PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans?

lilbrosj66
Apr 1, '14, 12:06 AM
Did anyone else pre-order these? I'm really wanting these. The last I heard/read was 4th quarter of this year?

Brown Bear
Apr 1, '14, 6:16 AM
Website says Q1 last time I checked.

Bronxboykev
Apr 1, '14, 6:28 AM
On Facebook it looks like Batman wave 3, Batman 66 wave 1 and Teen Titans wave 1 are all set for April releases... They really are gonna suffocate collectors if they don't stagger stuff better :(

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 1, '14, 8:42 AM
On Facebook it looks like Batman wave 3, Batman 66 wave 1 and Teen Titans wave 1 are all set for April releases... They really are gonna suffocate collectors if they don't stagger stuff better :(

When's the last time you bought a wave? It's been about 3-4 months since Batman Wave 2, right? You guys do know you don't have to buy them all in April, right? :)

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 1, '14, 8:43 AM
Did anyone else pre-order these? I'm really wanting these. The last I heard/read was 4th quarter of this year?

April or May for Wave 1.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 1, '14, 9:02 AM

You're cracking me up Kevin. It wasn't too long ago that everyone was saying they were moving too slow and doubting that the figures would ever hit at all:-)

Bronxboykev
Apr 1, '14, 9:07 AM
When's the last time you bought a wave? It's been about 3-4 months since Batman Wave 2, right? You guys do know you don't have to buy them all in April, right? :)

Absolutely but at least they spaced the 1st 2 waves a month apart. Not that I'm complaining but I think it would help their sales if they were staggered... It would be easier on myself and a lot of other people if they didn't have to pick and choose... I'm preordered for the Batman 66 but that means the other 2 waves are going to have to wait... Just an opinion :)

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 1, '14, 9:23 AM
Absolutely but at least they spaced the 1st 2 waves a month apart. Not that I'm complaining but I think it would help their sales if they were staggered... It would be easier on myself and a lot of other people if they didn't have to pick and choose... I'm preordered for the Batman 66 but that means the other 2 waves are going to have to wait... Just an opinion :)

True, and now it's been 3 months since the last wave, so you've had time to save some money up. And we still don't know if all three will hit this month.

I think what we are seeing here is that even if everyone gets everything they claimed they wanted, everyone still will not be satisfied.

pmwasson
Apr 9, '14, 4:58 PM
Packaged pictures are up!

http://i.imgur.com/Wk0dZMp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DuA5tix.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uuY6g7j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FLllBrK.jpg

ScottA
Apr 9, '14, 5:01 PM
Don't you love how they STILL couldn't do Speedy correctly? Seems an easy fix when you are staring at the picture.

Hedji
Apr 9, '14, 5:28 PM
Fantastic card artwork. I noticed their pant legs are all riding up.

PNGwynne
Apr 9, '14, 5:30 PM
Correct Speedy tights would probably be cheaper, too.

They could clean up by offering correct tights on their site as a separate accessory.

These all look pretty good IMO, although a bit baggy & it appears FTC is still using their old mis-sized quiver mold. I like the card art also.

monitor_ep
Apr 9, '14, 5:34 PM
I cannot believe they messed up Speedy. Now I am going to have to buy another suite to fit the problem. Idiots.

PNGwynne
Apr 9, '14, 5:34 PM
Why does the "Wonder Girl" logo have to specify DC Comics?

boynightwing
Apr 9, '14, 6:19 PM
I'll probably just get Kid Flash, but I'm gonna make him a ginger.

monitor_ep
Apr 9, '14, 6:31 PM
I asked FTC why they did not correct the Speedy mistake from Mego and they told me "We are replicating the mego as close as possible". I will see if I can work something out with my fake TT outfit from CTVT Flashboy outfit.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 9, '14, 6:35 PM
Let the complaining begin...

Hedji
Apr 9, '14, 6:41 PM
I like them. Never seen an original in person, and looking at Holcomb's book, these outfits are actually pretty faithful.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 9, '14, 6:47 PM
I like them. Never seen an original in person, and looking at Holcomb's book, these outfits are actually pretty faithful.

Yep, I'm looking at FTC's pics and the pics here and trying to figure out how they 'messed up' Speedy's tights. There must be some difference since several here caught it, but it must be pretty subtle.

As with every wave so far, some people always find something wrong. You can if you want to with anything.

comicmike
Apr 9, '14, 8:20 PM
i *love* them. Seeing a Wonder Girl alone seems like a miracle....i love that her white stars are a non-transparent white litho (compared to the original WG suits), and just look at that great necklace she has!!!! ~maybe~ if I get 2 of them, i can customize 1 into a Debra Winger TV Wonder Girl...and gosh, I hope my Speedy gets his bow

SeattleEd
Apr 9, '14, 8:44 PM
Surprisingly well made. Now bring on a Robin teen titan!

ovenmitt
Apr 9, '14, 9:34 PM
I missed out on these in 1977 when I was 7 so this is a wonderful 2nd chance! They all look terrific just like originals! I like FTC kept light blue cards and card art of each character looks good! I had already ordered a CASE 3 sets of Teen Titans I knew FTC would do a titanic job! Bring on TT 7" Robin and Series 2 Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven! TITANS TOGETHER! 50TH Anniversary this year 1964-2014! My 1st teen idols!

monitor_ep
Apr 9, '14, 9:45 PM
TT Robin 7inch is going to be a website exclusive while series 2 is Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven. I cannot wait for these figures!!!

boss
Apr 9, '14, 10:09 PM
Is it just me or does Wondergirl's head look like the cake topper heads at Michaels?

sprytel
Apr 9, '14, 10:50 PM
Is it just me or does Wondergirl's head look like the cake topper heads at Michaels?

Way to go... Now her secret identity is revealed.

PNGwynne
Apr 9, '14, 11:31 PM
Let the complaining begin...

Actually, it seems to me that the response here to the various FTC lines has been largely supportive & positive. The most ardent opponents have been silent as waves debut, which indicates either resignation or tacit tolerance.

At any rate, unreasonable complaints will doubtless be balanced by indiscriminate endorsements.

m0redaniel
Apr 10, '14, 12:02 AM
Wow they all look so good! Even though Speedy looks a little silly with those shorts on, he still looks awesome.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 7:29 AM
Actually, it seems to me that the response here to the various FTC lines has been largely supportive & positive. The most ardent opponents have been silent as waves debut, which indicates either resignation or tacit tolerance.

At any rate, unreasonable complaints will doubtless be balanced by indiscriminate endorsements.

It all goes back to expectations. Actually it goes back to having reasonable expectations versus unreasonable ones.

For me, I understand that this is a company trying to re-produce a 40-year old toy line. So I expect 'close enough' because an exact replica would be almost impossible, especially at a $25 price point. But based on the complaints here and after every single line, I think some people expected a flawless replica with a few improvements over the original Megos (but only the ones THEY wanted).

All for $25. That seems a bit unrealistic to me, but what do I know, I am just indiscriminately defending the company.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 8:28 AM
Packaged pictures are up!

http://i.imgur.com/Wk0dZMp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DuA5tix.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uuY6g7j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FLllBrK.jpg

Odd that the necklines on all the figures seem to be sagging, almost like the top snap isn't done. With Speedy and Kid Flash a bit of sewing could tighten that and reduce the bagginess of both suits in the upper torso, at least. Aqualad already looks pretty good as does WG.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 10, '14, 8:34 AM
Trouble with fixing the necklines might be that the sleeves get even shorter.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 10, '14, 8:36 AM
And I am getting a shirt printed with this on it. One of my favorite lines ever here:

"Unreasonable complaints will be balanced by indiscriminate endorsements."

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 8:49 AM
Trouble with fixing the necklines might be that the sleeves get even shorter.

The sleeves will likely pull up a bit but I bet those gloves aren't snug against the hands either. Cut a bit of double-sided tape and put it inside the glove so the hand has something to stick to and it would likely snug the sleeves up the arms a wee bit.

palitoy
Apr 10, '14, 8:51 AM
Nice card art, wonder why WG has that big bland "DC COMICS" above her name when the others don't?

jeffbearco
Apr 10, '14, 9:11 AM
My biggest issue is still that Wonder Girl's arms don't bend. I know that makes it true to the original figure, but it also makes her much less of a figure than the others. "Points Of Articulation" I wonder if the rest of the female figures will be handicapped the same way.

JeffBearCO

jemboy2004
Apr 10, '14, 9:34 AM
They all look ok to me but some how Wonder Girls head is off, maybe pushed too far down. I remember the first batman retro figures, some the outfits looked like they didn't fit right but I've seen them improve as I looked at the retro Catwoman recently and noticed that she looked much better this time so they seemed to fix that or maybe it depends on the luck of draw? sometimes their just right or off a little.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 9:46 AM
Odd that the necklines on all the figures seem to be sagging, almost like the top snap isn't done. With Speedy and Kid Flash a bit of sewing could tighten that and reduce the bagginess of both suits in the upper torso, at least. Aqualad already looks pretty good as does WG.

In fact looking at the male figures again, it looks like the gloves on the right hand are lower than the left, suggesting that the gloves on the right hands aren't snug on the hands or as snug as on the left hands. Also notice that on each of these three figures the suit seems to be tilted toward the right. It almost looks like someone did that on purpose to the figures I guess to cover up the gap between the glove and sleeve that would have been created by the glove on the right hand sagging a bit.

Anyway I'll wait till I have these figures in my hand before I pass judgement on them.

boynightwing
Apr 10, '14, 10:24 AM
Nice card art, wonder why WG has that big bland "DC COMICS" above her name when the others don't?

I was wondering that too. Maybe some legal thing? She never ended up in the Teen Titans cartoon that came out a number of years ago and I assumed that was legal bs as well.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 10, '14, 11:11 AM
I asked FTC why they did not correct the Speedy mistake from Mego and they told me "We are replicating the mego as close as possible".

Which is exactly what they should have done. If they had made the leggings red as in the picture then everyone would have been complaining that they made the figures different than the original Megos. Same thing if they had changed Kid Flash's hair to red.

D!n0-M@n
Apr 10, '14, 11:45 AM
Which is exactly what they should have done. If they had made the leggings red as in the picture then everyone would have been complaining that they made the figures different than the original Megos. Same thing if they had changed Kid Flash's hair to red.

Just comes down to not being able to please everyone I suppose.

TRDouble
Apr 10, '14, 1:16 PM
Agreed. And if FTC were to make "corrections", I would prefer vast improvements -- tighter fitting clothes, S-Type body design, etc.

That said, it would be cool if FTC made a more accurate Speedy a website exclusive at the same time they offer Robin. I'd probably buy one (along with my TT Set).

jds1911a1
Apr 11, '14, 9:02 AM
Don't you love how they STILL couldn't do Speedy correctly? Seems an easy fix when you are staring at the picture.

probably my biggest complaint with straight reissues, some stuff mego just had wrong, why perpetuate it

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 11, '14, 9:41 AM
probably my biggest complaint with straight reissues, some stuff mego just had wrong, why perpetuate it

Because we want Megos again, warts and all.

As someone said if FTC is smart they can sell the 'correct' suits and let the collectors that want to swap out, do so.

jeffbearco
Apr 11, '14, 10:29 AM
Are Wonder Girl's legs locked too? Or do they bend?

JeffBearCO

madmarva
Apr 11, '14, 11:54 AM
I'm with you jds1911a1. I have the original Mego figures and as much as I like them, I'd like improved product.

I understand why some want exact replicas, and that is the route FTC is taking. I just hope once the company is finished with retro mego, it's ready to produce modern figures in 8" scale with removable clothing that takes advantage of better design, better sculpting and more accurate depictions of the characters.

Ivaniski
Apr 11, '14, 12:36 PM
I'm with you jds1911a1. I have the original Mego figures and as much as I like them, I'd like improved product.

I understand why some want exact replicas, and that is the route FTC is taking. I just hope once the company is finished with retro mego, it's ready to produce modern figures in 8" scale with removable clothing that takes advantage of better design, better sculpting and more accurate depictions of the characters.

I agree with you madmarva and jds1911a1, being that FTC possess the DC license...They should also make more "Comic book" picture accurate figures with better sculpts and depictions. This way you could satisfy those that want the Mego look, and those that want that "Bit more" of a modern look. I never was a fan of how Mego made the heads of the majority of their female figures (Big fore-heads). Incidentally, Wonder Girl not having more articulation...In this day and age, is a "Big no no" in my book. :no:

lilbrosj66
Apr 11, '14, 12:37 PM
Overall I'm pretty impressed but I do hope that the picture of WG isn't the final product. Hair is too short and I'm not sure what is going on with the head/neck area but she looks a bit "off" to me. Regardless, I have mine on order. And with the news of all the other figures coming out, I hear the sound of money being sucked out of my wallet on a regular basis.

drogge
Apr 12, '14, 4:21 PM
WG looks off, the necklace is thicker and the hair is shorter, could just be the absence of the plastic head wrap. I never saw or even owned the rest of the TT group. These are truly exciting times, I just hope there is enough fan boys to keep this line alive for years to come.

Mego Milk
Apr 13, '14, 11:40 AM
need Beast Boy.

dr_cyclops
Apr 13, '14, 12:01 PM
Wow! Who wouldn't be happy to see these on a toy shelf?:grin:
FTC, Thank you for the ReMego, and all the pieces and parts to come.:yes:

bobws
Apr 14, '14, 9:22 PM
They could always Fix Speedy and Wonder Girl by making 8" versions of all the first wave Teen Titans Characters looking like the Artwork they used.
Since they are making 8" New Teen titans and Nightwing hopefully they can make 8" versions of the original 4 as well.

pmwasson
Apr 14, '14, 11:42 PM
They could always Fix Speedy and Wonder Girl by making 8" versions of all the first wave Teen Titans Characters looking like the Artwork they used.
Since they are making 8" New Teen titans and Nightwing hopefully they can make 8" versions of the original 4 as well.

That would be pretty cool! Good idea.

jeffbearco
Apr 15, '14, 8:52 AM
Do we know if the new Teen Titans figures will be 8" adult or 7" teen bodies?

I'd actually love to get them all in the 8" adult bodies, especially with updated costumes and females with elbows.

JeffBearCO

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 17, '14, 9:07 AM
Was looking at Wondergirl, the head just looks off, the shape isn't slender enough and the hair is too short.

Now sure if the neck would accommodate this head, but if so, I think this head would look much better on the figure - http://www.classictvtoys.com/femaleblackrootedhairrotomolded8inchhead.aspx

Thoughts?

madmarva
Apr 17, '14, 9:34 AM
^i agree the generic head would look better, but the Wonder girl is made to duplicate the mego version of the figure and while it's not as spot on as some of the other repros, it's close.

I hope FTC gets around to doing a Wonder Girl on an 8-inch figure with jointed elbows, using the generic brunette head or one sculpted more like the comic version.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 17, '14, 9:50 AM
^i agree the generic head would look better, but the Wonder girl is made to duplicate the mego version of the figure and while it's not as spot on as some of the other repros, it's close.

I hope FTC gets around to doing a Wonder Girl on an 8-inch figure with jointed elbows, using the generic brunette head or one sculpted more like the comic version.

Agreed, they were shooting for Mego, which is what they should be. I might try the swap on mine and see how it works.

lilbrosj66
Apr 19, '14, 11:14 PM

I agree. I have seen those and not until you mentioned that did I see the resemblance. Assuming that is the final product we are seeing, I'm going to be taking her out of her packaging and doing everything I can with the steamer and boiling water to flatten and lengthen her hair. It looks way way way too short. I get that FTC is trying their best to stay true to the originals but WG's hair should be much longer than that and I know the one I had when I was a kid was longer that what is shown.

megozilla13
Apr 20, '14, 9:51 AM
If you take the the Wondergirl outfit off and put in on a Zica Ivonne body, I think that would make a perfect Wondergirl figure. The FTC one looks odd to me, like a 6 year old with boobies.
The rest are nice although they look as of lesser quality than the originals.

mikej

scott metzger
Apr 22, '14, 2:05 PM
Has FTC confirmed that the NTT are going to be 8"? It's going to look really odd to have K Flash, Speedy and WG being so much shorter than Nightwing and company, but you can't make somebody like Cyborg, who was easily 6 foot, on a 7" body. You'd almost have to make a second version of the above three or have two incompatible sets. Not that I'd object to them doing that; a full sized Mego Speedy in the NTT George Perez costume would be worth a second purchase in and of himself.

Mego Milk
Apr 22, '14, 4:07 PM
Beast Boy.

jeffbearco
Apr 23, '14, 9:28 AM
I am definitely going to hold off until I see what the second wave of Teen Titans looks like.

Personally I'd like to see them redo the original 4 plus Robin in 8" format in George Perez costumes. I'd actually be more than OK to see them just repackage Robin from the 66 line using costume and head sculpt with different packaging for Teen Titans. Then use the same head with a different mask and costume for Nightwing.

Still very eager to see what they do with Cyborg and Kory! I have a lot of hope for the Teen Titans line. But still holding off until I see what they do with at least these 2.

JeffBearCO

monitor_ep
Apr 23, '14, 3:07 PM
Ok I just got in that the Wave 2 Teen Titans will be in 8 inch style.

jeffbearco
Apr 23, '14, 4:48 PM
That makes me VERY HAPPY!

JeffBearCO

william shatners toupee
May 9, '14, 5:06 PM
I agree I would want the 7" Titans remade as 8" figures later on. I would actually want an 8" Wondergirl, Kid Flash, Speedy, and Aqualad as a pretty high priority. This is not to say I won't buy the 7". To me that's just them younger.

melkorjunior
May 9, '14, 5:38 PM
Hopefully the 8" Titans will have a resculpted Wonder Girl without the baby face. I never had Mego Titans as a kid--I was completely unfamiliar with the characters so I probably would have passed them by in the store. (I had Robin but I knew him from the Batman TV show.) Looking at these pictures now, Kid Flash is pretty nice, and Speedy would be cool with a corrected outfit. I never much liked Aquaman so Aqualad wouldn't be a purchase for me. If I can find some way of getting a Robin outfit together that fits the 7" Titan body, I might pick up a Kid Flash and Speedy to go with him.

melkorjunior
May 9, '14, 5:43 PM
Just read back in the thread and saw that a 7" Robin is apparently on the way. Good. But I think I might use the head from the '66 figure--it's just so much cooler than the standard Robin head.

MIB41
May 10, '14, 5:49 AM
This will be an interesting dilemma since all future series will not be compatible with series one. Maybe it would have been a better idea to forgo the smaller scale and make them all eight inch? I think it would allow them to stand apart from the vintage line while embracing the new characters they're adding.

fatsal
May 10, '14, 10:01 AM
Possibly MIB41, but there is a large contingent of folks who want their near-exact reproductions too. For the era they represent, the original Titans should be 7-inchers. That said, with the announcement of 8" Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven and Starfire, I'd have to think that a follow-up wave would be in order with 8" Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy (with correct pants) and Changeling/Beast Boy. Personally, I'd be fine with owning multiple versions of these characters, especially if they correct some of the Mego shortcomings in the process (Speedy's pants, Wondy's headsculpt).

fatsal
May 10, '14, 10:04 AM
Just read back in the thread and saw that a 7" Robin is apparently on the way. Good. But I think I might use the head from the '66 figure--it's just so much cooler than the standard Robin head.

I wonder if the 7" Robin is the Neal Adams version we've heard rumors of, or just a scaled down version of the original Mego. I'm hoping for the former, but the latter would make a certain retro-sense too. If it is an "Adams" sculpt, are there any potential issues with swapping a 7" head onto an 8" body?

ovenmitt
May 10, '14, 12:17 PM
I am so relieved that TT 2 will be 8"! 1980s Titans Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven were in their LATE teens and should be taller than 7" Series 1 TT!

I would eventually like 8" Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Speedy (with pants!) and 7" Beast Boy/Changeling since he was younger and shorter than other Titans!

fatsal
May 11, '14, 12:55 PM
... 7" Beast Boy/Changeling since he was younger and shorter than other Titans!

Very true, I forgot about that. With an alternate costume, mask, boots and gloves, a 7" Beast Boy/Changeling could fit in with either Titans lineup. Does FTC stay true to Mego-style and give Beastie a green head on a flesh body, or do it up right on an all-green body?