X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rjm118
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 25, 2012

Anyone know how sales are going?

Just curious, they must be doing fairly well to be releasing wave after wave....
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Good question, I think a couple of the KISS waves have sold out but haven't seen anything on the superhero figures. I would think the first Batman Wave was a strong seller and the next BM wave as well as the Titans and Batman 66 will all sell well.

Comment

• m0redaniel
      Goblin enthusiast
      • Jan 14, 2014

I really hope they succeed. I never got to experience Megos in the '70s and this is like Christmas for me with all the incoming waves.
      Known to occasionally brush shoulders with 8 inch goblins

Comment

• GoldBlade6
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 30, 2007

Megos in the 70's were like $1.97 or less. $24.99+ is a bit steep for the quality of these current releases. I really want to want them, but they all seem not as impressive as the originals - the costume quality, especially.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by GoldBlade6
          Megos in the 70's were like $1.97 or less. $24.99+ is a bit steep for the quality of these current releases. I really want to want them, but they all seem not as impressive as the originals - the costume quality, especially.
          Have you bought any of the figures yet? The Joker's costume in particular is stunning. IMO the costumes in the first two Batman waves are easily better than the originals. It's the bodies that aren't up to the originals, but those can be easily changed.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Considering dealers are asking $30+ on both Ebay and Amazon,I would imagine they must being doing quite well.

Comment

• m0redaniel
              Goblin enthusiast
              • Jan 14, 2014

They're 34.99 in Canada, in my local comic book shop there was only one Joker and Riddler left, which I snagged
              Known to occasionally brush shoulders with 8 inch goblins

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

BTW not sure how significant this is but BBTS is showing that Robin and Catwoman are sold out, and Batgirl preorders are sold out on their site.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Sales are quite strong, better than expected. If you want to pay retail for wave 1, better get it soon. FTC is almost sold out, and the others are moving just as quickly. I estimate there are less than 40 of any of the two-packs remaining.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    Sales are quite strong, better than expected. If you want to pay retail for wave 1, better get it soon. FTC is almost sold out, and the others are moving just as quickly. I estimate there are less than 40 of any of the two-packs remaining.
                    Excellent news! Any word on sales for Wave 2? Felt it was a weak wave with Bruce and Dick, think Wave 3 will be a strong seller.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      Excellent news! Any word on sales for Wave 2? Felt it was a weak wave with Bruce and Dick, think Wave 3 will be a strong seller.
                      Wave 2 was interesting. I had planned on skipping Bruce and Dick, but seeing the Alfred prototype changed that for me. I know he doesn't quite have the "Mego" look in the head sculpt, but after seeing Alfred, shortly after, I bought Bruce and Dick. I wonder how many others did the same.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        Wave 2 was interesting. I had planned on skipping Bruce and Dick, but seeing the Alfred prototype changed that for me. I know he doesn't quite have the "Mego" look in the head sculpt, but after seeing Alfred, shortly after, I bought Bruce and Dick. I wonder how many others did the same.
                        I'm a bit surprised that Bruce and Dick weren't in Wave 4 with Alfred, it seemed more logical, at least to me. The introduction of Alfred and Gordon has me wondering/hoping if we'll eventually see an Alter Egos Barbara Gordon figure.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎