X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • critter2
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 2, 2005

Enterprise

I've been catching the reruns of this Star Trek series on Sci Fi for the past couple of months. Can anyone tell me how many seasons this ran?
    Has anyone made any 8" customs from the show?
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

4 Seasons, 98 episodes total I believe. A touch shy of the magical 100 usually desired for syndication, but close enough, especially since it is Star Trek.

I actually enjoyed this show more than any other Trek series after TNG, but I am in the vast minority with that opinion.

Comment

• JDeRouen
      Author of Small Things
      • Jun 14, 2001

I enjoyed it as well.
      --
      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Unfortunately, by the time Enterprise came out, Playmates had pulled out of making Star Trek toys, and McFarlane took over. I never liked these. McFarlane figures look like the belong in a horror museum to me. I did like the first season of Enterprise, but once they started fighting the same foes week after week, (Xindi), I lost interest.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

Enterprise on its own is a great show (although I too found the Xindi thing boring and forced). Problem is it was suppossed to fit into stablished Trek history, which it did a very poor job of doing. This angered many Trek fans, and left Enterprise as a sort of unwanted step child.
          I personally used to accept it as an alternate Trek history, the results of the TNG crew tampering with history in First Contact.
          Otherwise, its a fun show, and I for one, thought the final fourth season was the best season of TV Trek since the original series itself! (green animal women, T'pol in a mini....now thats good tv!!)
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• draconianguard
            #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
            • Mar 12, 2004

In the pilot, it starts off with a Klingon with dark skin, ridges, sharp teeth, long hair and speaking the Klingon language. That right there ruined the continuity of the Trek franchise. I hate the idea of prequels in a sci-fi series. This was supposed to be 100 years before TOS but had better technology and effects. Andorians now have antennas that move. The characters lacked charisma. I tried watching it, but gave up. I watched the episode that explains he Klingon head ridges. Absolutely pathetic. I'm mad I missed the Borg episode. I'm sure it was hilarious.
            Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I hate Enterprise...

My worst hated Trek spin-off.......

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

It had it's moments. Season Four was a vast improvement over the rest of the series.I was alittle disappointed that Sci-Fi didn't pick up this series and run with it.

Comment

• Captain Dunsel
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 31, 2001

Originally posted by Captain
                  I for one, thought the final fourth season was the best season of TV Trek since the original series itself! (green animal women, T'pol in a mini....now thats good tv!!)
                  You said it, Captain (although I was disappointed in their version of the Gorn) ... all the TOS tie-ins were fun in the last season. It's sad that the producers couln't have figured out the right recipe earlier in the show's life--I look at "Enterprise" as squandered potential.
                  Mego Madhouse

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Good to see you in the new neighborhood James!

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>That right there ruined the continuity of the Trek franchise. I hate the idea of prequels in a sci-fi series.

I really hated Enterprise too; for much the same reasons. Within the first ten minutes they'd dismantled a considerable amount of Trek history. A shame, 'cos it's the history that MAKES Trek... the idea that you're watching a small part of history with each series. Plyus, there really wasn't anything in the series that couldn't have been done with a show set in LATER continuity.

I'd heard that the guys in charge HATED the original, and the show was supposed to override established continuity. The reason season four was so different was 'cos of a new guy they brought in who loved the original and wanted to realign the show with it.

>This was supposed to be 100 years before TOS but had better technology and effects.

That happens all the time....

>Andorians now have antennas that move.

I was impressed they still had antennas, and were blue. Making them wiggle wasn't a big deal for me.

>The characters lacked charisma.

Not when they were the cast of "Perry Rhodan."

Not that I think the Enterprise guys ripped off Rhodan (although the Enterprise looked a LOT like the Glador...) but they were falling back to older character templates. like the ones around when Perry Rhodan started. (Back in the 60's.)

Don C.

Comment

• critter2
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 2, 2005

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to know it made for more than one year.
                        I figured there would be people who disliked it for various reasons. I respect that. Personaly, I find it refreshing, mainly because it seems less flashy and complicated as some of the other spin offs.
                        Thanks again for the info

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, watched the first few episodes and gave up. I was excited for this but it looked more connected to TNG (something I don't care for) than TOS.

By the fourth season, I heard so much good buzz that I started watching again. Some really great stuff there, like discovering the Orion Slave Girls are really the ones in charge.

I kind of wished that UPN had gone with the Captain Sulu project they toyed with, basing it after the movies, I think it would have been more popular. You could have played with continuity and technology as well because that's kind of a gray period.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

I've been watching this series on DVD from BBuster. Some of the episodes are fun stuff. The Borg one was good, setting up what will happen to Picard and Co. in a couple hundred years, and the explaination of the different Klingons.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Dave Mc
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 20, 2002

I stopped watching this after the first season. Just found it boring and thought it changed too many rules. Also hated the idea of the first Enterprise Captain being Archer. First trek series I didn't watch all the way through.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎