X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron_fox85
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 14, 2008

i scored big tonight 0w0

Okay...after i went to chruch (my knees are killing me from kneeling ><) i went to hastings (yes i have one) and i check theyre cd's and collector figures and behold dr. mccoy! (2) andorain (2) romulan (5) the hastings is where i got my kirk....spock i order off the net...but finding these figures in hastings again i was happy so i used my gift card to get the three figures and let me tell ya...i'm 22 years old...and i LOVE MEGOS!

even if theyre repros anyways it was a great sunday evening... i dont have a scanner so i cant take pics... i just wanted to share my luck....any others got lucky in finding these guys? share stories how you found your emce startrek figures?

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Ordered mine from Paul
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Got them at a not so local comic shop. Since I only wanted the Romulan, Andorian and Klingon, I hed to hunt them down at shops.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

[QUOTE=Iron_fox85;106212]Okay...after i went to chruch (my knees are killing me from kneeling ><) i went to hastings (yes i have one) and i check theyre cd's and collector figures and behold dr. mccoy! (2) andorain (2) romulan (5) the hastings is where i got my kirk....spock i order off the net...but finding these figures in hastings again i was happy so i used my gift card to get the three figures and let me tell ya...i'm 22 years old...and i LOVE MEGOS!

You have to love the power of prayer. It really truly is a wonderful thing. Nice find! I wish I could find some EMCE figures in local stores here. That would be cool. (hint, hint) I have bought all of mine online so far as I am an armchair shopper when it comes to Mego/EMCE. It is really the best way that I have found them locally and personally. Perhaps some day I will walk into a local Toy's R US and see EMCE proudly hanging on the pegs awaiting purchase. Just the rush of seeing them on the pegs in stores like the original Mego's would be a dream come true. One can only hope and pray. Thanks for sharing your story. It is a good one.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

You have a Hastings near You!!? Be on the look-out for KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Seeker
            Neptunians RULE!
            • Feb 20, 2008

I have a local card shop guy who is very good to me. Ive been able to get the last two sets (Spock, Andorian, Mcoy, and the Romulan) for $16.00 each.

Unfortunatly I dont think he can get the first series Kirk and Klingon any more. But thats OK I think I'm going to get them from Dr Mego along with some spare repo parts to fix up some of my classic loose megos.

I'm hoping my comic shop guy can keep getting the rest of the series and the Apes.

I still keep my eyes out at shops like FYE and Spencers to see if they start carrying them.

What states have Hastings stores? Never heard of them?
            Lo there do I see my Father.
            Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
            Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
            Lo they do call me.
            They bid me take my place among them.
            In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• megonaught
              Career Member
              • Jan 29, 2008

i got mine in a trade with my local comic shop.
              i have my mego kirk standing in front of my emce kirk and while they dont say mego, they r damn close.
              Action Jackson is his name.
              Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by Seeker
                I have a local card shop guy who is very good to me. Ive been able to get the last two sets (Spock, Andorian, Mcoy, and the Romulan) for $16.00 each.

Unfortunatly I dont think he can get the first series Kirk and Klingon any more. But thats OK I think I'm going to get them from Dr Mego along with some spare repo parts to fix up some of my classic loose megos.

I'm hoping my comic shop guy can keep getting the rest of the series and the Apes.

I still keep my eyes out at shops like FYE and Spencers to see if they start carrying them.

What states have Hastings stores? Never heard of them?

i live in san benito tx. its...a s***t hole town...but in mcallen tx a few miles away from here they have many many stores...one of them is hastings...i love hastings cause of the books and movies...now its the place where i'll get my megos. or maybe i'll call them emce's
                Last edited by Iron_fox85; Mar 10, '08, 4:49 PM.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• LordMalvolio
                  • Sep 5, 2007

How much are Hastings charging for the figures?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

If only we could buy them in stores here.
                    With customs and shipping, I paid $40 for my Andorian.
                    Hmmm. Not something I care to repeat....
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Psychopath
                      resident psycho
                      • Nov 19, 2004

Its just as bad here in the UK, robbed by her majesty to keep her in a life of luxury.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

My local shop ordered Spock/Andorian and while Spock is gone, Andorian didn't sell as well. I was looking to get a Romulan but it doesn't look any shops in this area ordered that assortment, well, stores I will actually go into anyway.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Seeker
                          Neptunians RULE!
                          • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by Psychopath
                          Its just as bad here in the UK, robbed by her majesty to keep her in a life of luxury.
                          Love the Avatar. Its great to see another Red Dwarf fan. You have alot of Dr Who, Red Dwarf stuff in the toy aisles on your side of the pond?
                          Lo there do I see my Father.
                          Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                          Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                          Lo they do call me.
                          They bid me take my place among them.
                          In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

congrats man,looks like you're really happy
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Captain
                              Fighting the good fight!
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                              My local shop ordered Spock/Andorian and while Spock is gone, Andorian didn't sell as well. I was looking to get a Romulan but it doesn't look any shops in this area ordered that assortment, well, stores I will actually go into anyway.

It's funny...The local shops around here that carry these figures had the same issue. Kirk, Spock and McCoy are outselling the aliens. We "older" collectors all want the figures that --in original Mego form--were considered rare and harder to find, yet the younger crowds are snapping up the regular...find the originals anywhere...crew figures?
                              Go figure?
                              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎