X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

KISS Alive! I am pleased.

Got my set in the mail today and I am impressed. The sculpts are such a huge improvement over series 1. The costumes are well made. The bodies are strung as close to perfect as I've ever seen. FTC has really impressed me with these. The only negative I see is the giant clamshell but that's really not an issue. The fellows are freed and most likely won't be returned to the plastic holding sail.
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

If you're a KISS fan, Rolling Stone's latest issue has a great article on the band with interviews with the 4 original members. It was also posted on RS's website for free, but the RS cover is great.

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

I saw that. Sucks that the original four have gotten so jaded and bitter towards each other. As a fan though, at least we've got figures that remember the good times

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

more pics at my blog :
        )

Comment

• mego
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 16, 2012

those look really good!

Comment

• mego maniac mark
            Career Member
            • Aug 3, 2010

Those look great. The definitive kiss at their best. I got the dressed to kill series an love em. I haven't released them though .
            Still wanted the grinning head for gene is 8" , but oh we'll .
            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              • Feb 27, 2014

I get that there are a lot of KISS fans out there, but after 6 series of figures, come on, let's at least get the first Superman wave out there before we worry about the 7th or 8th KISS wave.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                I get that there are a lot of KISS fans out there, but after 6 series of figures, come on, let's at least get the first Superman wave out there before we worry about the 7th or 8th KISS wave.
                I would suspect that dealing with the licensor is alot less trouble with Kiss (ie Gene Simmons ) than the DC (ie a committee and coporate office) so that will affect how fast new product gets released and Sales, everything since wave 1 of the 12 inch for kiss is new product so the fans are buying it because it's new, while most of the dc first few waves were re-issues of common or longtime repro'd figures in a new packaging which means some people (me included) aren't rebuying what we already have and waiting for things we don't (like Alfred)

Comment

• jimsmegos
                  Mego Dork
                  • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  I don't care when any of them come out so long as they keep coming.

Comment

• Johnny
                    Salty
                    • Oct 1, 2003

"You wanted the best, you got the best..."

Those are awesome!!

Comment

• Captain_Dan
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Dec 19, 2010

At first I wasnt going to buy these, but after seeing pics, I think I might, these are really good-looking figures. I would really like to see the Dynasty 79 costumes.

Comment

• Red Hulk
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 19, 2012

Originally posted by Captain_Dan
                        At first I wasnt going to buy these, but after seeing pics, I think I might, these are really good-looking figures. I would really like to see the Dynasty 79 costumes.
                        I'll second that if they have the capes as well.

Comment

• gummi
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 2, 2009

They look great with the exception of the smirking Gene. The head sculpt for Paul in particular is fantastic. I wish they would have had that sculpt earlier in the line.
                          "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

I'm not really sold on Ace or Peter, but Gene looks pretty good and Paul looks fantastic.

Originally posted by Captain_Dan
                            I would really like to see the Dynasty 79 costumes.
                            I'd love to see those, the 79-80 costumes are among my favourites. And I'm probably really in the minority, but I'd love to see the Elder outfits too. That era is so under represented, but I really like that period.

Comment

• Captain_Dan
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Dec 19, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                              I'm not really sold on Ace or Peter, but Gene looks pretty good and Paul looks fantastic.

I'd love to see those, the 79-80 costumes are among my favourites. And I'm probably really in the minority, but I'd love to see the Elder outfits too. That era is so under represented, but I really like that period.
                              Actually I do like Ace Frehley and Eric Carr's outfits from the Elder era. And to add to the 79-80 era (Dynasty and Unmasked), if FTC did those, I hope they would add Eric Carr with his Fox outfit. That would be pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎