X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Mego Meet and Kids

So, I know some of you bring your kids to the Meet. Are you bringing kids? How does that work in practice? How kid-friendly is the Meet?

In my case, things are slightly more complicated... since my son's 6th birthday is June 8th. As much as I'd like to attend, I really don't want him to feel like an afterthought on his special birthday weekend. We've talked about it a bit and he says he'd like to "go to daddy's dude show"... but he doesn't really understand what he is agreeing to.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Bring him along... The both of you won't be disappointed. Last year the kids had a great time at the pool... And there is a Kids custom kit bash contest every year that the vendors go out og the way to help them with their creativity... And with prizes.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

We've always welcomed kids. There is even a kid's custom contest.

Each kid is going to get a goody bag this year, there will also be kids door prizes. Steve Moore has generously donated something very cool.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

My son's school doesn't let out until the next week. He'd freaking love it, though I admit some time away on my own sounds nice...
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

It's really as kid-friendly as you make it. My boys have been there twice and will be coming again this year. They only hang at the meet for a bit. Luckily my wife plans a bunch of other stuff for them to do.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MegoScott
            My son's school doesn't let out until the next week. He'd freaking love it, though I admit some time away on my own sounds nice...
            That's the reason I don't bring mine, a) they're in school and b) Megomeet is a vacation for Dad. It's not like my wife takes them on her golf jaunts.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I only attended briefly last year, but it seemed very family friendly (and friendly in general) to me.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by MegoScott
                My son's school doesn't let out until the week after Mego Meet also. He's just played hooky the past few years, but I would selfishly be happy if Mego Meet moved back a week.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I do appreciate the advice, guys. My son will still be in school too, so this trip would involve him playing hooky too... or I guess leaving right after school and getting in late on Friday night. Probably need to think about that some more.

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

ITS VERY KID AND FAMILY FRIENDLY. I usually bring a couple things for the kids.

Comment

• AcroRay
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 17, 2005

My two daughters will be there (12 & 15). They always have a blast and love hanging out with other kids there, too.
                      Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                      AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                      The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                      Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

I'll be doing free sketches for any kids that are there!

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I have been putting off posting a follow up... (as if somehow admitting it makes it all more real...) but turns out that not only is the boy still in school, there is a big "thing" going on at school that he can't miss. So we're not going to be able to make it to the Meet this year.

To say the least, I am extremely disappointed things didn't work out. Hopefully, next year...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎