X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Without vehicles are they worth it?

Going through past and present megos, I am wondering: Is it worth getting a collection if CTVT does not release the vehicles they are known for.

When you look at the Dukes of Hazard, you have to wonder if they are going to release the General Lee. The General Lee was as much a part of the show as the Dukes were. The only reason my brother and i bought the 3.75 inch figures was the fact that you could get the General Lee to go with it. There were many of days were Batman & Robin in the Batmobile were joined with the Duke Boys and the General Lee to stop the secret plans of Joker and Boss Hogg would come with. Now that FTC is releasing the Dukes of Hazard is it worth getting without there trusty sidekick the General Lee? And how is Daisy going to chase after them without her Dixie Jeep.

Same goes for Evel Knievel. What is the Evel Knievel without a motorcycle to ride?? Granted I hated the fact the original was smaller than the Megos and even his "girlfriend" Debbie Daredevil was the same size. Know that FTC has righted the wrong and released Evel Knievel in a Mego body, it still does not look right without his motorcycle.

66' Batman is a dream come true that I wanted back when I was kid. Yes my brother and I played hard with out Megos and pretended to act out the adventures of the tv series with Batman & Robin in the Batmobile chasing after Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman in the Joker Van. And yes I have even spent alot of money re-collecting the past megos including a Batmobile, Batcycle, and Batcopter all in the Wayne Foundation. The problem I have is now that the 66' Batman lineup is coming out I REALLY want the Batboat and Batgirl riding her Batcycle.

So is a collection worth getting even if you cannot get the trusty vehicles to go with them?
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 6, '14, 7:08 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • mhackley
    • May 27, 2008

Is this a genuine question, or is it an editorial on whether or not Figures Toy Company should be making these items?

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
      • Aug 14, 2007

I think it would be neat if they made the vehicles, but it seems fairly unrealistic. Personally, I think I would just buy more figures than a big investement in an expensive vehicle. Isn't that part of the reason that mego gave way to smaller figures? For vehicles and playsets?

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

I can live without the vehicles and play sets for two reasons; space and money. I really think the market is too limited for them. How many folks bought the monster castle?

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          "So is a collection worth getting even if you cannot get the trusty vehicles to go with them?"
          Yes. I don't see why not.

Comment

• jds1911a1
            Alan Scott is the best GL
            • Aug 8, 2007

I think with bat 66 becuase of the villians you can get by without a scalled accurate batmobile (but boy woudl I love it)
            Evel - he was such an Iconic character in the 70's (much like Kiss was) that It isn't needed for the stunt bike or cars (the bike would be cool) and that iconic look is there in the new FTC release that was missing from the ideal release
            Dukes - FTC has followed the mego model back then - figures but no car, as opposed to S&H which came out a few years earlier with a slightly off scale car from Mego or LJN with emergecny. So in that respect i guess it's fine and if you prefer the accurate facial molding and finally having a sherriff to chase the duke boys it works. personally the vintage luke and Bo are SO common I'm not sure how good of an idea it is, but I am interesed in roscoe but really just for his sherriff uniform not so much for Rosco himslef

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

This is just an question posed by me. It this day I have spent a lot of money trying recapture my youth. I still haven't made up my mind if I want to get FTC Dukes of Hazzard or Evel Knievel. To me I cannot see a Knievel without a motorcycle.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Just find something that would work as a stand-in.

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

This is a totally subjective question. There is no definitive answer.

Anyways, did people - or even you - buy a Spider-man Mego only because they made a Spider-car? Seems like consumers bought Iron Man, Tarzan, Batgirl, etc etc etc without vehicles and play sets attached.

Just buy the damn things because they are fun and bring back good memories. Over-analyzing toys is just a waste of time.

-Chris

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

I never needed the vehicles for my toys, but I do think some iconic characters' vehicles are tied to them very closely. Almost that they are needed to complete that figure. I would say Evel, The Dukes, and Ghost Rider are three that I think of along those lines. Not really a comparison as the former three have iconic looks, and/or stories without vehicles needed, but I wonder how much I would want a Paul Teutul Sr. figure without an Orange County Chopper?

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

I can see Monitor's point, and think it's definitely a valid question. Comparing Spider-Man and his car isn't really fair either. He wasn't known for a vehicle like those others.

With the Dukes, the car was the centerpiece of the show, much like Knight Rider. It's really integral to the line. Don't forget CHiPs also...even Mego realized motorcycle cops were useless without their motorcycles.

Dukes has a huge fanbase...kids and adult collectors alike would definitely go for an 8 inch scaled General. Done in the simple Mego style, a lightweight plastic car shouldn't cost too much to make.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mhackley
                        Is this a genuine question, or is it an editorial on whether or not Figures Toy Company should be making these items?
                        I almost LOLed for real.

But to the original post, I'm not a Dukes or Evel fan but will admit that both lines would look infinitely cooler with the General Lee and Evel's bike. For the superheroes the vehicles aren't really core to the character in most cases like they are for these two lines.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

I'm going to get the 66 Batman figures regardless. While the vehicles would be great complements to the figures that I would really like to have, it's not a big deal.

However, I definitely have not bought an Evel Knievel figure because of the lack of a motorcycle. I may pick up the Dukes figures at some point if only for the clothes, but if a General Lee were offered, I'd have it and would have probably also bought the figures.

Now, that's just one person's thought and admittedly I'm a much bigger super hero fan than I am of Dukes or Knievel.
                          Last edited by madmarva; Apr 7, '14, 2:30 PM.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                            Year Five!!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

You have some valid points - love your post by the way.

If I were you I would get them.
                            For the 66 line get the mattel batmobile - it is a pinch small - just a pinch but you can squeeze them in there - I have

Put robin in it and display batman on the outside

For the dukes get one of those metal diecast general lees
                            not sure if they will fit in it, but it would display great together.

from what I heard - they will not be making these for a number or reasons. Cost being one. also in the case of the general lee its the flag on the car.

So you can buy them and just look outside the box on how to display them.
                            but in the batman line or 66 line the mattel works great for display. Its about 60 bucks.

But its worth it because I agree that those cars are as much a part of the show as the people in them
                            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by megomania
                              This is a totally subjective question. There is no definitive answer.

Anyways, did people - or even you - buy a Spider-man Mego only because they made a Spider-car? Seems like consumers bought Iron Man, Tarzan, Batgirl, etc etc etc without vehicles and play sets attached.

Just buy the damn things because they are fun and bring back good memories. Over-analyzing toys is just a waste of time.

-Chris
                              not really a comparable question none of those characters were known most for their rides even Batgirl (and she could ride the mego batcylce)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎