sense when you want to tantalize while drawing out release date intervals"?

It all depends on your point-of-view.

I just went to the site, thinking that these would be equal in cost to the normal FTC's and was ready to plunk down my money.... limited edition or not, at $10 extra, there's no way I'll buy these, EVER. These are obviously for "packaged" peeps and "packaged" peeps only, as they're not only the same price---they *exceed* that price.

Wonder if they'd consider putting together FIVE-packs for $110 apiece...ya know, in plain brown cardboard boxes.... I'd be all in for those.

Vinny0026
Apr 10, '14, 9:49 PM
Look overall - I'm glad to see that all the new stuff they are making. And happy to see all the new figures coming out.

I talk to Anthony - He asked me if it was ok if he made the 2 packs - when we both knew he had the rights and did not need my permission.

It would have been nice to just see something That said Inspired By me and Toyroom.

Anyone who knows me - knows I give 100% credit to everyone for any help I get and also for every little part I use and Who they come from.
Just would have been great to get a shout out or something - at least give the credit when its due.

As far as the art work - Toyroom is the master. I tell him what I plan on doing and he puts it all together. Again If you know me you know one of the first things I say or post is that 85% of my collection would not be here if it was not for him and a lot of people on the boards.

A little credit just would have been nice.
But as they say in NY - it is what it is.

ovenmitt
Apr 10, '14, 9:52 PM
Yeah these should be $50 each tops, guess FTC charged $10 extra since only 100 of each. I wish this card art was used on single Batman Series 1 and 2 figures!

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 9:55 PM
Yeah these should be $50 each tops, guess FTC charged $10 extra since only 100 of each. I wish this card art was used on single Batman Series 1 and 2 figures!

You're paying the extra $10 for having a numbered product limited to 100, and the card art. At least that's why I paid.

Vinny0026
Apr 10, '14, 10:14 PM
I don't think the ten bucks extra for a limited piece is a far fetched for a 100 piece item is an issue
people buying these sets have no intention on opening these - so price is not the issue.

Mego-Amigo
Apr 10, '14, 11:00 PM
I just hope they do all these characters on single cards and not limit some of them to two packs. I have no interest in two packs.

Brent
Apr 11, '14, 12:08 AM
Pretty nice but not even a buck off for buying all of them!

starsky
Apr 11, '14, 1:04 AM
are there any prototype photos of superman ,flash, green lantern?

DarthMego
Apr 11, '14, 1:10 AM
Wouldn't mind paying an extra 10 quid for a 100 piece limited figure(s).

samurainoir
Apr 11, '14, 2:06 AM
pulled the trigger on a set. couldn't resist. And I hadn't purchased ANY of the repros so far, and was waiting for the new figures... which I guess would have started with Alfred.

gummi
Apr 11, '14, 2:38 AM
I haven't had any interest in the repros until now, bu these are very nice. I picked up a Batman and Robin set.

Boywonder0
Apr 11, '14, 6:15 AM
Nah! I have all the figures already and won't repeat just because of new dual cards. Furthermore, for dual and better cards we have Anthony herein...

The Toyroom
Apr 11, '14, 6:43 AM
Nah! I have all the figures already and won't repeat just because of new dual cards. Furthermore, for dual and better cards we have Anthony herein...

Thanks! :wink:

megonaught
Apr 11, '14, 6:45 AM
I know theyre just a novelty but they do look cool.
Wont be getting them as i already have them but they are nice.

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 7:07 AM
It would have been nice to just see something That said Inspired By me and Toyroom.
"Nice"? or "Odd"?

If they would've said "Inspired by Vinny, Toyroom and Kenner" would that have been worse? Or better?

As noted in this thread, Star Wars was doing three-packs in the 80's and many companies have followed suit since.

I think you're on a slippery slope here.

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 7:12 AM
I don't think the ten bucks extra for a limited piece is a far fetched for a 100 piece item is an issue
people buying these sets have no intention on opening these - so price is not the issue.
It's not an issue if you like packaged toys and are helpless to resist this instant money-grab by FTC.

Hey, I can't STAND packaged toys in my collection, yet, even with that attitude, I DO have a few... and they were all (with the exception of some Star Wars things) CUSTOM packaged, by none other than Anthony.
So there's that ;)

megodarryl
Apr 11, '14, 8:06 AM
I love the card art, but I was hoping to see Scarecrow in the lineup. Have they mentioned a change for Wave 4?

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 8:08 AM
I love the card art, but I was hoping to see Scarecrow in the lineup. Have they mentioned a change for Wave 4?

I don't think so, last we heard Batman Wave 4 was Batman, Ras Al Ghul, Gordon and Scarecrow. And I don't think that card back reflects all the DC characters they will be making.

megodarryl
Apr 11, '14, 8:14 AM
I don't think so, last we heard Batman Wave 4 was Batman, Ras Al Ghul, Gordon and Scarecrow. And I don't think that card back reflects all the DC characters they will be making.

Thanks buddy! It's a real rush to see all those future releases. I've wanted a factory made 8" Bizarro since I first saw Challenge of the Superfriends.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 8:25 AM
Thanks buddy! It's a real rush to see all those future releases. I've wanted a factory made 8" Bizarro since I first saw Challenge of the Superfriends.

Hell yes! I think most of us want the Legion of Doom that Mego should have given us!

FTC could make a Hall of Doom at even a $100 price point and clean house IMO!

megodarryl
Apr 11, '14, 8:30 AM
I'd get one, for sure!

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 11, '14, 8:45 AM
It scares me to see all of this shown all at once. I hope they don't start cranking these out so fast no one can keep up, and the quality is phoned in.

Chris

EMCE Hammer
Apr 11, '14, 8:46 AM
"Nice"? or "Odd"?

If they would've said "Inspired by Vinny, Toyroom and Kenner" would that have been worse? Or better?

As noted in this thread, Star Wars was doing three-packs in the 80's and many companies have followed suit since.

If they do a two-pack of Flash/Zoom or GL/Sinestro I'll expect to see my picture on the back with a bio. With an assist from Toyroom I did this back in 2009; can't seem to find pics of the GL version.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/5/3/flash2.jpg
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/5/3/flash3.jpg

I will grab at least one for the novelty of it, but probably not more for the same reason I quickly abandoned the customs two-pack idea. They simply take up too much of my display space, no matter how beautiful Anthony's art is.

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 8:58 AM
"Nice"? or "Odd"?

I'm not saying on the package - maybe just a quick one liner or shout out on the site when they posted it would have been nice.

Again I talk to Anthony from CTV/Fig Inc -.... a lot.

I gave him a ton of ideas on what to make as far as parts. I even sent him the parts to cast. I don't brag or boast or take credit cause most of the ideas were no brainers - But it was from an out side view looking in.

Anthony and his son are great guys. I have no problems with them at all - I would like to think we are friends. -
If you were to ever talk to him I doubt he would say I did not help him with ideas to make. I have hundreds of emails as proof - I would send him spread sheets as what to make and what colors.

The 2 packs he just launched were inspired by me. - You can call him and ask I doubt he will tell you they were not.
He has other lines coming out with other figures that follow the same path of the customs I made with similar artwork from toyroom.

I grabbed one of Toyroom cards a few years back - at that time they had made a few of them that I knew of batman/superman, batman robin, green lantern/ green arrow card to name just a few. Those cards inspired me - a lot.

I started making 2 packs for my collection -
I would tell Toyroom What I wanted to make - He brought them to life with great art work and design - we all know who he is and what he can do - the art he chooses and the layouts are always just about perfect.

I thank Toyroom and list them in every single post I make anywhere

Again - I'm not sour these are being made - matter of fact I'm happy.
I'm not shocked - as I have talked to Anthony and I have seen some of the layouts for these months ago - anything we talk about I do not share - its not my place so I do not share that info with anyone.

These bring some great figures and art together. Awesome sets. And to limit them is even better. I want to see his company do well, this way we all can get figures we want that were never made.

So again I think most miss the point - It would have just been nice to see a one liner on the website or something
But for most of you guys to think these were inspired by kenner is just crazy.

These were inspired by Toyroom - Who Inspired me to ask them to make more and different ones for my customs - who in fact inspired Figs-inc.
for anyone who thinks it was other wise or something else - is just crazy.

Again don't take my word for it - Ask Anthony from CTV/Fig In - He is a stand up guy - he will tell you himself.

And again - Can't stress it enough
I'm happy for everything they are making - and I wish nothing but the best of luck to them.

We all should wish them well!
as they continue to do well and grow - we all should be happy to get many new products that we would have never seen before if they do not do well.

So I hope they continue to grow and continue to push out great product.
So 2 packs or single figures - what ever your choice is - just keep buying so you can see more great figures down the road.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 9:12 AM
I am on the fence on this one. I get what the guys are saying about they created the 'product' ie a 2-pack with custom art, maybe even the exact way FTC is using it. But they didn't invent the two-pack or multi-pack figure idea. And they didn't create the artwork, they just took existing artwork from DC. And the BIG difference is FTC *paid* to use that artwork. Unless these guys paid DC to use the artwork as well, maybe they did, but I doubt it.

I still think the 2-packs packaging I've seen here are great and look very nicely-made, but again, it wasn't like the wheel was invented here. If someone had come up with a completely unique process for packaging figures that NO ONE else had used, then that's something. Which is why we have patents, to protect inventors that create unique products. I don't think the 2-pack packaging would pass the test for a patent. Maybe so, but I doubt it.

Now having said all of that, I do agree that it would be nice for FTC to do something for these guys if for no other reason that because they are apparently well-respected here, on a major collector forum. Maybe they have something in the works, I have no idea.

I don't mean this to be a slight to anyone that's created any 2-packs. Again all the ones I have seen look great and I get that FTC has said they were inspired by the existing ones that some people had created. I can understand why these guys might want some recognition, but I can also understand why FTC might not want to go that route.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 9:14 AM
BTW what does everyone think of the art for the Batman vs Catwoman card, specifically incorporating a comic cover from the Mego era? I was tempted to snag that 2-pack just for the art, and I would definitely grab a Batman vs Two-Face 2-pack down the line if they added an image of Batman 234!

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 9:16 AM
Look not sure if you guys are joking or busting balls so - let me just make this last point.

I asked Toyroom to make me this Bruce Wayne card - TR picked the art
its the same art they are using for the CTV 2 pack
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii616/Vinny0026/Vinny0026%20Complete%20Mego%20Collection/BruceWayneasBatman2-pack1_zpsad2e71ea.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/Vinny0026/media/Vinny0026%20Complete%20Mego%20Collection/BruceWayneasBatman2-pack1_zpsad2e71ea.jpg.html)

I also Asked TR for a bio on the back
again he choose the art - I just told him what I wanted
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii616/Vinny0026/Vinny0026%20Complete%20Mego%20Collection/BruceWayneasBatman2-pack3_zpsfccc326a.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/Vinny0026/media/Vinny0026%20Complete%20Mego%20Collection/BruceWayneasBatman2-pack3_zpsfccc326a.jpg.html)

I say it all the time - these figures are simple customs - brought to full life due to the card art.

But what you guys don't get is - Fig inc did not get this idea on their own - it was inspired by me and again ask him.
It was a pure sign of respect when he asked me if he can make them - we are friends. Again he did not need my permission - as I had no say.

I was glad to see these being made - and I'm glad they are doing so well.

I have thousands of e mails from me and Anthony - of what parts he should make, colors - even spreadsheet - of tons of research.

Its not that he saw these at the MM or ebay -
again I have no rights to produce figures - He does.

I'm glad to see them come to life - but I'm not like some people here who talk to him when for 2 mins when placing an order
I talk to him - I have been invited to his factory - though I have not made it there yet.

Normally I don't care about credit at all.
And this has nothing to due what they are making.

But for some remarks here - or the comments that some have posted just ****es me off to be honest.
You guys can believe what you want. - I know the truth and you all can sit there and guess.

I'm sure this will come up again in a few waves -
where I have already seen the finished product.

Another line inspired by both my customs on toyroom art.
I will not disclose what it is - as I do not share the pictures they send me. But I'll let you wait till they come out and say it was not inspired by anyone

and just to beat this fact home
I have no problem with Anthony or CTV - I'm friends with those guys. I wish them nothing but the best and hope they continue to make more new and great products. At the end of the day I just give them ideas - they have to lay out the money and bring them to life. So at the end of the day to should get the credit as they are taking on the risk and expense.

My comments are not directed at them but for the few people who think the 2 packs made by me with toyroom art had nothing to do with this

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 9:27 AM
BTW to clarify, I'm not saying that FTC weren't inspired by your work, hell you are saying Anthony called and emailed you repeatedly about it so I'm sure you are telling the truth.

The only thing I disagree with you on is calling it your or Toyroom's art. Taking DC artwork and putting it on a card, even in an 'original' sequence etc still makes it DC's artwork. FTC is paying to use DC's artwork.

If others paid to use that same artwork first and FTC is copying the exact sequence etc that others used first, then maybe we have something. Maybe. You said yourself that the art makes the card. That art belongs to DC, right?

If this was original art that one of you had created that FTC was using, then I could see your point. But again, taking existing art from someone else and re-using it doesn't make it 'your' art. It's still DC. And FTC is paying to use it.

Sorry, not trying to **** anyone off, just trying to be honest. From your POV, I could see where you would be upset, I just don't see things exactly from your POV. No harm or foul meant.

Brown Bear
Apr 11, '14, 9:31 AM
Those posts sound like a passive aggressive way of getting that pat on the back that you weren't looking for.
Congrats for being so influencial.

VinMan
Apr 11, '14, 9:32 AM
Let me weigh in - I was half joking when I said Vinny and Toyroom deserved royalties or respect or whatever. Slippery slope? It's all fun.

Do I really think they should thank either of these guys on the packaging or whatever? NO

Can I see a DIRECT correlation between what is being done by FTC and what Vinny0026 and Toyroom have done? YES

I know 2 and 3 packs have been around forever. But they are using Toyrooms actual artwork here (owned by DC - used first by one of our own right here). Imitation is flattery I guess.

I will buy them. I will fully support these 2 packs. I had a problem in the past with something from FTC and Anthony talked to me directly and fixed it right away. They are running a great business and I will support them forever.

But make no mistake - these packs were inspired by what we all have seen on these boards, right here. It is now being taken to the next level. Vinny and Toyroom could never pump out what FTC is doing in bulk. 100's of 2 packs? FTC will handle it beautifully - from the seed that our own members (and Mego brothers) planted.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 9:47 AM
But they are using Toyrooms actual artwork here (owned by DC - used first by one of our own right here). Imitation is flattery I guess.

No, Toyroom and whoever else used DC's artwork. That would be like you doing several original drawings then I take those with photoshop and create a new scene and call it 'my' artwork.

And while I'm not a copyright lawyer, I am pretty sure DC could cause a stink about someone taking their artwork without their permission and making custom packaging. This is why FTC paid the money so they COULD use the artwork.

I love the 'custom' cards and backs, but you can't just take someone else's content and use it without permission. It can get you into trouble quickly. If you have permission, that's fine. But if you don't, you are opening yourself up for issues you don't want.

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 10:04 AM
Those posts sound like a passive aggressive way of getting that pat on the back that you weren't looking for.
Congrats for being so influencial.

This one time I will prove a point - If I'm not friends with him and did not speak to them about 2 packs
where did this alt art come from?
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii616/Vinny0026/get-attachment_zpsaa5f9e39.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/Vinny0026/media/get-attachment_zpsaa5f9e39.jpg.html)

You have no fking clue how influential I have been with them and not just 2 packs. No clue
Out of respect for CTV/Fig inc I won't go into detail. Again I have no problems with them or what they are making. Its you guys who think you know what your talking about ... when in fact you do not.

But I know the truth -and if you don't know what your talking about - you should keep your mouth shut.
Normally I try to keep calm - but sarcasms does not sit well with me - at all.

Especially with people you think are brothers and friends.

jeffbearco
Apr 11, '14, 10:20 AM
This convinced me to finally pull the trigger and buy my first DC Mego Repro from FTC. I got the Batman/Bruce Wayne figures since I've mentioned several times that I wanted to see a similar combo. I hope they do more like that. I'd love to at least get the big 3, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

I actually have friends that are Wonder Woman collectors so I'd probably buy more than one set for Christmas presents and such. For WW, that would mean some changes in the head at least to do away with the printed tiara for Diana Prince.

JeffBearCO

rjm118
Apr 11, '14, 10:20 AM
I would say they had to have been 110% influenced by Vinny and The Toyroom.

Ive seen those two packs on ebay forever! Ill give them credit at FTC, they are listening to what we want. The price point on the other hand......

I ordered the Batman Vs. Catwoman, thought it was the coolest artwork of all 5.

jeffbearco
Apr 11, '14, 10:26 AM
As one last nudge on Wonder Woman, I'd much MUCH rather they use the 12 inch figure as a guide instead of the 8 inch figure. The original 8 inch figure would look like CRAP next to the Mattel version.

And yes, I am trying to pull this conversation back around to the figures instead of the well vetted controversy. *sigh*

For the record, I never saw the 2 packs on ebay but I don't doubt they have shown up before.

JeffBearCO

VinMan
Apr 11, '14, 10:26 AM
I ordered the Batman Vs. Catwoman, thought it was the coolest artwork of all 5.

Me too!! Best one!!!!!

sprytel
Apr 11, '14, 10:27 AM
I think anybody who has been here for a while recognizes that these were inspired by the beautiful 2-pack cards that you commisioned from the Toyroom.

Your posts now make it clear why that is... they didn't rip you off, you asked them to make these. You have a friendship and a collaboration with Fig Inc. Again, I don't think anyone doubts the facts you presented. I think the majority of the MM crowd understands, and I think we all credit you for these sets being made. So I wouldn't get too worked up. Wishing for something more official is probably just begging for a Cease & Desist letter anyhow.

I am curious though, and please do not take this as an accusation: Did you discuss this with Toyroom before you asked Fig Inc to make these?

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 10:36 AM
As one last nudge on Wonder Woman, I'd much MUCH rather they use the 12 inch figure as a guide instead of the 8 inch figure. The original 8 inch figure would look like CRAP next to the Mattel version.

And yes, I am trying to pull this conversation back around to the figures instead of the well vetted controversy. *sigh*

For the record, I never saw the 2 packs on ebay but I don't doubt they have shown up before.

JeffBearCO

If FTC is smart, this is what they will do: First make the figures EXACTLY as Mego made them. As close as they can.

THEN they can make smaller runs to satisfy some of the complaints collectors have, such as a child-sized body Mxy, correct suit Speedy, etc. That way they satisfy the purists and collectors that want to see Mego's 'mistakes' corrected. Plus they make more money from their license.

I think we all need to remember that the more money FTC makes from this the better because the better the DC line does for them, the more sense it makes for them to pony up to buy other licenses, starting with (hopefully) Marvel!

madmarva
Apr 11, '14, 10:47 AM
Look, I'm sorry for stirring this kettle of fish in the first place, but I truly respect The Toyroom's design work and Vinny's ideas and execution of the two-packs, and giving them a little shout out was the only intention.

I don't think anyone is arguing over who has the rights to the art or that two-packs in general are their original ideas, but it didn't take a half a glance at FTC's product to know where the inspiration came from.

Like VinMan, when I mentioned percentage, it was a joke. And one of the reasons FTC can't give them a shout out is because it could open a door that none of the parties would want to walk through.

Now as for the design of the two-pack packaging, yes, the Toyroom is using art produced by DC or MArvel, but the designs of his boxes and cards - the choice of what art to use, it's placement in conjunction with type, what colors to use or not use, any little fixes in Photoshop - all of that is absolutely his. And design is absolutely an artistic endeavor.

Look at the choice The Toyroom made on the card back of of Vinny's Batman/Bruce Wayne set. Vinny wanted The Toyroom to incorporate the origin in some way. Using the origin from I believe Detective Comics 33 was just a great decision for a custom card. It was an artistic choice he was able to make because he knows the subject matter so well. He could have just slapped another image from DC's style guide on the back, which would have taken him a few minutes or less. It would have looked good, and just added the Origin blurb, but no, The Toyroom, didn't just do an average job with it, he went further b/c he cares and he knows his name will be on it. For the most part he allowed the art to tell the origin through his placement of the panels.

Now, if you look at the design on the FTC single figure cards and then compare it to the design on the two packs, the design on the two packs is much better.

Why?

Either, FTC has hired a much better designer, or FTC's designer is following The Toyroom's designs as a template. I think it's the latter.

As for FTC, more power to them. The more care they put into the design and execution of their figures, the clothing, accessories and the packaging, the better it is for the consumer and the better it is for FTC.

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 11:07 AM
I am curious though, and please do not take this as an accusation: Did you discuss this with Toyroom before you asked Fig Inc to make these?

Ok - I think a lot of this is not coming out the right way. maybe its me not clearly expressing my points. Or people taking just different point of views than me.

I DID NOT ask CTV/Figures inc to make anything.
At the end of the day he makes the call on what he wants to make or not make.
I did not tell him to make these. Why would I? I was selling customs on e bays - that I will no longer be able to sell.

But Anthony did tell me a while back he planned on making 2 packs. So he can do what ever he wants he owns the rights not me.

I had no right to tell Toyroom what Fig inc was planning to make.
I deal with Toyroom at least once every other week I would never do anything to hurt him or upset him. Toyroom would tell you that I'm like the only one, or one of the few who use or makes 2 pack customs. So the fact that Figures inc is making these really has no impact on what ToyRoom does.

They have the rights to make any DC figure they want in 8" format. They paid for those rights. They put all the money into the rights and making these figures.
They take all the risk - so they deserve all the reward.

I'm happy to be friends with Anthony-figures inc - I respect him and what he is doing
I'm lucky enough to talk to him and he bounces ideas off of me.

So in short - everyone can make up their own mind as to what inspired them to make these.
It is clear that I love 2 packs - as I just got a new order from Toyroom last week for a bunch of new ones.

I have no problems with Figures Inc/ or Toyroom
Both are friends of mine and I would never do anything to hurt either of them.

I will just say Toyroom inspired me with these 2 packs
I than made tons of them, I was lucky to sell a bunch of them.

I like to believe that the work inspired CTV -
But at the end of the day they have to make what they feel will sell or not. So again they took the risk they should get the reward.

But I do not work for ctv, I do not get paid by ctv
I continue to say I like the stuff they make and hope they continue to bring us new and awesome products.

I have nothing else to say on the matter - everyone is a big boy here - you can have your own thoughts or point of view
I have no desire to say anymore than I already have.

Also for the record again -
I'm friends with both of those guys and have nothing but respect for Classic TV toys/ and Toyroom.

At the end of the day - I'm a mego guy and happy that CTV makes all this new stuff
and glad that Toyroom is able to bring some of my customs to life.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 11, '14, 11:10 AM
Well said. I am sure any effect you and/or AD had on FTC packaging was positive.

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 11:16 AM
As for FTC, more power too them. The more care they put into the design and execution of their figures, the clothing, accessories and the packaging, the better it is for the consumer and the better it is for FTC.

I totally agree with you - at the end of the day we all just want to see more product and more figures. So it matters not what influences them to make them as long as they continue to do so. So in short get out there and support them - buy more figures and they will continue to bring us more new figures.

So we all love mego - and mego type figures. lets support CTV so they continue to bring us more.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 11:38 AM
So I wouldn't get too worked up. Wishing for something more official is probably just begging for a Cease & Desist letter anyhow.

Bingo. If you use someone's artwork without permission and then make money off that artwork, you are asking for it. From a PR standpoint DC probably won't say anything if you sell a few here or there, but they are well within their legal rights to stop it from happening. This is why companies like FTC have to pay licensing fees to use DC's artwork.

sprytel
Apr 11, '14, 12:39 PM
Sorry, Vinny. I must have misread your previous posts. You said that you had given them lots of ideas, and that you inspired the 2 packs, and I incorrectly connected the dots as you having suggested the 2 pack idea.

(Also, when you said about "Anthony" asking permission... I was thinking Toyroom Anthony, when now it is clear that you were referring to FTC Anthony.)

In any case, I wasn't trying to make you defensive.

Your custom 2 packs are always fun. Toyroom's packaging aesthetic is outstanding. It is a winning formula... I understand why FTC would want to emulate it.

Teemu
Apr 11, '14, 1:46 PM
Wished Figures toy company was making Marvel 2-packs! :)

Vs sets,alterego's,Fantastic 4 4-pack,the list goes on!

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 2:23 PM
Sorry, Vinny. I must have misread your previous posts. You said that you had given them lots of ideas, and that you inspired the 2 packs, and I incorrectly connected the dots as you having suggested the 2 pack idea.

(Also, when you said about "Anthony" asking permission... I was thinking Toyroom Anthony, when now it is clear that you were referring to FTC Anthony.)

In any case, I wasn't trying to make you defensive.

Your custom 2 packs are always fun. Toyroom's packaging aesthetic is outstanding. It is a winning formula... I understand why FTC would want to emulate it.

No worries brother - a lot gets lost in the long posts - same as text messages.
easy to get confused when they are both named Anthony LOL

I'm glad you guys enjoy the customs. They are fun to make and glad I can share them with fellow mego heads here.

Again - with out Toyroom - I would not have like 80% of my customs. He never lets you down on a project and the work he does in amazing

Also Like I said - I'm in for anything CTV makes. So just go out there and buy. Support the brand and they will help bring everyone figures they want to see. So buy it all.

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 3:34 PM
I totally agree with you - at the end of the day we all just want to see more product and more figures. So it matters not what influences them to make them as long as they continue to do so. So in short get out there and support them - buy more figures and they will continue to bring us more new figures.

So we all love mego - and mego type figures. lets support CTV so they continue to bring us more.

I want more... and I'm pretty outspoken in how I think things should be done. As VinMan said though: "It's all in fun"

I mean, I can say anything I think is valuable... but chancesa re, unless many people agree with a sentiment, there ain't gonna be a reaction from a given company FTC or otherwise.

Here's another thing... I don't want to speak for BrownBear, but I claim total ignorance/innocence, as I didn't realize you were HELPING FTC with their packaging development.

For the record, I wouldn't have even bothered uttering a peep on that issue, if I knew better... but, now I do, and I apologize for not knowing any better. I guess I should hang around here more often to understand the more subtle team-ups here, cause, again, I had no idea. (It's also confusing that both Toyroom and FTC's Anthony are "Anthonys").

Brown Bear
Apr 11, '14, 3:36 PM
What an exciting time to be a mego collector!! We are all so very lucky to have so many great things on the way.

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 3:46 PM
It scares me to see all of this shown all at once. I hope they don't start cranking these out so fast no one can keep up, and the quality is phoned in.

Chris

I hope they start cranking them out... or something CLOSE to that.

I'm flexible... I've come to terms with the slight differences in FTCs and Mego originals... I've come to terms with being stuck with all Batman characters, and being resigned to that the first new character is the non-superheroed costumed ALFRED... but geez, the Alfred wave isn't even out yet.

If it's cool with everyone else, that's cool... but the longer the line releases are drawn out, the less faith in this line I have.... not for it's success, but for my my interest in it. Thy probably know what they're doing. I mean, I HOPE they know what they're doing.

Still, this is my take on it: If they're stuck with only Batman characters... if they need such a lag time between releases... if they need to rely on the past success of (and the consumer-attractiveness power of) a Batman variant, why not make a third wave of: Alfred, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and RC Batman?

It just seems like molasses to me.... but, I'll try to stay positive.

TMANSTOYS
Apr 11, '14, 3:59 PM
Bring on the Double Dukes......These guys keep bringing the goods.

megoscott
Apr 11, '14, 4:15 PM
I'm a tiny bit frightened to see what they do with Star Fire. That character on a Mego Teen Titan body could be really bad.

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 4:56 PM
Here's another thing... I don't want to speak for BrownBear, but I claim total ignorance/innocence, as I didn't realize you were HELPING FTC with their packaging development.

haha - one day we will all have to sit down have a beer and talk.

But again I did not have anything to do with the artwork they picked (CTV) or used, I did not have a say in it.
anything he used - him and his team drew and picked out. I believe they have 1 or 2 DC artists on call to help them with their needs.

For the most part this is why they do not use a lot of old or original mego art - not sure they can. That's why most of the art work is new.
He just asked me what I thought of the art work he was working on.

I will say this - he has some other art work that I really hope they use down the line.
He had for a bruce wayne/ batman 2 pack, and a batman/ joker. the art is pretty amazing. So I would love to see it used down the road.

so at the end of the day
for the most part we all love what they are doing - so lets hope for some more great figures and more great ideas.

Would Love to see an Aquaman and White shark remake. Along with tons of never before made mego size figures

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 5:02 PM

I'm flexible... I've come to terms with the slight differences in FTCs and Mego originals... I've come to terms with being stuck with all Batman characters, and being resigned to that the first new character is the non-superheroed costumed ALFRED... but geez, the Alfred wave isn't even out yet.

If it's cool with everyone else, that's cool... but the longer the line releases are drawn out, the less faith in this line I have.... not for it's success, but for my my interest in it. Thy probably know what they're doing. I mean, I HOPE they know what they're doing.

Still, this is my take on it: If they're stuck with only Batman characters... if they need such a lag time between releases... if they need to rely on the past success of (and the consumer-attractiveness power of) a Batman variant, why not make a third wave of: Alfred, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and RC Batman?

If opinions like this:

Bring on the Double Dukes......These guys keep bringing the goods.
are the norm... looks like I'm gonna have to wait a long, LONG time for new superhero characters.... the multiple lines will be successful, but mostly on the merit of reselling the same stuff but in different iterations, and eking out newer stuff along it, with as much restraint as possible in creating new items from scratch. Bummer (for me).

If they're so concerned about not putting any new product unless it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, I wonder if they'd consider selling 5 loose/unpackaged superhero figures for $110 a piece.

I'll lobby for ANY excuse to buy these.

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 5:14 PM
If opinions like this:

are the norm... looks like I'm gonna have to wait a long, LONG time for new superhero characters.... the multiple lines will be successful, but mostly on the merit of reselling the same stuff but in different iterations, and eking out newer stuff along it, with as much restraint as possible in creating new items from scratch. Bummer (for me).

If they're so concerned about not putting any new product unless it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, I wonder if they'd consider selling 5 loose/unpackaged superhero figures for $110 a piece.

I'll lobby for ANY excuse to buy these.

I think your a little off the mark here
They did not make these 2 packs in place of figures yet to be made.

in other words these figures were already made. Production on new figures is already in the works.

Right now you will see 66 batman next, than titans and wave 3 of batman.

The 2 waves after that you will get about 6 new characters.
I don't want to speak for ctv but those 2 wave you will be pretty happy about.

So again they did not stop production to make these 2 packs
All those figures on the back of the 2 pack cards are all pretty much due to hit in the next few years.

That is a ton of new figures - plus what ever else they have in the works.
In short save your money cause These figures are due to hit every few months at 100 bucks per wave. I know some people are getting 2 sets of each - that's 200 per wave. The way they are going they have enough characters to keep busy for the most part of a decade. You will see all the figures you want as long as the line continues to sell - so in short keep buying and we will all get the characters we want and will enjoy.

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 5:23 PM
haha - one day we will all have to sit down have a beer and talk.
Nothing I don't like about THAT suggestion! Love both beer & toys and would love to talk shop with any toy customizer or artist!

But again I did not have anything to do with the artwork they picked (CTV) or used, I did not have a say in it.
anything he used - him and his team drew and picked out....
For the most part this is why they do not use a lot of old or original mego art - not sure they can. That's why most of the art work is new.
He just asked me what I thought of the art work he was working on.
I'm not a "packaged" guy, unless it's a very specific project... like, for example, I had Toyroom triple card classic Mego era looking customs of Doc Ock, Red Skull and Dr. Doom (by Jim Hampton, David Lee and Austin Hough)... I asked Toyroom to design a big card to look as if the one card was three SEPERATE classic WGSH Mego cards all sitting right next to each other. It's just amazing to look at it IMHO. But, of course it's all opinion, right? Well, my tastes for artwork for these cards that FTC are putting out as doubles lean towards only the vibes that fall more with in the 1976 and BEFORE 1976 era that is much of the core of the style guides that the original Mego line had.

Whether original artwork or new artwork, I'm kinda unclear on why or why not FTC is using styles that appear closer the 1980s DC artwork. Hey, whatever works... if I ever need custom artwork though, I'm going more early Bronze Age, than later (or POST) Bronze Age like some of this new FTC art seems to be leaning towards.

so at the end of the day
for the most part we all love what they are doing - so lets hope for some more great figures and more great ideas.

Would Love to see an Aquaman and White shark remake. Along with tons of never before made mego size figures
Apparently THAT'S the plan.... and it'd be neat to take a time machine to the somewhat near future and see some of that instead of later wave teases for brand new stuff en masse, while still only getting retread stuff like triple-carded "Phantom Of The Park" KISS figures and double-carded Abraham Lincoln Hogg and Boss Hogg.

Hey.... FTC.... bring on that Abraham Lincoln Hogg/Boss Hogg two pack, but it'd be a nice gesture to see a new DC superhero before that... or (if new DC superhero releases are truly too intimidating to the corporations well-being), at least serve up a Cooter and an Uncle Jesse alongside easy-as-heck retreads (Hughie Hogg, anyone?).

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 5:49 PM
I think your a little off the mark here
They did not make these 2 packs in place of figures yet to be made.

in other words these figures were already made. Production on new figures is already in the works.
Well, now that I know you are intimate with FTC/CTV, I'll take your word that there may be a lot more going on than what I know.
On the other hand... "seeing is believing"... and even if you actually saw finished Green Lantern etc etc figures, I'm well-aware you wouldn't be able to tell us if you did due to business concerns.
So for now I'll stay skeptical but hopeful.

Right now you will see 66 batman next, than titans and wave 3 of batman.

The 2 waves after that you will get about 6 new characters.
I don't want to speak for ctv but those 2 wave you will be pretty happy about.
That is a ton of new figures - plus what ever else they have in the works.
So far none of that announced/shown stuff has been released... that's a LOT of announced/shown product that has been in the wings combined with a lot "hope" about future waves. I saw a pic of a Green Arrow and a Superman, I think, but those seem to have been buried around here... it's a lot to anticipate, and I hope to be as happy as you say. Truth is, unless it's WGSH... or at least the Titans, I'm not interested. The '66 line is intriguing because of characters like Egghead in 8 inch. but I'm gonna need a few more '66 B-listers before I jump into that. Mattel did a great job with the '66 action figures they put out, and if CTV fizzles out on the '66 line with no more B-listers than Egghead, then I'll pass on that line.

So again they did not stop production to make these 2 packs
All those figures on the back of the 2 pack cards are all pretty much due to hit in the next few years.
To be more accurate, I never said I thought those figures were made in a "stopped" production phase brought on by two-packs production.... let me clarify by saying that, if anything, I'm hypothesizing that they haven't even started production on those Wave 4 WGSH figures, and are waiting til the last possible moment to do so.

Why wouldn't CTV do this? Release dates for Wave Four (and onwards) of the DC (straight WGSH/not Titans/'66) figs, if any, are considered so far off that those dates are quite "loose" by any standard. And, CTV's history shows that they'll retread as much as possible and are, not so much "slow" to go into further waves, but, the truth is, they've never really done a good amount of new characters for ANY property. Isn't KISS their most developed line? There's a lot of re-use there. Nuff said.

In short save your money cause These figures are due to hit every few months at 100 bucks per wave. I know some people are getting 2 sets of each - that's 200 per wave. The way they are going they have enough characters to keep busy for the most part of a decade. You will see all the figures you want as long as the line continues to sell - so in short keep buying and we will all get the characters we want and will enjoy.

But there's nothing here I want to buy yet.

I can't make myself buy things I don't want... so I have to wait to see what else comes out in the WGSH area aside from Batman Mego remakes and Alfred (nice but bland figure, released with that "milking previous clothes/easy route" mindset FTC is known for).

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 7:35 PM

I am a huge Batman fan, but I'll admit that I would have rather see them mix up the selection more than giving us basically all the possible Batman figures first, then moving onto the Superman and JLA characters.

But the bottom line is we're going to get all the figures we want, over the next SEVERAL years. Looks like FTC is setting up for a killer Fall. A Superman wave, and they have confirmed Green Arrow is coming later this year and that they have been working on Flash and Hawkman for a while now.

The best time to be a Mego fan was in the 1970s. The second best time is today.

samurainoir
Apr 11, '14, 8:01 PM
I'm a tiny bit frightened to see what they do with Star Fire. That character on a Mego Teen Titan body could be really bad.

I with thinking the same thing, but hopefully it will give us base parts like a good head and suit that we can modify onto a Yvonne or Matty female body. I'm really wondering if they go with the "flesh suit" route on Starfire... I'd likely take a pass on that depending on how good a "Perez-like" sculpt they can get on the head and crazy rooted mass of big hair. I really think CTVT needs to develop their own updated female body, but they don't really seem to be on the innovation curve when it comes to bodies like EMCE or CaW/Zica.

To me Cyborg seems to be an even tougher character to pull off. I would love to see molded cybernetic limbs over shiny metallic cloth booties and gloves for example.

PNGwynne
Apr 11, '14, 9:06 PM
I have reservations as well about later TT waves being released as 7" figures.

Regarding Cyborg, I've seen good 8" versions here with screened suits and silver Iron Man boots & gloves that were very WWMD.

huedell
Apr 11, '14, 9:42 PM
But the bottom line is we're going to get all the figures we want, over the next SEVERAL years. Looks like FTC is setting up for a killer Fall. A Superman wave, and they have confirmed Green Arrow is coming later this year and that they have been working on Flash and Hawkman for a while now.

The best time to be a Mego fan was in the 1970s. The second best time is today.

That makes a nice bumper sticker slogan, but without the figures, I just don't "feel it"...this slow-going on the WGSH branch of FTC's stuff accentuates that this is the worst time for me (personally) to be a Mego fan. How long is it going to take to reach a goal that Mattel blasted out of the gate with? And I'm supposed to trust that this slow-going is a sign of their being careful? They have no other proven lines that lasted more than a few waves without a good amount of reuse (KISS).

And whether I'm focused on my own collecting personal goals or not... I'm gonna be skeptical of this WGSH-resurgence line of being nothing more than a fizzled-out tease whose only contribution to the "Mego WGSH redux" is the Bat characters, possibly the core Titans and possibly Green Arrow, Supes and few strays.... with one of the few new figures being good ol' Alfred the butler who serves an actual superhero.

If they ACTUALLY come through with a notable amount of WGSH waves, then the best time to be a Mego fan will be in 2016. And the second best time will have been the 70s---as far as I'm concerned.
^^^That's MY take on this quite familiar mantra being repeated the last few months.^^^

Vinny0026
Apr 11, '14, 9:47 PM
Personally - I love the Alfred figure and other that might be made, Jimmy Olsen, Lois lane etc..
I hope to see these non hero figures thrown in every few waves.

Krypt0nite
Apr 11, '14, 11:05 PM
I'm very excited to see all the characters on the cardback. One question---where are the Legionnaires?

thunderbolt
Apr 12, '14, 3:39 AM
That makes a nice bumper sticker slogan, but without the figures, I just don't "feel it"...this slow-going on the WGSH branch of FTC's stuff accentuates that this is the worst time for me (personally) to be a Mego fan. How long is it going to take to reach a goal that Mattel blasted out of the gate with? And I'm supposed to trust that this slow-going is a sign of their being careful? They have no other proven lines that lasted more than a few waves without a good amount of reuse (KISS).

And whether I'm focused on my own collecting personal goals or not... I'm gonna be skeptical of this WGSH-resurgence line of being nothing more than a fizzled-out tease whose only contribution to the "Mego WGSH redux" is the Bat characters, possibly the core Titans and possibly Green Arrow, Supes and few strays.... with one of the few new figures being good ol' Alfred the butler who serves an actual superhero.

If they ACTUALLY come through with a notable amount of WGSH waves, then the best time to be a Mego fan will be in 2016. And the second best time will have been the 70s---as far as I'm concerned.
^^^That's MY take on this quite familiar mantra being repeated the last few months.^^^

Show a little patience, its been less than a year since they announced the DC license and they already have two waves of Batman figures out and should have the 66 first wave, Titans and wave 3 of Batman within a month for sale. Maybe they are smart enough to not oversaturate the DC market and break the customer's wallets?

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 3:48 AM
Personally - I love the Alfred figure and other that might be made, Jimmy Olsen, Lois lane etc..

Personally, I too, love the Alfred figure. But it's not that easy for me to "just" love a figure without seeing my future with the line. I gotta wonder why I'm the only one bummed that he was the "bone" thrown...in a whole year of releases time....as to add-ons for the WGSH line.

For, I love the Alfred figure, I'll add that: "In a hypothetical world where Scarecrow or Poison Ivy (or scads of other more interesting characters) were made first (or released alongside Al), I would've not only loved the Alfred figure, I would've also shut up about the letdown of him being released as the first new WGSH add-on figure, and the ONLY new add-on figure in his wave too." ;)

Bring on new WGSH #2... please don't let it be Perry White. Even Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen would edge out the butler.

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 4:13 AM
Show a little patience, its been less than a year since they announced the DC license and they already have two waves of Batman figures out and should have the 66 first wave, Titans and wave 3 of Batman within a month for sale. Maybe they are smart enough to not oversaturate the DC market and break the customer's wallets?

I "like" this train-of-thought... but I'm not so sure how much wallets are at risk (so, is it prudent to call them "smart"?)... it's just that I've been led down this road before. And let down big time (Retro-Heroes). And it was even WAY more character selection before it disappeared. Since then, I hit upon all the requisite Bronze Age DCUC... including DC Directs that compliment the line, including Alfred from the DC Direct HUSH set.

I sold off certain DC character customs because the DCUC stuff really filled the void... but if factory-made stuff by FTC does the trick to get me back into DC Megos, then I'm there! I just don't know at what point I can rationalize coming back in.

All I see right now are promises and re-packs. Mego Bat-Family and Alfred.

I'm holding out hope, but it's looking realllly SLOW right now. And "slow" plus "FTC's track record" makes me really uncomfortable with truly celebrating this inarguably cool resuscitation of DC MEGO WGSH.

But, it is (to reiterate) inarguably (in my book) cool they're giving it a shot.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 12, '14, 7:11 AM

Personally I think there's no satisfying some of you. I mean if you had told us even a year ago that we would already have 2 waves of near-prefect WGSH Mego replicas and were weeks/days away from getting a Batman 66 wave and TITANS not only near perfect Mego replicas of existing characters but new ones like Alfred, Gordon, Hawkman, Flash, etc etc etc, I think everyone here would have said it would be a dream come true. Yet there's so much hand-wringing here that it's honestly hilarious to read it.

Oh they are taking too long to make them! Oh they are making them TOO FAST...quality will suffer! I want to see more figures, when will they announce something besides Bats?!? No, they are announcing too many figures, they'll never make them all!

Good grief, seriously guys. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The really funny/sad part is that when we are sitting here in August having had another 3-4 waves of figures out by then there will STILL be people complaining. About....something.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 12, '14, 7:17 AM

Alfred is perfect, and it sounds like they are working on a more 'serious' sculpt for the new Batman and Robin figures that will match his sculpt. Hopefully something similar to the head sculpt for the 12" magnetic figures.

I suppose they decided to focus on Batman WGSH figures first because they want to focus on the 66 line early. But I don't think they are going to get maximum excitement for this effort till they break into the Superman and JLA figures. If they do that and stay on a consistent schedule of releasing a new wave every 1-2 months then it will be perfect.

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '14, 7:28 AM
Hue, what "slow-going"?

Other reMego lines have been annually or even longer.

Mego itself, aside from 1974 which featured both the Super-Gal & Super-Foe releases, did a WGSH wave each year amidst other releases.

I'm more concerned about quality over quantity. If we get two waves (say, April-November) or even three (April-July-November) a year, that's fine by me.

VinMan
Apr 12, '14, 7:32 AM
I am with PNGwynne. He nailed it.

I don't think its slow at all. I think FTC is doing a great job. I would rather it be slow and look good than rushed and we get crappy figures.

Take your time FTC. Slow and steady wins the race.

Vinny0026
Apr 12, '14, 8:15 AM
Personally I think there's no satisfying some of you. I mean if you had told us even a year ago that we would already have 2 waves of near-prefect WGSH Mego replicas and were weeks/days away from getting a Batman 66 wave and TITANS not only near perfect Mego replicas of existing characters but new ones like Alfred, Gordon, Hawkman, Flash, etc etc etc, I think everyone here would have said it would be a dream come true. Yet there's so much hand-wringing here that it's honestly hilarious to read it.

Oh they are taking too long to make them! Oh they are making them TOO FAST...quality will suffer! I want to see more figures, when will they announce something besides Bats?!? No, they are announcing too many figures, they'll never make them all!

Good grief, seriously guys. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The really funny/sad part is that when we are sitting here in August having had another 3-4 waves of figures out by then there will STILL be people complaining. About....something.

I could not agree with this post more.
For those of you who know more about me I was a manager for both Toys R Us and Disney - I also owned my own Pizzeria (oddly enough all around 10 years each)

You can never - and will never make everyone happy - It is a FACT

I get why some are you think your disappointed - It is because you did not buy any of the figures out to date. Its like your waiting to see if they will make others before you buy what is out there. You will be diving into ebay to try and get some of these first few waves of figures once you see the line is for real.

The rest of us have bout just about 1 or 2 of each figure already, and have reserved the waves that are not out yet.
So money for the few of us is tight. That's 100- or 200 per wave. Lets not forget they also put out first wave of Dukes, and 12" figures and Kiss

so if you look what they did in about a years worth of work and what is still going to hit -that is a ton of figures!
some of us even jumped in on 2 packs when we already had the figures.

So in short I think the pace is just great - I get it for some of you that you feel like Christmas past you because you did not get what you wanted (yet)
But for the rest of us Christmas has hit a few times already.

Sit back and relax - I'm sure you will finally get figures you want in waves 4 and 5
or jump in now and grab a figure to hold you off. Once you have one in your hand - you will see that they are for real and get better with each passing wave.

Some times what you want to eat is not on the menu - that is not a reflection of the restaurant.
In short - your dish will be ready soon - just sit back and wait for it :)

enyawd72
Apr 12, '14, 9:37 AM
That makes a nice bumper sticker slogan, but without the figures, I just don't "feel it"...this slow-going on the WGSH branch of FTC's stuff accentuates that this is the worst time for me (personally) to be a Mego fan. How long is it going to take to reach a goal that Mattel blasted out of the gate with?

LOL!!! Sorry, but I can't take anything you say seriously after that statement. Yeah, Mattel "blasted out of the gate".
Then, all their superheroes tripped and fell over themselves because of hernias, polio, and rickets. Of course, you can always turn your Lex Luthor into Professor X. His legs are SUPPOSED to be useless.

HardyGirl
Apr 12, '14, 10:22 AM
I love the card art, but I either already have the figures, or don't want the ones they offering that I don't have. And I would have teamed up the Joker and Riddler. :yeah:

HardyGirl
Apr 12, '14, 10:30 AM
Having read some more of your posts, I think this whole FTC thing is fabulous! I never thought I'd see Megos reincarnated to this extent, and I can't wait for more! One figure I really want is Aqualad to go w/ my Aquaman. And if these had some "old school" style commercials, I'd be in Heaven! (even if they were only online for us adults, who remember watching these.)

SeattleEd
Apr 12, '14, 11:00 AM
I love the card art, but I either already have the figures, or don't want the ones they offering that I don't have. And I would have teamed up the Joker and Riddler. :yeah:

I believe they have that set as well.

http://www.classictvtoys.com/images/products/detail/CTVT_BAT_Retro2Pack_JokerPenguin.jpg

SeattleEd
Apr 12, '14, 11:13 AM
Hue,

I totally see your POV and understand.

IMPO, I think the pace is very spot on in this day age compared to 30 years ago. Take into account the time it takes from concept all the way through post-production. And I take into account the funding issue as well without trying to go into debt and running on extensive credit.

I, too, was weary of the delivery and still on fence albeit leaning to FTC's side and after showing my geek-core co-workers the news, seems FTC has picked up some new clients and these are early 20-something folk have FTC on their radar and are looking forward these figures even though they've never collected or played with Megos.

I'm optimistic they will deliver and certainly looking forward to getting me mitts on the '66 crew.

BTW, how's the band? :)

blastphemey
Apr 12, '14, 12:59 PM
Has it been discussed as to why there is 2 supermen on the back?

Vinny0026
Apr 12, '14, 1:04 PM
One is Superboy

Chris
Apr 12, '14, 1:05 PM
Next FTC will be stealing TheToyroom's KISS boxes.

HardyGirl
Apr 12, '14, 2:35 PM
That's the Joker and PENGUIN, not the Riddler. Riddles and Jokes just go together, so I think Joker and Riddler should too.

I believe they have that set as well.

http://www.classictvtoys.com/images/products/detail/CTVT_BAT_Retro2Pack_JokerPenguin.jpg

The Toyroom
Apr 12, '14, 2:56 PM
Joker would NEVER team up with The Riddler. He views the Riddler as an inferior copy. At least there's precident with the Joker and Penguin teaming up on Scooby Doo and Batman '66

kinostadt
Apr 12, '14, 3:10 PM
Joker would NEVER team up with The Riddler. He views the Riddler as an inferior copy. At least there's precident with the Joker and Penguin teaming up on Scooby Doo and Batman '66

Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman all worked together in the '66 movie.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 12, '14, 4:09 PM

They've worked together several times in part of larger groups in the comics, Detective 527 immediately comes to mind.

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '14, 4:12 PM
Well. lets be honest--in Batman66 The Movie, The Joker was an inferior copy of The Joker.

Buzz was running the show in that film.

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 6:42 PM
Except it won't be me! Unless they do something crazy like choosing all non-superheroes for a whole further wave.

Bottom line, SO far this line is a dud for me. I'm getting nothing out of it.... and the company has never proven themselves to me to boot.

Believe me, if they ACTUALLY come through with a notable amount of WGSH waves, then the best time to be a Mego fan will be in 2016. And the second best time will have been the 70s---as far as I'm concerned.
^^^as said previously ;)

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 6:50 PM
I'm more concerned about quality over quantity. If we get two waves (say, April-November) or even three (April-July-November) a year, that's fine by me.

I am with PNGwynne. He nailed it.

I don't think its slow at all. I think FTC is doing a great job. I would rather it be slow and look good than rushed and we get crappy figures.

Take your time FTC. Slow and steady wins the race.

LOL!!! Sorry, but I can't take anything you say seriously after that statement. Yeah, Mattel "blasted out of the gate".
Then, all their superheroes tripped and fell over themselves because of hernias, polio, and rickets. Of course, you can always turn your Lex Luthor into Professor X. His legs are SUPPOSED to be useless.

You can't take MY posts seriously enyawd72????

No need to get that aggressive.... but, I'll play along... in good fun, of course:

Me? I can't take the above posts seriously. All three of you are sold on the idea that FTC is doing this kind of release pattern (that includes timing and reuse of old molds, old clothes etc) for some kind of "quality control"?

I don't buy that for a second.

Quality control... hmmmm... FTC has a pattern of behavior that includes poor quality figure-making for YEARS that apparently they've FINALLY solved... great.

But they also have a pattern of behavior of re-use, re-packaging and otherwise moving slow: a lot of sizzle and not a lot of steak.

Hey---I'll stay positive guys... that's cool... but I'm not going to make things up as truths, when they just aren't truths.

Come on ;)

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 6:57 PM
On a lighter topic... I'm all with the idea that Joker and Penguin were always the front-runner Bat-villains back in the day. It makes much more sense they'd be packaged together, rather than Riddler and Joker. The "Scooby Doo" nod is a valid reasoning too... this IS supposed to be 70's nostalgic after all.

Riddles and jokes? Yeah, in theory they go together, as far as concepts, but as far as villain two-packing...especially vintage toy-packing... Joker/Penguin is where it's at.

First wave of Super Powers baddies, anyone? (Lex, Brainiac, Joker, Penguin) ;)

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 7:32 PM
Hue,

I totally see your POV and understand.

IMPO, I think the pace is very spot on in this day age compared to 30 years ago. Take into account the time it takes from concept all the way through post-production. And I take into account the funding issue as well without trying to go into debt and running on extensive credit.

I, too, was weary of the delivery and still on fence albeit leaning to FTC's side and after showing my geek-core co-workers the news, seems FTC has picked up some new clients and these are early 20-something folk have FTC on their radar and are looking forward these figures even though they've never collected or played with Megos.

Sounds promising!

I'm optimistic they will deliver and certainly looking forward to getting me mitts on the '66 crew.
Right now Mattel is filling THAT bill with me. HOWEVER, *if* FTC can release two other '66 characters than Egghead that are offbeat the dynamic duo, Babs and the big 4 villains...that's RELEASE not PROMOTE.... then I'm in for at LEAST all three of those. And, BTW, in the '66 line, I'd LOVE to have an Alfred be one of those other early releases. (I woulda loved to have had him as an early WGSH release if there would been 1 or 2 more new characters released alongside him... have I said that enough yet?).

Even WITH the Mattel '66 action figures being available... I still could see myself pulling the trigger on the ones that are out soon... ultimately ALL the '66ers are "new". It'll be hard not pulling the trigger.

BTW, how's the band? :)
Same core mebers, different permutation. Releasing a documentary on our "scene" that'll include a couple of the bands I'm in, plus about forty others. Looking forward to sharing it! Thanks for asking, and hope all is well with you :)

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '14, 7:33 PM
You don't need to take my post seriously--but please don't spin them, either.

I am "not sold that FTC is doing this kind of release pattern." I was suggesting a possible release pattern, and comparing said to vintage & modern 1/9 releases.

Contrastingly, you were advocating a much more frequent series of releases, to get the figures you want.

Regarding quality: FTC/CTVT's quality has been discussed here in great detail. I understand your reservations, I have them, too. It's worth noting, however, that they have generally surprised people here with these newer releases and they are undeniably of improved quality from earlier releases.

Regarding reusing tooling: This was characteristic of vintage Mego, as well as GI Joe & Big Jim. FTC did not suddenly invent it as a sign of their cheapness or opportunism. How many heroes did Mego release in standard hero boots who should have had jackboots or buccaneer boots instead?--and they had molds for those!

I understand that you feel very passionately about building your collection & you have certain personal expectations in doing so. But we're all kibitzing here--sometimes you come across (to me) as condescending.

The Toyroom
Apr 12, '14, 7:40 PM

They've worked together several times in part of larger groups in the comics, Detective 527 immediately comes to mind.

I'm talking one on one...not as part of a larger conglomerate of Bat-Foes...

VinMan
Apr 12, '14, 7:40 PM

No need to get that aggressive.... but, I'll play along... in good fun, of course:

Me? I can't take the above posts seriously. All three of you are sold on the idea that FTC is doing this kind of release pattern (that includes timing and reuse of old molds, old clothes etc) for some kind of "quality control"?

Quality control... hmmmm... FTC has a pattern of behavior that includes poor quality figure-making for YEARS that apparently they've FINALLY solved... great.

But they also have a pattern of behavior of re-use, re-packaging and otherwise moving slow: a lot of sizzle and not a lot of steak.

Hey---I'll stay positive guys... that's cool... but I'm not going to make things up as truths, when they just aren't truths.

Come on ;)

Love to be grouped with these guys. PNGwynne? enaywd?? 2 of my favorites.... I am in good company here!!!

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '14, 7:48 PM

I recall in Byrne's Batman 3-D, the Joker actually tried to kill Nigma for being derivative.

Written properly, I think the two are unique--but the Joker doesn't lol.

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 7:51 PM
Love to be grouped with these guys. PNGwynne? enaywd?? 2 of my favorites.... I am in good company here!!!

Well, that settles that, I guess. If I say 'I want to be included too." you can take that as sincerity... I'd prefer not be pitchfork vilified (as opposed to "healthy kibitzing")... and apologizes if I've made myself open to being treated like that. As I've tried to say repeatedly---it's "all in good fun here". (Especially when I have nothing to buy from FTC at the moment... at least I can debate about 'em!)

And, my horrid manners aside, it still doesn't negate that we disagree on FTC's concerns about "quality", which I think are a far second to them "maximizing their stock" (a SPLENDID "business" attitude, but not at the expense of overall integrity). T-bolt mentioned earlier about about such staggered releases being helpful to wallets... having all the current WGSHs being based on old Mego molds, or re-packaging of the same figures... or amalgams of those parts in order to milk this line notably theoretically (especially in the case of these 2-packs) isn't helping wallets, I'm thinking.

You don't need to take my post seriously--but please don't spin them, either.

I am "not sold that FTC is doing this kind of release pattern." I was suggesting a possible release pattern, and comparing said to vintage & modern 1/9 releases.

Contrastingly, you were advocating a much more frequent series of releases, to get the figures you want.

Regarding quality: FTC/CTVT's quality has been discussed here in great detail. I understand your reservations, I have them, too. It's worth noting, however, that they have generally surprised people here with these newer releases and they are undeniably of improved quality from earlier releases.

Regarding reusing tooling: This was characteristic of vintage Mego, as well as GI Joe & Big Jim. FTC did not suddenly invent it as a sign of their cheapness or opportunism. How many heroes did Mego release in standard hero boots who should have had jackboots or buccaneer boots instead?--and they had molds for those!

I understand that you feel very passionately about building your collection & you have certain personal expectations in doing so. But we're all kibitzing here--sometimes you come across (to me) as condescending.
I hear ya on all counts!

All respect to your theories... and our mutual interest in this line!

Buuuut... I'm editing to add that the way vintage lines utilized retooling/re-use is TOTALLY different than what I'm referring to here.

Do I really need to explain this? It's 2014 and FTC is doing exactly what Mego did back then, and THEN some as far as these things.

If ONLY FTC were only re-using their own bodies, and if only every new FTC WGSH release was an "Alfred" (i.e. new character).

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 7:54 PM
I recall in Byrne's Batman 3-D, the Joker actually tried to kill Nigma for being derivative.

Written properly, I think the two are unique--but the Joker doesn't lol.

Oh YES!

What I wouldn't do to see a "RIDDLER VS. JOKER" mini-series.... where this topic was explored at greater length than done before.

For a solid writer, it should be EASY to characterize the two in VERY unique ways.

enyawd72
Apr 12, '14, 7:54 PM

Come on ;)

Dude, I'm not trying to be a jerk here but come on...what kind of "release pattern" would please you? Because that's all this is about. YOU not getting the exact figures YOU want when YOU want them.

The releases so far have done nothing for you? Well, that's not FTC's fault. They've been plenty good enough for me and a lot of other people who didn't already have the Bat-Family as original Megos. Hell, Batman isn't my favorite either...DC isn't even my favorite. I'd rather see Marvel Megos altogether but you don't hear me complaining about it, because I'm thankful for what we ARE getting, and FTC has stated again and again the rest of the DCU is coming, so have a little patience man!

Better yet, spread some love...the Bat Megos don't make you happy? Why not just be happy for your fellow Mego friends who DO want them...share in their joy!

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '14, 7:58 PM
No worries. I think what it comes down to for you is not release rates, but character selection---because they've only done reissues so far.

I can understand your anxiety that the line will fold before you see characters you want. We all feel that way to a certain extant.

Luckily, you have that vast collection of cool Bronze-Age customs to console you :grin:. I'm jealous.

PNGwynne
Apr 12, '14, 8:03 PM
I'm buying the reissues for displayablity & playability, & customs!. Keeps my vintage ones nicer. But I'm looking forward to new characters,

huedell
Apr 12, '14, 8:09 PM
Dude, I'm not trying to be a jerk here but come on...what kind of "release pattern" would please you? Because that's all this is about. YOU not getting the exact figures YOU want when YOU want them.

The releases so far have done nothing for you? Well, that's not FTC's fault. They've been plenty good enough for me and a lot of other people who didn't already have the Bat-Family as original Megos. Hell, Batman isn't my favorite either...DC isn't even my favorite. I'd rather see Marvel Megos altogether but you don't hear me complaining about it, because I'm thankful for what we ARE getting, and FTC has stated again and again the rest of the DCU is coming, so have a little patience man!

Better yet, spread some love...the Bat Megos don't make you happy? Why not just be happy for your fellow Mego friends who DO want them...share in their joy!

I tried :)

THEN I saw the 2-packs, and I just couldn't keep my big mouth shut.

I was like... cool! I'll buy them in twos... that'll dull the sting of the whole scenario a bit... but I couldn't DO that, because it's more expensive to buy them in 2s than as singles.

I get the whole "limited release" reasoning, but that doesn't take away from what I edited in above in my reply post to PNGwynne:

...the way vintage lines utilized retooling/re-use is TOTALLY different than what I'm referring to here.

Do I really need to explain this? It's 2014 and FTC is doing exactly what Mego did back then, and THEN some as far as these things.

If ONLY FTC were only re-using their own bodies, and if only every new FTC WGSH release was an "Alfred" (i.e. new character).

It's typical of FTC's sizzle over steak mentality, and I'm a bit frustrated.

That said, you're right---I should be happy for you guys... and probably happy enough not to beat this dead Bat-horse here. So, again, apologies.

No worries. I think what it comes down to for you is not release rates, but character selection---because they've only done reissues so far.

I can understand your anxiety that the line will fold before you see characters you want. We all feel that way to a certain extant.

I'd suspect so! We're all cut from the same cloth in that regard, I'm assuming :)

It's just that we all manifest that in different ways ;)

Luckily, you have that vast collection of cool Bronze-Age customs to console you :grin:. I'm jealous.

I sold some key DCU customs a while back... but kept a lot too.

It's been hard to decide how to separate the wheat from the chaff, but I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

I still have ALL my Marvels, and about 60 percent (if not more) of my DCs.

I have my reasons for selling the ones I did... but (again) it's hard to verbalize... ultimately, a big part of it was that the DCUC stuff was just too satisfying not to have them become my "premier DC Bronze Age" display vessel.

Vinny0026
Apr 12, '14, 8:19 PM
I'm buying the reissues for displayablity & playability, & customs!. Keeps my vintage ones nicer. But I'm looking forward to new characters,

I'm pretty much doing it for the same reasons.
I bought 1 set of wave 1 to leave sealed in their plastic coffins - forever. Will be great to look back one day as the set that started it all - the re-launch.

I bought a few sets for customs and my custom 2 packs.
I also bought a set for my twin 4 years olds. My daughter loves playing with Robin and my son seems to be a big joker fan (well the figure anyway) neither one of them seems to watch any of the shows or cartoons with me. My kids play ruff - so I did just pop the heads and cloths on the TYpe S bodies - really only because the arms and legs do full 360's So less chance of breakage. An I use the CTV bodies on my customs, or 2 packs. So it all works well for me anyway.

as far as quality - they continue to learn and grow (CTV) the understood the problems with wave one and the arms being to tight - that has already been corrected.
The sculpting seems to be improving as well. I see this line going strong for 5-10 years. They have the rights to make anyone in the DC world.

That means Death Stroke, Dead Shot, Super friends, Commish Gordan, Maybe a Perry White - **** I would even be in for Marvin and Wendy if they make them.

m0redaniel
Apr 12, '14, 9:26 PM
So does that mean that they're going to make a figure of this guy Vinny?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128017/2464319-armfalloffboy.jpg

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 12, '14, 9:59 PM

I really don't think that factored into them putting Joker and Penguin into a 2-pack together. Maybe it did, but I doubt it.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 12, '14, 10:10 PM

Six waves of KISS figures, 8 inch and 12.

2 Dallas figures, 12 inch.

Dukes of Hazzard, 4 figs 8 and 12 inch

Evel Knievel, 2 figs 8 and 12 inch

Batman 2 waves, 4 figures each

SEVENTY figures that FTC has brought to market in what, the last 6 months?!?

If WGSH was the only figures they were working on and we'd seen 8 figures in a year, then I would worry as well.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 12, '14, 10:17 PM

I totally get not wanting to buy reissues, and understand many collectors have all of these figures so NONE of the reissues hold any interest.

But at the same time I do think it's a bit ironic that some say they won't buy any of the reissues, yet at the same time hope the company can afford to stick with the figures till they get to all the obscure 'new' characters which are the only ones they want. The ones that would only be made if the first waves of reissues sell well.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 12, '14, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty much doing it for the same reasons.
I bought 1 set of wave 1 to leave sealed in their plastic coffins - forever. Will be great to look back one day as the set that started it all - the re-launch.

I bought a few sets for customs and my custom 2 packs.
I also bought a set for my twin 4 years olds. My daughter loves playing with Robin and my son seems to be a big joker fan (well the figure anyway) neither one of them seems to watch any of the shows or cartoons with me. My kids play ruff - so I did just pop the heads and cloths on the TYpe S bodies - really only because the arms and legs do full 360's So less chance of breakage. An I use the CTV bodies on my customs, or 2 packs. So it all works well for me anyway.

as far as quality - they continue to learn and grow (CTV) the understood the problems with wave one and the arms being to tight - that has already been corrected.
The sculpting seems to be improving as well. I see this line going strong for 5-10 years. They have the rights to make anyone in the DC world.

That means Death Stroke, Dead Shot, Super friends, Commish Gordan, Maybe a Perry White - **** I would even be in for Marvin and Wendy if they make them.

So far the only complaint I've had is with the bodies, and all I've bought are the first two Batman waves. Several have said the tight bodies have or will be corrected in future waves, so we'll see. But the costumes have been amazing, Joker and Riddler were incredible.

This is what I've always wanted, replicas of the original Megos, plus adding a few characters that Mego should or wanted to make, like Green Lantern and Flash. The Mattel line just didn't do it for me, this one is.

Hopefully 3 years from now this board is full of people complaining about how they've done 4 Superman waves and still haven't done Ma and Pa Kent yet!

jwyblejr
Apr 12, '14, 11:16 PM
Nah,my complaint will be how they've done all of these figures and haven't done guys like Ambush Bug and G'Nort.

Vinny0026
Apr 12, '14, 11:27 PM
So far the only complaint I've had is with the bodies, and all I've bought are the first two Batman waves. Several have said the tight bodies have or will be corrected in future waves, so we'll see. But the costumes have been amazing, Joker and Riddler were incredible.

This is what I've always wanted, replicas of the original Megos, plus adding a few characters that Mego should or wanted to make, like Green Lantern and Flash. The Mattel line just didn't do it for me, this one is.

Hopefully 3 years from now this board is full of people complaining about how they've done 4 Superman waves and still haven't done Ma and Pa Kent yet!

I'm only guessing here - But I'm pretty sure I bought the most figures here to date from CTV
Mostly cause of all the customs I make. Out of 20 batmen I bought only 2 had the broken arms.
I never had an issue with robin and bought the same amount. My guess - is he had short sleeves so less tension to get his clothes on.

I grabbed about 10 each of riddler and joker. Had 1 and 1 with broken right arms.

For the people keeping them on card there were no issues. for people just displaying them loose on stands I do not think had an issue.
For people posing them or kids playing with them - I can see an issue with the first wave that hit. The arm hook was like a cheese grader cutting right through the arm socket. But again this problem has already been fixed.

I agree that the suits are just about perfect. I like the fact that batmans head, cape boots and gloves are all pretty much the same color blue (cape is off just a pinch)
butover all the suit displays awesome, way better than the original that the cape, gloves, head and boots were all different color blue.

from a business point of view it made sense to go with batman wave 1.
but again not everyone will be happy with the order. People just looking to get remakes of the originals they had as kids wish they made all the originals first.

People who have all the originals just want new stuff first.
again not everyone will be happy with the order they come out in -

for me I could care less about who's in each new wave - Just as long as we keep getting new waves.

haha Pa Kent! well if you think about it - they made him already :)
if you want a smallville J. Kent - just grab a Duke boy and change his clothes. I mean it is the same actor. So there is your papa kent ;)

Vinny0026
Apr 12, '14, 11:31 PM
Nah,my complaint will be how they've done all of these figures and haven't done guys like Ambush Bug and G'Nort.

or no wonder dog LOL!

huedell
Apr 13, '14, 1:26 AM
Six waves of KISS figures, 8 inch and 12.

2 Dallas figures, 12 inch.

Dukes of Hazzard, 4 figs 8 and 12 inch

Evel Knievel, 2 figs 8 and 12 inch

Batman 2 waves, 4 figures each

SEVENTY figures that FTC has brought to market in what, the last 6 months?!?

If WGSH was the only figures they were working on and we'd seen 8 figures in a year, then I would worry as well.

What you just listed comes off as typical FTC mentality/strategy. "Let's throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks." "Let's corner the market on basic franchise characters."
I'd think they'd have better success if they focused on fewer lines... and I'd rather they'd tighter marketing ideas FOR those fewer lines. Quality control? That's a given.
Again, it's recognized that I'm talking about preference towards WGSH... but WGSH has always been THE flagship franchise of vintage Mego-style figures.
So that "watering down of DC license in the tried/true WGSH focus" plus their overall track record makes me think I'm justifiably worried.
Could I be wrong to worry? Yeah. But I don't have a time machine/crystal ball and while that list above that you made of franchises makes you feel comfortable, it makes *me* feel that things seem fishy as usual at FTC.

huedell
Apr 13, '14, 1:34 AM
I totally get not wanting to buy reissues, and understand many collectors have all of these figures so NONE of the reissues hold any interest.

But at the same time I do think it's a bit ironic that some say they won't buy any of the reissues, yet at the same time hope the company can afford to stick with the figures till they get to all the obscure 'new' characters which are the only ones they want. The ones that would only be made if the first waves of reissues sell well.

It's because we don't throw away money on things that we're not really sure that we want. And, some of us (not me) flat out don't want them.

All we're saying is that they'd get that investment you're finding ironically held back if they stepped up the new characters from ONE BUTLER in three waves....four waves if you count the Titans.

Personally? I can see myself buying their WGSH Bat-reissues, but ONLY after I see some more new characters.

Buying the reissues without new characters doesn't seem fun enough for me right now. I have my vintage ones... and I also have other versions of the same characters in my home collection. Like the vintage CAHs and the modern DCUCs which had a LOT of Bronze Age characters/costumes included in the line.

I also have the VERY Mego-like (but not quite) NEW charcters from Mattel Retro Action: Manta, Cold, Cheetah, Martian Manhunter, Luthor etc. etc. etc.

thunderbolt
Apr 13, '14, 3:26 AM
Well, that settles that, I guess. If I say 'I want to be included too." you can take that as sincerity... I'd prefer not be pitchfork vilified (as opposed to "healthy kibitzing")... and apologizes if I've made myself open to being treated like that. As I've tried to say repeatedly---it's "all in good fun here". (Especially when I have nothing to buy from FTC at the moment... at least I can debate about 'em!)

And, my horrid manners aside, it still doesn't negate that we disagree on FTC's concerns about "quality", which I think are a far second to them "maximizing their stock" (a SPLENDID "business" attitude, but not at the expense of overall integrity). T-bolt mentioned earlier about about such staggered releases being helpful to wallets... having all the current WGSHs being based on old Mego molds, or re-packaging of the same figures... or amalgams of those parts in order to milk this line notably theoretically (especially in the case of these 2-packs) isn't helping wallets, I'm thinking.

I hear ya on all counts!

All respect to your theories... and our mutual interest in this line!

Buuuut... I'm editing to add that the way vintage lines utilized retooling/re-use is TOTALLY different than what I'm referring to here.

you do get that even with the repro figures FTC is starting from scratch with molds, patterns etc? The only done easy is the prototyping, just buy a vintage Batman and blammo instant prototype. Again, I seriously don't think that two waves of 4 figures each in less than a year is slow, just not good enough for Hue. As far as the Repros not appealing to you, wahhh. EMCE did straight repros of Star Trek for the first few waves of its line and they did just fine, even leading to a Gorn, Sulu, Chekov, Pike, Salt Vampire and Khaaaan!! You even mention Mattel failing at this, didn't know 21 figures in a limited appeal line is a failure. The only thing I agree with you on is the "buy these or you won't get those" mentality.

PNGwynne
Apr 13, '14, 8:18 AM
EMCE did straight repros of Star Trek for the first few waves of its line and they did just fine, even leading to a Gorn, Sulu, Chekov, Pike, Salt Vampire and Khaaaan!! You even mention Mattel failing at this, didn't know 21 figures in a limited appeal line is a failure. The only thing I agree with you on is the "buy these or you won't get those" mentality.

Yes, maybe I'm na´ve but I truly feel this community supported Emce TREK and Mattel RetroAction, which is particularly notable considering (IMO) Mattel's design & distribution shortcomings.

Vinny0026
Apr 13, '14, 8:41 AM
What you just listed comes off as typical FTC mentality/strategy. "Let's throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks." "Let's corner the market on basic franchise characters.".
Look I do not want to seem like I'm picking on you and do not want to come off that way. But a few questions here:

If you were starting a new line of figures today - do you think you would start with what you think would sell? or what you know would sell?
These first waves were super important - to get people on board. Had these first few waves tanked out of the gate there would go the whole line.

Do you think never produced figures would have sold more? Like Alfred, deadshot, lois, and say I don't know bizarro? Than what they made now?
I mean look at Mattel - they tried it your way - and by wave 3 they were done. No one wanted Darkseid, Blackadam, No one wanted all the lanterns or Captain cold or cheetah - all were peg warmers and all caused the line to tank. So history shows you can't go with non main stream figures. Why would they repeat Mattels Mistakes?

I'd think they'd have better success if they focused on fewer lines... and I'd rather they'd tighter marketing ideas FOR those fewer lines. .

But you realize these other lines are funding your WGSH right?
Kiss is a huge money maker for them. I bet at least 50% of the people buying kiss do not buy any of the WGSH. If it was not for that line - odds are they would not have gone after this line.

plus their overall track record makes me think I'm justifiably worried..

You keep talking about their history
They have evolved so much since the problems they had using factories in India.

They have improved every step of the way - every item the release the quality has gotten better. They have not tried to ignore that happened. They took responsibility and moved past it. They have grown in every way.

They lost a major income when they lost rights to make some WWE stuff. That would have killed most companies.

They re-invented their website and infused us with tons of new gloves, Female heads, Male heads belts weapons and parts. Stuff you may not use but a ton of us do.

Again I do not work for them, I do not want to come across as I'm defending them. But you have to be more open minded.
These guys have grown and continue to do so - give them credit when its due.

Stop bashing them or complaining just because you do not see the stuff you want (Yet)

I will leave you with one last question:
If you had your choice right now of wave 6/7 (because wave 4 and 5 are already set and maybe even wave 6)

Who would you want in there to make you personally happy?

nobody
Apr 13, '14, 8:50 AM
I've only got the Riddler because I needed him. The originals are the starting point to expand on or why buy new figures if you don't have the Core. I think the 2 packs are neat. My only issue is why 5 batman 2 packs. I will open mine so no need for great packaging, they look glued on. I would have prefered say Batman/Bruce.....Robin/Riddler....Joker/pengy.....Catwoman/Batgirl......etc. If I did collect them carded I wouldn't want 5 carded Batmans in my collection. My 2 cents. Post your best 2 pack suggestions. Vinny is the expert...whatcha think Vincenzo?

enyawd72
Apr 13, '14, 8:51 AM
^Vinny, do you really think characters like Captain Cold, Black Adam, Cheetah, Darkseid, and the Lanterns sold poorly because no one wanted those characters, or do you think Mattel's earlier distribution and QC problems had caused people to lose interest by the time those you mentioned came out? Personally, that's the reason I didn't buy them. I loved Captain Cold...I think he was the best figure in the line, but I stopped collecting them by the time he came out.

I hope it's the latter because it would be a shame not to have those characters included in the new line.

Vinny0026
Apr 13, '14, 9:26 AM
^Vinny, do you really think characters like Captain Cold, Black Adam, Cheetah, Darkseid, and the Lanterns sold poorly because no one wanted those characters, or do you think Mattel's earlier distribution and QC problems had caused people to lose interest by the time those you mentioned came out? Personally, that's the reason I didn't buy them. I loved Captain Cold...I think he was the best figure in the line, but I stopped collecting them by the time he came out.

I hope it's the latter because it would be a shame not to have those characters included in the new line.

IMO both reasons. The average age customer at toys r us -4/5 years old. That is the main target for kids anyway. By 6/7 these kids are getting video games and phones. At least that was the idea when I was a manager there.

So those kids had no clue who Captain cold was.
I grabbed him and cheetah - I like the female retro bodies a lot. I use them for my customs.

But don't you think they should have done say Robin first? Over all I had no real issues with the retros. I just switched the bodies for mego bodies. I really liked the suits on them. But over all I think no one know who the characters were. and the website doing all lantern exclusives did not help as well. and to think the lanterns they picked guy gardner over kilowag? not sure that was a good choice.

but for toys r us - it was the choice of figures for sure (IMO)
The same went for Darkseid, and Black adam - unless its one of our kids - most did not know who they were.

even at 5 below and the discount stores no one bought these figures for anything other than us stealing the parts for customs.

I can't express it enough that we are like less than 10% of a toy market.
we are all on or will be the wrong side of 40. Yes we love these items - but for kids today they could care less.

To bring up one last point
Think back to the Cartoon network shows: Young justice, Green lantern animated and also batman brave and the bold.

I liked all 3 shows. - They cancelled those shows because the toy lines tanked (or part of the reason was cause the toy lines tanked)
and those were shows that some kids were watching. SO if those figures were peg warmers for a show on tv that the kids could watch. What did you think would happen to figures they had no clue who they were or no where to see them.

A lot of companies tried to reinvent mego - they all failed
the smartest thing CTV did was they left it alone. why reinvent the wheel?

In short IMO that is the main reason Mattel failed. The idea is to get other people to buy these figures other than 40 year olds trying to relive our childhoods.

enyawd72
Apr 13, '14, 9:37 AM
^I think maybe part of the problem too is what companies and consumers alike consider a success or failure these days.

Action figure lines in the past were a LOT smaller. Mattel's Flash Gordon had only 8 figures. Remco's Mini Monsters had 6. Super Powers 34. Ever since Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe, it seems if a line doesn't produce dozens of figures and last for years it's considered a failure. DCUC made over 300 figures and I know some collectors that STILL weren't happy.

Vinny0026
Apr 13, '14, 9:43 AM
I've only got the Riddler because I needed him. The originals are the starting point to expand on or why buy new figures if you don't have the Core. I think the 2 packs are neat. My only issue is why 5 batman 2 packs. I will open mine so no need for great packaging, they look glued on. I would have prefered say Batman/Bruce.....Robin/Riddler....Joker/pengy.....Catwoman/Batgirl......etc. If I did collect them carded I wouldn't want 5 carded Batmans in my collection. My 2 cents. Post your best 2 pack suggestions. Vinny is the expert...whatcha think Vincenzo?

Lee -They did make the batman/wayne and joker /penguin 2 pack. Batgirl is not out yet so that's why no batgirl/catwoman
Now the reason you see 5 batman 2 packs is because they only released batman figures thus far.

No doubt you will see these again down the line. I won't ruin the surprise for them on what combos they have art for already and plans for.
but the few I've seen you will be impressed. You should see the art they did not use for this batch. I hope they go back and use it down the road because it was really awesome.

I mean when it comes to 2 packs the ideas are endless
bruce/dick 2 pack?

robin/riddler is always a fav of mine.
batman/batgirl once she is released. robin batgirl

how about a batman/robin/batgirl 3 pack?
I can sit here for hours on the 2 packs. They are my fav customs to make right now.

I hope to share my latest Spidy by next week. also working on a Captain America/falcon 2.0 which I think most will enjoy.

nobody
Apr 13, '14, 9:48 AM
I actually mean Batman is in 5 of the 6 two packs.

Vinny0026
Apr 13, '14, 9:53 AM
^I think maybe part of the problem too is what companies and consumers alike consider a success or failure these days.

Action figure lines in the past were a LOT smaller. Mattel's Flash Gordon had only 8 figures. Remco's Mini Monsters had 6. Super Powers 34. Ever since Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe, it seems if a line doesn't produce dozens of figures and last for years it's considered a failure. DCUC made over 300 figures and I know some collectors that STILL weren't happy.

yes - cause you can never make everyone happy
I think some lines would do right in the right settings.

Take the justice league unlimited line. I personally loved it. Until they started making less numbers and only target exclusives.
You would never find a figure on the peg. They should of offered them on the website like they did with motu. But they did not.

I can't tell you how happy I was when they killed the line. Only cause I got tired paying high e bay prices trying to find figures that never hit the pegs.

also keep in mind it is all about $$$
Mattel did not see a good return so they shut the line. If CTV does not see a good return they will do the same. People are not in business to keep us happy :)

They are here to make money. If these figures sit around and do not move that is lost money. The goal is to sell out of everything you make.
the longer something sits the more it costs you.

I really do think this re-issue will be here for a while - I see a 5-10 year window (IMO) I hope it is longer but that's what I see
once everyone starts hitting 50/55 funds will be harder to spend on toys when your kids need cards, gas money and college.

But I don't see CTV giving up on these any time soon or any of us. So if it gets cut before that time period I will be pretty shocked.

Vinny0026
Apr 13, '14, 9:56 AM
I actually mean Batman is in 5 of the 6 two packs.

ohhh -
IMO - right now its just lack of released figures. once more figures are released no doubt you will see more 2 packs.
what else could they really do now? robin/catwoman? not sure how that would sell

other than robin/riddler or a dick /robin I'm not sure what they missed on with the first 8 figures that are released thus far

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 13, '14, 9:57 AM
I can quibble a bit with the character selection in the 2nd WGSH wave, but the first one was perfect. Batman and Robin will be two of the best sellers across the board, and Joker and Riddler will be two of the best selling villains.

The 2nd wave character selection was a bit curious to me. I understand the mentality behind releasing Bruce and Dick as figures for the first time, but that really didn't seem to 'wow' a lot of the collectors here, and I wasn't amazed by it either. Penguin and Catwoman were figures I'd want to get, but probably not in a 2nd wave.

Still, all this is a moot point, the 3rd Batman wave will be strong, and the 4th should do amazingly well unless they just totally screw up the Ras and Scarecrow sculpts.

But as I've said all along, this line won't truly bring everyone on board that it can, until it gets into the Superman and Superfriends characters. If the waves can more or less hold a pattern of giving us 3 replicas and 1 new figure each, I think (most) everyone will be happy.

Vinny0026
Apr 13, '14, 10:15 AM
I can quibble a bit with the character selection in the 2nd WGSH wave, but the first one was perfect. Batman and Robin will be two of the best sellers across the board, and Joker and Riddler will be two of the best selling villains.

The 2nd wave character selection was a bit curious to me. I understand the mentality behind releasing Bruce and Dick as figures for the first time, but that really didn't seem to 'wow' a lot of the collectors here, and I wasn't amazed by it either. Penguin and Catwoman were figures I'd want to get, but probably not in a 2nd wave.

Still, all this is a moot point, the 3rd Batman wave will be strong, and the 4th should do amazingly well unless they just totally screw up the Ras and Scarecrow sculpts.

But as I've said all along, this line won't truly bring everyone on board that it can, until it gets into the Superman and Superfriends characters. If the waves can more or less hold a pattern of giving us 3 replicas and 1 new figure each, I think (most) everyone will be happy.

Well again I wont speak for them - but if superman is what your after you will be happy soon.

I'm pretty sure I said enough already and its not my place. But everything your looking for is already on the drawing boards for them.
it just a matter of production. they have a ton of stuff in various stages. But pretty much everything your looking for they have already dropped hints they are working on it. Just give it time to come to life.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 13, '14, 10:53 AM
Well again I wont speak for them - but if superman is what your after you will be happy soon.

I'm pretty sure I said enough already and its not my place. But everything your looking for is already on the drawing boards for them.
it just a matter of production. they have a ton of stuff in various stages. But pretty much everything your looking for they have already dropped hints they are working on it. Just give it time to come to life.

You're right, I've heard reports that all the figures I want personally are on the way. My only quibble (and it's a small one) is the character selection in the 2nd wave. But even 3 months from now none of that will matter.

Up until about 10 years ago I had a pretty big collection of loose Megos. A couple dozen, all complete and original, cherry-picked and in great shape, including several of the harder figures to get complete, such as Green Arrow and Thor. Then, unfortunately, I had to get rid of them, and in the 10 years since and with the prices going up every year, I had just resigned myself to the fact that I'd never get all those figures back that I once had.

FTC is now giving me that chance. Which is why I want to see this line succeed, and I think it will. Appreciate your updates and insights BTW.

dr_cyclops
Apr 13, '14, 12:28 PM
Vinny0026 should get royalties. Same for The ToyroomAnd Lonnie Fisher!:grin:
After all, we are talking about copyrighting ideas here, right?:wink:

huedell
Apr 13, '14, 12:41 PM
you do get that even with the repro figures FTC is starting from scratch with molds, patterns etc? The only done easy is the prototyping, just buy a vintage Batman and blammo instant prototype.
Which is a big step. They already have their body (T2, fat body, female body).

Again, I seriously don't think that two waves of 4 figures each in less than a year is slow, just not good enough for Hue. As far as the Repros not appealing to you, wahhh. EMCE did straight repros of Star Trek for the first few waves of its line and they did just fine, even leading to a Gorn, Sulu, Chekov, Pike, Salt Vampire and Khaaaan!!
How long did it take to get to unique Trek figures? Whatever the case, good for EMCE.
The part I'd like to point out is that the company you're holding up as an example wasn't FTC... I followed the trajectory of the EMCE Trek 8-inchers and, without going back and researching/recalling the exact release stats (time intervals and new character approach) my feelings (the impression I got) was that EMCE always seemed to say what they'd do and do what they said. CTV? Not so much.
The FTC repros appeal to me just fine. But not fine enough to buy til they exceed the butler in new characters.

You even mention Mattel failing at this, didn't know 21 figures in a limited appeal line is a failure.
I've stated in past threads that I thought Mattel should have found a way to continue on, and because they didn't, I thought they failed. Doc Mego explained to me (explained to us) that my POV on Mattel's failure wasn't very understanding of what actually happened (a change in management at Mattel, apparently, is what ultimately killed the RA line there).
In this thread I complimented Mattel... for doing what think FTC should have done: integrated new non-Mego characters early on (more than one butler, of course). And, of course, in a way, they were ALL "non-Megos" because of their newer take on the bodies, sculpts...but, those things were fine enough...if only for WGSH customs...but let's stay on track here.

The only thing I agree with you on is the "buy these or you won't get those" mentality.
And I don't think that that POV is that unfair. I'm a "group" collector most of the time. At the risk of redundancy: Mattel's RA integrated the newer characters early on. Every wave was exciting for both guys like us AND the people looking to stock up on characters Mego already made.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 13, '14, 1:00 PM
BTW according to this page, Mattel released 8 figures (9 if you could GA) in the first year - http://www.megomuseum.com/remego/emcewgsh.shtml

And another 8 in the second year. FTC looks to match or beat that schedule.

In the first year they gave us 8 figures, and 2 of which (Bruce and Dick) are technically 'new' figures.

In the second year, now till next April, we will likely get at least 3 more waves, possibly as many as 5. Where Mattel gave us only 8 figures in the second year.

Sorry but it looks like FTC's line and release schedule is going to leave Mattel's in the dust.

huedell
Apr 13, '14, 1:28 PM
Look I do not want to seem like I'm picking on you and do not want to come off that way. But a few questions here:

If you were starting a new line of figures today - do you think you would start with what you think would sell? or what you know would sell?
These first waves were super important - to get people on board. Had these first few waves tanked out of the gate there would go the whole line.
^^^^I too want to come off like I'm not being aggressive, and with that in mind, please take with a grain of salt that I think this mindset above is a very obvious mindset.

Do you think never produced figures would have sold more? Like Alfred, deadshot, lois, and say I don't know bizarro? Than what they made now?
I mean look at Mattel - they tried it your way - and by wave 3 they were done. No one wanted Darkseid, Blackadam, No one wanted all the lanterns or Captain cold or cheetah - all were peg warmers and all caused the line to tank. So history shows you can't go with non main stream figures. Why would they repeat Mattels Mistakes?
According to what Doc has posted here, you're barking up the wrong tree w/your POV on Mattel's mistake.

But you realize these other lines are funding your WGSH right?
Kiss is a huge money maker for them. I bet at least 50% of the people buying kiss do not buy any of the WGSH. If it was not for that line - odds are they would not have gone after this line.
KISS is just one line. They have a bunch of other stop/start lines and (as you well know) they've started even more lines that will likely be stunted in character growth.
The only reason I've brought up KISS in a negative light in this thread is that that line incorporates quite a bit of re-use and not a lot of thought goes into that line overasll---and that's great... in fact, it's the GREATEST thing FTC has done as far as I can tell. The problem here doesn't lie in the KISS "success" it revolves around the idea that that endless Demon, Starchild etc. variations in their enduring line is notably different than a line that should include a more varied design range of Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Starfire and Sivana (etc etc etc).

You keep talking about their history
They have evolved so much since the problems they had using factories in India.
They have improved every step of the way - every item the release the quality has gotten better. They have not tried to ignore that happened. They took responsibility and moved past it. They have grown in every way.
They lost a major income when they lost rights to make some WWE stuff. That would have killed most companies.
They re-invented their website and infused us with tons of new gloves, Female heads, Male heads belts weapons and parts. Stuff you may not use but a ton of us do.

Sounds good to me. Took a while to get there though. So please excuse my skepticism.

Again I do not work for them, I do not want to come across as I'm defending them. But you have to be more open minded.
These guys have grown and continue to do so - give them credit when its due.

Stop bashing them or complaining just because you do not see the stuff you want (Yet)
I'm "bashing them" because of what I see to be as poor release choices... that m,ight be unfair, but it's not because "I do not see the stuff I want"--- not exactly, anyway.

I will leave you with one last question:
If you had your choice right now of wave 6/7 (because wave 4 and 5 are already set and maybe even wave 6)

Who would you want in there to make you personally happy?
I don't know who is in wave 4 or wave 5... but I DO know that Supes and GA are to come sooner than later.

I'm under the impression that FTC was stuck with using only Batman characters out of the gate.

Here's what I would have done for the first twelve waves, taking the Batman thing into consideration for the first three waves:

WAVE 01: Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin
WAVE 02: Riddler, "Pirate" Catwoman, Commissioner James Gordon, Scarecrow
WAVE 03: RC Batman, RM Robin, Mr. Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul
WAVE 04: Superman, Bizarro, Batgirl, Two Face
WAVE 05: Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor, Brainiac,
WAVE 06: AE Bruce Wayne, AE Dick Grayson, "Purple Dress" Catwoman, Alfred Pennyworth
WAVE 07: Wonder Woman, Flash, Cheetah, Captain Cold
WAVE 08: Green Arrow, SHAZAM!, Plastic Man, The Atom
WAVE 09: Aquaman, Black Manta, AE Clark Kent, AE Barbara Gordon (edited)
WAVE 10: Green Lantern, Sinestro, Lois Lane, Mr. Myxlpltlk
WAVE 11: Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Mera (edited)
WAVE 12: Black Lightning, Metamorpho, Dr. Sivana, Mirror Master (edited)
WAVE 13: Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Zatanna (added)
WAVE 14: Trickster, Pied Piper, Reverse Flash, Captain Boomerang (added)

And, if THAT was the promised wave character proposal---all I'd have had to have heard was the first few waves, and my excitement for the line would've been so great that I could've stood a "three wave per year" mindset... even in spite of my skepticism about FTC.

Now, you could make the argument that my proposal would have lost them money... but I don't see how.

BTW according to this page, Mattel released 8 figures (9 if you could GA) in the first year - http://www.megomuseum.com/remego/emcewgsh.shtml
And another 8 in the second year. FTC looks to match or beat that schedule.
In the first year they gave us 8 figures, and 2 of which (Bruce and Dick) are technically 'new' figures.
In the second year, now till next April, we will likely get at least 3 more waves, possibly as many as 5. Where Mattel gave us only 8 figures in the second year.
See above for why these stats don't win me over.(*"...all I'd have had to have heard was the first few waves..." [of my own proposed line-up])

Sorry but it looks like FTC's line and release schedule is going to leave Mattel's in the dust.
Sorry, but I'll believe it when I see it.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 13, '14, 2:29 PM

Exactly! FTC has to release figures that will SELL to the broader market, not the 5 obscure figures that some MM members want cause no other line has made them yet.

People want Batman characters and Superman characters. That's 90% of the market right there. That's why the majority of the 'new' figures you see over the next year or two will likely be Batman or Superman characters. Because they are the more easily recognizable and the more bankable. Even a character like Hawkman that almost everyone here wants need to be in a wave with other more 'mainstream' characters in order to sell.

The diehards are the ones that want the Legionaires and the obscure villains that the casual collector has never heard of. That's not what you start a line with, that's what you END it with.

huedell
Apr 13, '14, 3:13 PM
Exactly! FTC has to release figures that will SELL to the broader market, not the 5 obscure figures that some MM members want cause no other line has made them yet.

People want Batman characters and Superman characters. That's 90% of the market right there. That's why the majority of the 'new' figures you see over the next year or two will likely be Batman or Superman characters. Because they are the more easily recognizable and the more bankable. Even a character like Hawkman that almost everyone here wants need to be in a wave with other more 'mainstream' characters in order to sell.

The diehards are the ones that want the Legionaires and the obscure villains that the casual collector has never heard of. That's not what you start a line with, that's what you END it with.
Well... that makes sense.

THIS is how I would've started the line (as shown above):

WAVE ONE: Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin
WAVE TWO: Riddler, "Pirate" Catwoman, Commissioner James Gordon, Scarecrow
WAVE THREE: RC Batman, RM Robin, Mr. Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul
WAVE FOUR: Superman, Bizarro, Batgirl, Two Face
WAVE FIVE: Supergirl, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor, Brainiac,
WAVE SIX: AE Bruce Wayne, AE Dick Grayson, "Purple Dress" Catwoman, Alfred Pennyworth

I think the only difference between what *you're* saying and what *I* proposed from the start (way before this particular thread), is that my choices have more "pop" than FTC's choices (and still address your provisions), and are not "different" than your provisions either.

Batman characters? Check.
Superman characters. Check.
Easily recognizable. Check.

"Everyone here" does NOT imagine that a character like Hawkman can be in a wave without other, more 'mainstream' characters early on. Not me anyway. I'm not unwise enough to pin a dream on such an unwise financial choice. But, more pertinently, I really wonder if *anyone* here really IS that unsophisticated? Personally, I went so far as to make a wave release list to diagram how I see a character like Hawkman let into the line. I can't see how much clearer I could be. But, I don't think that aspect is that important, really, because, as said already, I don't think anyone wants a Hawkman-type centered wave of releases. Four JLAers 11 waves in? (WAVE ELEVEN: Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary) Sure. But by that time, I could see the line ending... I'd be fine with that, cause the character selection would have been better distributed in my personal opinion. 4 years and 46 characters is good enough for me... I wouldn't even mind only three waves a year with my way of release, but I said that already. Truth is though, I'd even have handled a slower release with a first four wave plan like: w1. Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin w.2 Riddler, "Pirate" Catwoman, Commissioner James Gordon, Scarecrow w.3 RC Batman, RM Robin, Mr. Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul w.3 Superman, Bizarro, Batgirl, Two Face

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 13, '14, 3:38 PM
Well... that makes sense.

THIS is how I would've started the line (as shown above):

I think the only difference between what *you're* saying and what *I* proposed from the start (way before this particular thread), is that my choices have more "pop" than FTC's choices (and still address your provisions), and are not "different" than your provisions either.

Batman characters? Check.
Superman characters. Check.
Easily recognizable. Check.

Yep, in the first 3 waves you are getting 8 of the 12 figures you wanted, and 3 of the 4 remaining are coming in the 4th wave. The only characters so far that I really haven't been that interested in were Bruce and Dick, but I bought them anyway. I think they should have waited and put Bruce and Dick in wave 5 or 6 with Clark and an AE Barbara Gordon.

huedell
Apr 13, '14, 4:28 PM
... I think they should have waited and put Bruce and Dick in wave 5 or 6 with Clark and an AE Barbara Gordon.
I forgot about Babs and Clark AEs in my wave listing above... I'd have put them in with Aquaman and Manta in my "Wave 9" above... if not earlier. Those are pretty strong figures... both are recognizable... Clark is VERY recognizable---and Babs would be "new".

EDITED TO ADD: I actually re-edited my "Hypothetical Wave Release" list above to reflect Clark and Babs' inclusion. I even added two more waves.

I'm kind of obsessed over my imaginary list :)

samurainoir
Apr 13, '14, 10:06 PM
also keep in mind it is all about $$$
Mattel did not see a good return so they shut the line. If CTV does not see a good return they will do the same. People are not in business to keep us happy :)

They are here to make money. If these figures sit around and do not move that is lost money. The goal is to sell out of everything you make.
the longer something sits the more it costs you.

Keep in mind that Mattel and CTVT/FTC have completely different business models, and are very different animals... it might not be a fair comparison with a company based primarily around the global mass market retail and evergreen brands like Hot Wheels and Barbie... primarily aimed at kids (although they do play to collectors as well with Matty).

CTVT is a smaller niche company geared almost entirely towards the nostalgic adult collector. Their volumes wouldn't come close to Mattel's requirements would it? History in the past dozen years shows that as a direct-to-consumer retailer via the internet, CTVT play out the "long-tail" model. They have a warehouse in Florida that they own right? Seems like they have generally been happy to sit on ReMego product as it sells gradually over the years, even parted out as custom bibs and bobs.

I don't think we'd ever see the mass liquidation of product that we saw with the Matty stuff once they pulled the plug. When the license is over for FTC, wouldn't you figure the remaining stockpile of inventory would be "transferred" over the CTVT website and continue to be warehoused and sold over time as with their previous licenses?

Wasn't their previous bread and butter was Wrestling (belt replicas?), but having lost the WWE license, they went all in on the DCU? Given the amount of product they need to produce and move to justify the upfront costs of the license, I can't see them pulling the plug anytime soon. There must be a sweet spot balance between milking this license for all it's worth and having a wide range of inventory to sell over the long haul.

gummi
Apr 14, '14, 6:53 PM
I received my Batman and Robin Two-Pack today, and it looks fantastic. Like others have said, the card art is the best part of these. It really pops in person, not to mention that the size of these is impressive. I'm actually glad that I only got the one; they will definitely take up some space in your display rooms.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 14, '14, 7:12 PM
I received my Batman and Robin Two-Pack today, and it looks fantastic. Like others have said, the card art is the best part of these. It really pops in person, not to mention that the size of these is impressive. I'm actually glad that I only got the one; they will definitely take up some space in your display rooms.

Got mine as well. After buying I had a bit of buyer's remorse since I already had both figures but man am I glad I got these. If you're on the fence you should definitely get them.

gummi
Apr 14, '14, 9:24 PM
Got mine as well. After buying I had a bit of buyer's remorse since I already had both figures but man am I glad I got these. If you're on the fence you should definitely get them.

Yeah, I was debating about it myself, but I'm very glad that I decided to pull the trigger. This is actually the first repro WGSH item that I've purchased from FTC. I like the fact that the sets are numbered for the collectibility aspect as well.

jeffbearco
Apr 14, '14, 10:24 PM
I got my 2 pack, Bruce Wayne/Batman today. I wasn't that sure about ordering it, but since I have been asking for "secret identity" figures I felt like I had to. I'll say that I'm very impressed with how well the figures are put together. I hope they do sell well and justify continuing the 2 packs. I'd love to build a collection of just secret identity figures.

JeffBearCO

pmwasson
Apr 14, '14, 10:37 PM
Are the two-packs resealable or glued on?

gummi
Apr 14, '14, 11:31 PM
Are the two-packs resealable or glued on?

Resealable, but you have to remove the FTC branded zip tie. I opened mine up just to reposition the figures. I used a small eyeglass screwdriver to slip in between the locking mechanism and the teeth on the tie, so I could remove it with no damage and reuse it when I was done.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 15, '14, 7:51 AM
Resealable, but you have to remove the FTC branded zip tie. I opened mine up just to reposition the figures. I used a small eyeglass screwdriver to slip in between the locking mechanism and the teeth on the tie, so I could remove it with no damage and reuse it when I was done.

I didn't open mine, so on yours how were the bodies? Just wondering if the bodies were as tightly strung as the previously released Wave 1 figures or if these bodies had been 'fixed'.

jeffbearco
Apr 15, '14, 8:54 AM
In asking what other figures I'd like to see in 2 packs, I'd say having the original figure along with a figure with the new 52 costumes would be really cool. It would show off just how far technology has changed and how much better Mego figures could look if they were still in business.

JeffBearCO

rjm118
Apr 15, '14, 8:57 AM
very disapointed in the condition Cat Woman was in, her head was twisted around, her glove is off and Batmans extra logo is missing, just the bit of plastic it comes in.

for the price I paid i expected much better, especially since its numbered and I bought it to display only.

I wrote to FTC, so hopefully they will send me a new zip tie so I can open it and fix it or else it goes back.

rjm118
Apr 15, '14, 10:14 AM
I have to say, customer service is great, they are sending out a new zip tie and BM logo taoday.

GlobalObserver
Apr 15, '14, 11:31 AM
If they make 2-packs of Batman '66 with really nice artwork, I'd probably get those.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 15, '14, 12:49 PM
If they make 2-packs of Batman '66 with really nice artwork, I'd probably get those.

I have to say, I am now considering going this route. The 66 figures interest me, but not as much as the Megos. But if they came out in a really nice 2-pack limited again with great art, I would snag them.

madmarva
Apr 15, '14, 12:57 PM
Tarzan and Jane 2-pack would be fun

gummi
Apr 15, '14, 1:59 PM
I didn't open mine, so on yours how were the bodies? Just wondering if the bodies were as tightly strung as the previously released Wave 1 figures or if these bodies had been 'fixed'.

I didn't really examine them very closely. Robin seems good, but Batman's arms were a bit tight as they wouldn't stay at his sides, but that seems to be pretty typical with these Mego-like figures.

very disapointed in the condition Cat Woman was in, her head was twisted around, her glove is off and Batmans extra logo is missing, just the bit of plastic it comes in.

for the price I paid i expected much better, especially since its numbered and I bought it to display only.

I wrote to FTC, so hopefully they will send me a new zip tie so I can open it and fix it or else it goes back.

If you don't want to wait on the new zip tie, check out my post previous post. You can remove them very easily and reuse them with no damage to the tie at all.

tllgn
Apr 15, '14, 7:28 PM
so far i just got the batman robin one ,i like the comic cover for the batman catwomen set,perhaps that
one ill get .

rjm118
Apr 16, '14, 9:42 AM
If you don't want to wait on the new zip tie, check out my post previous post. You can remove them very easily and reuse them with no damage to the tie at all.[/QUOTE]

Will try it! Thanks!

Vinny0026
Apr 22, '14, 8:16 AM
Just Curious

I know a lot of people were not happy with the 60.00 price tag on the 2 packs a while back.

Do they still feel the same now that the diamond select Marvel Figures will be 80.00?
and not have the 2nd body

Was just curious as to what people are thinking now

BATMAN89
Apr 22, '14, 9:24 AM
Hey Vinny,
What I find strange is that the single figures are $25, but a 2 pack is $60???
Sorry, but I would just buy them separately to save 10 bucks.

Besides, they stole the 2-pack idea from you!!! LOL

dr_cyclops
Apr 22, '14, 9:52 AM
While I like the 2 card idea, I preferred the 'deluxe figure' idea suggested by T-Bolt: Packaging the removable mask versions with the S.I. outfits. Now there is a smart marketing idea! Imagine how many more Bruce and Dick they could have sold in this format, through the direct market stores.

Vinny0026
Apr 22, '14, 10:35 AM
Hey Vinny,
What I find strange is that the single figures are $25, but a 2 pack is $60???
Sorry, but I would just buy them separately to save 10 bucks.

depends on what you plan on doing with them.
I leave most of my stuff un opened.

So I'm ok with the 10 bucks here for a limited piece.

I think the artwork is what really makes these guys pop/ so it displays really well.

Vinny0026
Apr 22, '14, 10:36 AM
While I like the 2 card idea, I preferred the 'deluxe figure' idea suggested by T-Bolt: Packaging the removable mask versions with the S.I. outfits. Now there is a smart marketing idea! Imagine how many more Bruce and Dick they could have sold in this format, through the direct market stores.

I would not be shocked to see those at some point after that wave hits

Hedji
Apr 22, '14, 10:59 AM
Just Curious

I know a lot of people were not happy with the 60.00 price tag on the 2 packs a while back.

Do they still feel the same now that the diamond select Marvel Figures will be 80.00?
and not have the 2nd body

Was just curious as to what people are thinking now

I think the perception is that the Diamond product will be of far higher quality than the FTC. Honestly, it will need to be if the pricepoint is to be sustained and justified. If the Diamond stuff falls apart, or doesn't pose well, or has accessory difficulties, then it will be even harder to swallow the cost. I think the two packs from FTC are reasonably priced, since you have a complete toy once it is out of the packaging (should you choose). With the Diamond, you still need to invest more on bodies to display the 3 figure outfits simultaneously. So, you must add more investment cost to complete the loose display. I think $55 would have been much more in line.

rjm118
Apr 22, '14, 11:03 AM
I bought the Batman/Catwoman 2-pack because the art work was awesome and its numbered and limited. Do I think the price tag is excessive? Yes, but I wanted it. lol.

I've never been big into Marvel so the Diamond/EMCE Spidey doesnt really interest me as much, although I may buy it to support the line. I just wish they offered the Spiderman in a retro window box on his own as well for $25. Make that set a limited edition and people will pay the $80.

Just my opinion.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 22, '14, 12:00 PM
With the 2-packs, the people that see no value in it being limited or in the special artwork are the ones that think it's overpriced. Those that do think it's a great deal.

Vinny0026
Apr 22, '14, 12:56 PM
With the 2-packs, the people that see no value in it being limited or in the special artwork are the ones that think it's overpriced. Those that do think it's a great deal.

Thats a great point.

I can see why people who will open them, or want them loose would think this way.

scott metzger
Apr 22, '14, 1:31 PM

Haven't posted in a while, but seeing the cardbacks showing what's hopefully coming and seeing the debate here begs a comment or two.

The first thing you have to remember here is the market being targeted. This isn't a retail line; it isn't even DCUC, a retail line aimed at collectors and kids. The main market for this line is folks like us, adults who likely had the old Megos, grew up in that era, or old time comic book/Superfriends fans. These aren't for kids or casual buyers, so Mattel's fallback Crisis on Technicolor Batmen approach isn't going to work here. And within that market, guys like Hawkman ARE mainstream. Folks who would be buying these are, by and large, going to remember the Superfriends, or more recently Justice League. Heck, let's throw in Smallville, Brave and Bold, and Young Justice. Green Lantern? He had his own movie and a two season cartoon outside of the SF show. Flash is getting his own show in a few months. This is the kind of stuff most of the market here is likely following. Truthfully, the most "obscure" characters I see shown so far is the Marvels, and I can site the old Filmation show for old timers like me, as well as Brave and Bold, Justice League and Young Justice for the more modern day. Heck, looking at the more modern shows, we could likely add folks like Black Canary (add the current Arrow appearances for her) and even Red Tornado (major character in YJ). Even the Legion has had multiple appearances on TV and Smallville, and that's not even counting two seasons of their own toon.

Bats and Supes will always have the surest sales, but, as we've seen almost regularly from Mattel, you can easily overdo it to the point of killing a line (as Mattel has done more than once). You have to find a balance, especially in an adult, collector's aimed line like this. People who bought Megos in their heyday have been waiting decades for GL, Flash, Hawkman, Luthor, Sinestro, Grundy and a whole list of characters they watched on Saturday morning, and the prospect of getting some actual "Mego" versions of those heroes and villains is likely as big a draw as getting a repro of the old Batman and Superman. There are many in this market who already have the old guys, and the new characters are the big draw. Even the Batcentric Mattel looked at characters like GL, Green Arrow, Flash and Hawkman as mainstream anchors for the DCUC waves, the popular characters to help carry the more obscure ones. FTC looks to be keeping the selection VERY mainstream as far as non-big two characters go; no one I see on that cardback hasn't had a major appearance on a nationally broadcast show or movie in the past several years. And I see nothing that fans of the era these figures represent wouldn't likely recognize.

jeffbearco
Apr 22, '14, 1:54 PM
I got the Bruce Wayne/Batman 2 pack right off the bat with very little thought into it. I'm wondering now if I would do the same for Dick Grayson/Robin. I probably would, but I don't know if I'd be as enthusiastic about it. I never did really care for the original head sculpt, especially the hair. If they redo the Robin sculpt in the Teen Titan's scale I would be more enthusiastic.
I'm also thinking how many versions of Dick Grayson I'd buy. Original Robin, Dick Grayson, Nightwing. That might make for an interesting collection.

I'd definitely pounce on Clark Kent/Superman and Diana Prince/Wonder Woman though, especially if Wonder Woman was modeled after the 12 inch figure instead of the Wonder Pajamas version.

JeffBearCO.

Marathon Runner
May 13, '14, 7:31 PM
Is anyone surprised these haven't sold out yet? I purchased the Batman/Robin and Batman/Catwoman packs in mid April and my sets were numbered in the upper 40s or low 50s. I bought the other three last week and I received very low numbered sets (under 15). I would have expected them to sell out immediately. The packaging is top notch.

Hedji
May 13, '14, 7:40 PM
Yeah, I'm actually shocked these haven't sold out. 100 edition size is nuthin'. Hope they're being truthful and sticking to that number. I have no reason to suspect otherwise, but, yeah, I figured they'd be gone within a week.

Vinny0026
May 14, '14, 5:42 AM
I'm a little shocked they are not sold out - but I bet they will

as for the numbers - do we know if they are shipping these out in order?
meaning that even though you got a low number - does not mean they are going in order.

They might just have a box of these and ship the first one they grab, not looking at the numbers.

limited edition of 100 is nothing
so these will sell out for sure at some point.

BATMAN89
May 14, '14, 11:53 AM
limited edition of 100 is nothing
so these will sell out for sure at some point.
It was a great idea to sell 2 packs (they stole it from you Vinny),
but what a sneaky gimmick to make $10.00 more on the figures.
They are getting $30 each this way, instead of $25 each sold individually.

hedrap
May 14, '14, 11:54 AM
Too many packaging variants for the same figures. I get what they're after but as we've talked about before, they're trying to slice the same crowd seven different ways.

Considering the shipping costs, they might need to adopt a MattyCollector approach and offer bundles. So pay x amount per three months and it's shipped in one giant box. It may attract more of the holdouts.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
May 14, '14, 1:16 PM
It was a great idea to sell 2 packs (they stole it from you Vinny),
but what a sneaky gimmick to make $10.00 more on the figures.
They are getting $30 each this way, instead of $25 each sold individually.

Different packaging and limited to 100 pieces. That's worth $10 to some people, to others it isn't.

huedell
May 14, '14, 2:07 PM
Too many packaging variants for the same figures. I get what they're after but as we've talked about before, they're trying to slice the same crowd seven different ways.

Considering the shipping costs, they might need to adopt a MattyCollector approach and offer bundles. So pay x amount per three months and it's shipped in one giant box. It may attract more of the holdouts.

Boom goes the bomb. ;)

Vinny0026
May 14, '14, 8:21 PM
it all comes down to what you like

I'm a variant type of guy
I have the same figures in box, on card, on 2 packs and different versions of some.

we all know I have a weakness for 2 packs :)

I happen to like them and while I had most of them already
I still grabbed the limited ones

this is the mego relaunch and this is the first time we ever saw an official mego 2 pack (mine and others are just customs)
so these might be worth some bucks in the future.

if not we will rip these suckers open and make a clone army of batman and robins :)

IMO I don't mind the 10 bucks for a limited piece.
if it was 100 it would be a different story - but for 10 i'll roll the dice

fatsal
May 14, '14, 9:15 PM
Personally, I passed on the two-packs (as beautiful as they are) simply because I prefer my Megos loose so I can "play" with them. That said, I think a $10 premium is pretty reasonable for a exclusives limited to just 100 each. The edition size I think is probably spot-on - just enough to make them relatively easy to obtain, but not so many that they choke on them. FTC, so far, really seems to know their market.

Marathon Runner
May 15, '14, 6:13 AM
I am curious if we can determine how they are selling based on the order date compared to the numbered set received. For me. 3 of mine range in the upper 40s to low 60s and 2 under #15:

Early April order: Batman/Robin #4x, Batman/Catwoman #5x
Early May order: Bruce / Batman #1x, Batman/Joker #0x, Joker/Penguin #6x

Vinny0026
May 15, '14, 11:41 AM
Personally, I passed on the two-packs (as beautiful as they are) simply because I prefer my Megos loose so I can "play" with them. That said, I think a $10 premium is pretty reasonable for a exclusives limited to just 100 each. The edition size I think is probably spot-on - just enough to make them relatively easy to obtain, but not so many that they choke on them. FTC, so far, really seems to know their market.

agreed - and if I may add:
The added bonus of the 2 packs for them is/was it pumped out some new excitement - while it was the same figures - the 2 packs gave it a whole new look and all new hype.

IMO they know what they are doing, and they are really pushing this stuff out the right way.

I have not come across any one issue that would cause people not to buy these figures.
They are getting better with each wave - I really can't wait to see some of the never before produced figures down the line.

fatsal
May 15, '14, 1:06 PM
I really can't wait to see some of the never before produced figures down the line.

Me too! For reasons I really can't explain, I am inordinately excited to see the reveal of the Neal Adams Batman and Robin.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
May 15, '14, 3:21 PM
Me too! For reasons I really can't explain, I am inordinately excited to see the reveal of the Neal Adams Batman and Robin.

Years from now I think we'll say that the new figures are what truly made this line spectacular. FTC signing up The Farrow to do the sculpts is a game-changer.

jeffbearco
May 15, '14, 4:01 PM
I am really eager to see more of the Neal Adams version of the characters!

BRING THEM ON!

JeffBearCO

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
May 16, '14, 4:12 PM
The set of all 5 2-packs are no longer available on the site, and neither is the Batman and Robin 2 pack.

huedell
May 16, '14, 5:56 PM
FTC signing up The Farrow to do the sculpts is a game-changer.
THAT is cool. I recognize that name because it stuck with me due to how accurate some of his sculpts (particularly Chris Reeve) are. Has he done all the DC stuff so far (Batman '66 as well as the WGSH-related stuff?) And is he signed up for sure to do the whole rest of the modern-WGSH?

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
May 16, '14, 5:59 PM
THAT is cool. I recognize that name because it stuck with me due to how accurate some of his sculpts (particularly Chris Reeve) are. Has he done all the DC stuff so far (Batman '66 as well as the WGSH-related stuff?) And is he signed up for sure to do the whole rest of the modern-WGSH?

I believe he did the 66 sculpts as well as the Gordon, Ras and Scarecrow sculpts for the Batman Wave 4 figures. Of course he also did the KISS sculpts.

I assume he will be doing all the sculpts for the 'new' figures, at least I hope so.

huedell
May 16, '14, 11:06 PM
I believe he did the 66 sculpts as well as the Gordon, Ras and Scarecrow sculpts for the Batman Wave 4 figures. Of course he also did the KISS sculpts.

I assume he will be doing all the sculpts for the 'new' figures, at least I hope so.
Dang---it's not like I ever had a problem with any of the recent FTC sculpts... but still cool to know he's likely taking on the DC heroes and villains in the Mego-style that have yet to be done. I imagine he's the perfect guy for the job, and has some original WGSH in his personal collection, or that level of "fan" appreciation investment in the work, and, as said earlier, talented too..

EatTheseCrackersAgain
May 19, '14, 3:53 PM
The set of all 5 2-packs are no longer available on the site, and neither is the Batman and Robin 2 pack.

I'm too late! Did anyone order an extra set they would be willing to part with?

Marathon Runner
Jul 2, '14, 7:33 PM
Looks like the Batman / Joker 2 pack finally sold out. The site has 3 remaining
http://figurestoycompany.com/8inchlimitededitiondcsuperherotwo-packs.aspx

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Jul 2, '14, 9:42 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that Batman/Catwoman 2-pack hasn't sold better. I thought the card design with the comic cover looked much better than the others, was hoping they would use it in future 2-packs. If they decide to do 2-packs for the 66 series there's a ton of classic 60s Batman covers they could pull from.

warlock664
Jul 2, '14, 11:03 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that Batman/Catwoman 2-pack hasn't sold better. I thought the card design with the comic cover looked much better than the others, was hoping they would use it in future 2-packs. If they decide to do 2-packs for the 66 series there's a ton of classic 60s Batman covers they could pull from.

I wouldn't think comic covers would work as well with '66 TV 2-packs, though. Photos from the show of the actors would seem to be the way to go.
I call for a "Surf's Up! Joker's Under" Batman/Joker 2-pack with surf boards and shorts!

jeffbearco
Jul 3, '14, 11:28 AM
Do you think we will eventually see Superman/Clark Kent and Wonder Woman/Diana Prince 2 packs? My Batman/Bruce Wayne 2 pack looks lonely on the shelf. ;)

JeffBearCO

Marathon Runner
Jul 20, '14, 4:19 PM
Finally all two packs sold out. Still can't believe it took over 3 months http://figurestoycompany.com/8inchlimitededitiondcsuperherotwo-packs.aspx

I think the Superman/Clark and Wonder Woman/Diana are great ideas for future 2packs. They could easily add in Robin/Dick Grayson since the series 2 hasn't sold out.

Series 1, 3, and two packs sold out. I would have thought Batman 66 would sell out quickly. I wonder how Series 2 and Titans waves are doing?

Vinny0026
Jul 20, '14, 5:16 PM
Finally all two packs sold out. Still can't believe it took over 3 months http://figurestoycompany.com/8inchlimitededitiondcsuperherotwo-packs.aspx

I think the Superman/Clark and Wonder Woman/Diana are great ideas for future 2packs. They could easily add in Robin/Dick Grayson since the series 2 hasn't sold out.

Series 1, 3, and two packs sold out. I would have thought Batman 66 would sell out quickly. I wonder how Series 2 and Titans waves are doing?

I think the made more of 66 series 1 - than they did of the wave 3 and titans. So that could have something to do with it.
but I'm sure at some point it will sell out as well

mickeymoosemego
Jul 23, '14, 10:00 PM
Do you think we will eventually see Superman/Clark Kent and Wonder Woman/Diana Prince 2 packs? My Batman/Bruce Wayne 2 pack looks lonely on the shelf. ;)

JeffBearCO

Not at the Moment on the two you mentioned above but your Batman/Bruce Wayne may have some new company soon! :)

ovenmitt
Jul 23, '14, 10:02 PM
Batgirl/Barbara Gordon?

jayraytee
Jul 24, '14, 8:20 AM

Yeah but if the majority of people already bought those figures in the regular Batman line, then nobody was buying them just for the figures. It was only people that wanted the special limited edition two pack card and figures to display or whatever. Thats the reason I didn't buy any of them, I couldn't spend the extra for figures I already bought. The limited edition thing didn't push me to buy.

Boxheadman
Jul 25, '14, 11:34 PM
Toycade is carrying a limited supply of the 1/100 2-packs. Same price as FTC when they were in stock. http://www.toycade.com/category-s/1820.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=1820&show=100&page=1

jeffbearco
Jul 29, '14, 10:07 AM
I think the issue with Catwoman in general was the costume. It was the first appearance and I don't think she ever wore that costume again. If I was not a comic book geek, I would not have recognized that as Catwoman.

I'm really hoping we see other versions of Catwoman!

http://the-ocd.blogspot.com/2009/10/cats-meow.html

For me, this is still classic Catwoman!

http://www.popfunk.com/dc-here-kitty-t-shirts.html

JeffBearCO