PDA

View Full Version : FTC Superman a go!

silveralex
Mar 18, '14, 11:28 AM
Apologies if this was already posted, but FTC just posted confirmation they have a Superman figure on the way.
Their facebook page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/figurestoycompany

I know it was pretty much assumed, but this is official-like ! :)

samurainoir
Mar 18, '14, 11:57 AM
Pink Brainiac please!

monitor_ep
Mar 18, '14, 12:19 PM
Well I guess since they revealed this I can say they are going to release Supergirl also.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 18, '14, 12:36 PM
Cannot wait! About time for some new figure pics from FTC.

Brown Bear
Mar 18, '14, 2:24 PM
Me want Bizarro number one

ovenmitt
Mar 18, '14, 2:46 PM
monitor ep

Clark Kent and Mr Mxyzptlk, too? The 4 Mego Superman characters would make a super wave!

monitor_ep
Mar 18, '14, 4:01 PM
You can make a Clark Kent from the website already just like the Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson but yeah they are going to release him.

dr_cyclops
Mar 18, '14, 10:05 PM
More, more, more. How do you like it, how do you like it? More, more, more!:smiley1:

fallensaviour
Mar 18, '14, 10:35 PM
Now that they secured this it would also be awesome to have a George reeves supes just to put along side Adam west bats.
But this will for sure make me happier than a pig in sh....Well you know the rest.

samurainoir
Mar 19, '14, 2:29 AM
so potential repros... Superman, Supergirl, Clark Kent and Myx in the Superman Family.

The Bat
Mar 19, '14, 4:13 PM
YES!! I don't have a mint Mego Superman...but I will now!:hokay:

thunderbolt
Mar 19, '14, 4:51 PM
blecch just say no to Mxy. I would much rather see a Brainiac or Jimmy Olsen replace him.

PNGwynne
Mar 19, '14, 5:10 PM
I think it's a given they will do Mxy--though this is one figure I'd recommend revising onto a child-style body. You'd not have to alter the head, just resize the costume.

Do you think they should release all four vintage Mego Superman figures in one wave? I'd rather see FTC split them up and add in new figures: Lois, Jimmy, Brainiac, Bizarro, perhaps Toyman, Metallo, Jor-El, etc.

thunderbolt
Mar 19, '14, 5:23 PM
A revamped Mxy would be ok, I just think a straight repro would go over as well as he did originally.

PNGwynne
Mar 19, '14, 5:30 PM
I think I am in the minority in liking Mxy, but I will agree that the Mego version is off-model.

I get that FTC is doing straight repros, but a Mxy "revision" at the gate seems smart to me and they should in fact add a corresponding Bat-Mite.

thunderbolt
Mar 19, '14, 5:31 PM
EMCE had the sense to redo the Gorn, so this would be the perfect opportunity for FTC to strike with a redo, too.

PNGwynne
Mar 19, '14, 5:39 PM
^Good point--esp. since, as I said, it is not really a question of new tooling, but of resizing the suit. In fact, if they wanted to add molded boots in stead of sewn ones, they could easily adapt Titans boots.

fallensaviour
Mar 19, '14, 5:53 PM
Child body would be more accurate for Mxy but Id even settle for a teen titan body on him.
Anything to make him just a tad smaller.

enyawd72
Mar 19, '14, 5:55 PM
Personally, I can't wait for the little imp! Wish they'd use him in a movie. I'm so sick of Luthor, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Luthor.

The fact that Superman has had six feature films and we still haven't seen a trace of Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, etc. blows my mind.

ovenmitt
Mar 19, '14, 6:22 PM
I want exact repros 1st of all original Mego DC!

Knock out all 4 Mego Superman characters in 1 wave

Superman
Clark Kent
Supergirl
Mr Mxyzptlk- 2nd head!

Then

Lois
Luthor
Brainiac
Bizarro
Jimmy
Perry
Jor-El
Lara w/ baby Kal-El
Toyman
Metallo
Parasite
Zod

Superboy w/Krypto to anchor Legion of Super Heroes 7" line!

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 19, '14, 6:33 PM
1st wave:
Superman
Supergirl
Luthor (purple suit)
Mxy

2nd wave:
Clark Kent
Lois
Brainiac
Toyman

3rd wave:
Perry White
Jimmy Olsen
Bizarro
Luthor (business suit)

4th wave:
Ma Kent
Pa Kent
Jor-El
Lara

As overmitt said, exact repros of all figures already created esp mxy.

Ivaniski
Mar 19, '14, 7:22 PM
Personally, I can't wait for the little imp! Wish they'd use him in a movie. I'm so sick of Luthor, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Zod, Luthor, Zod, Luthor, Luthor.

The fact that Superman has had six feature films and we still haven't seen a trace of Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, etc. blows my mind.

I agree 1000% with you. However, I'm hearing rumors that Lex Luthor will be in the next Man of Steel installment. :please_y:

It's a shame the Superman cartoons have more of a variety of villians and more action overall........Go Figure (no pun).

madmarva
Mar 19, '14, 9:06 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/madmarva/null_zps6f32fde1.jpg

I'd love to see some other villains Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, Galactic Golem, atomic Skull, Master Jailer, Sand Superman

ovenmitt
Mar 19, '14, 9:25 PM
I forgot Sand Superman villain created in 1970s when Superman lost half his power and became immune to kryptonite! Classic Neal Adams cover "Kryptonite No More!" with Superman breaking kryptonite chains! Clark Kent became a TV newsman, too! How could Clark leave On Air TV to change to Superman to help sudden emergencies?

The Bat
Mar 19, '14, 9:32 PM
I think I am in the minority in liking Mxy, but I will agree that the Mego version is off-model.

I get that FTC is doing straight repros, but a Mxy "revision" at the gate seems smart to me and they should in fact add a corresponding Bat-Mite.

Mxy is one of the WORSE Mego figures ever produced! And Bat-Mite...oh, god ...please NO!!!:ugh_y:

dr_cyclops
Mar 19, '14, 9:52 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/madmarva/null_zps6f32fde1.jpg

I'd love to see some other villains Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, Galactic Golem, atomic Skull, Master Jailer, Sand SupermanThat is the best Mxyz Mego style design I've seen!

Ivaniski
Mar 19, '14, 9:58 PM
This Mxyz is keeping true to form from the comics,,,,,,in Laments terms......you "Nailed it."

Operation:Mego
Mar 20, '14, 12:46 AM
More, more, more. How do you like it, how do you like it? More, more, more!:smiley1:

:dance1::dance1::dance1::dance1::dance1::dance1::d ance1::dance1::dance1::dance1::dance1::dance1::dan ce1::dance1::dance1::dance1:

PNGwynne
Mar 20, '14, 1:18 AM
Mxy is one of the WORSE Mego figures ever produced! And Bat-Mite...oh, god ...please NO!!!:ugh_y:

Possibly, which is why some of us were discussing a FTC revision of Mxy.

Regarding Bat-Mite, why not? You'll likely be getting a Bronze-Age Batman and Ra's al Ghul from FTC, and if the line continues sufficiently, more diverse characters can be added.

I don't want Bat-Mite or Killer Moth before other more notable characters, but Batman's history is diverse. It has always acknowledged the supernatural & sci-fi, and Bat-Mite is a fun reminder of Batman in the '50s.

All I'm suggesting is a possible companion figure to a smaller Mxy--an Easter Egg of sorts.

thunderbolt
Mar 20, '14, 2:46 AM
its no rumor, he's been cast already.

I agree 1000% with you. However, I'm hearing rumors that Lex Luthor will be in the next Man of Steel installment. :please_y:

It's a shame the Superman cartoons have more of a variety of villians and more action overall........Go Figure (no pun).

monitor_ep
Mar 20, '14, 4:01 PM
I just got confirmation that the fourth figure is Mxy and he will be on a child size body. So here is Superman wave one:
*Superman
*Clark Kent (a figure you could buy at anytime on CTVT)
*Supergirl
*Mxy (new figure)

jeffbearco
Mar 20, '14, 4:25 PM
I really don't see the need to buy an exact reproduction of a figure I already have.

I have an original Mego Batman and Robin. I have an original Mego Superman.

I may get the 66 Batman and Robin because they show a good improvement over the original Megos. But unless they do a Christopher Reeve version of Superman, I really don't see the point. I'd also like to see a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman.

If they did a specially packaged version that included the secret identity clothes and an improved removable mask, I'd be tempted. For now, I'm probably going to wait until I see figures that I haven't already seen before I pull the trigger on starting a new collection. I've seen Myx. I've seen Lex now from Matel. Show me a Metallo figure with a metal painted body. Maybe a Braniac that doesn't look lame.

I guess I've also lost a LOT of trust in starting to collect new lines and then have them cancelled just as I really get excited about them.

And my own worst Mego Pet Peeve? Why the hell does Batman not come with a batarang? Why isn't there a Mego scale utility belt that has a clip on batarang on the back? It generally ****es me off.

JeffBearCO

thunderbolt
Mar 20, '14, 4:37 PM
great news about Mxy.

ovenmitt
Mar 20, '14, 5:38 PM
monitor ep

Thanks for confirmation! My dream Superman wave! New Mxyzptlk! Will he have Mego head 2nd version?

That leaves Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Shazam as remaining original Mego DC figures left, will they be in a wave together?

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 20, '14, 5:44 PM
I just got confirmation that the fourth figure is Mxy and he will be on a child size body. So here is Superman wave one:
*Superman
*Clark Kent (a figure you could buy at anytime on CTVT)
*Supergirl
*Mxy (new figure)

Who did you get confirmation from?

ovenmitt
Mar 20, '14, 5:50 PM
and is FTC acquiring any NEW licenses? Still hoping for Marvel!

monitor_ep
Mar 20, '14, 6:17 PM
From FTC.

ovenmitt
Mar 20, '14, 6:24 PM
What other FTC news can you share?

drogge
Mar 20, '14, 6:43 PM
So is Superman going to be like Batman, in the sense we get several assorted series? That would actually be great there several great characters to release like Brainiac, Metallo, Bizarro, and Lois Lane, and so much more....

dr_cyclops
Mar 20, '14, 9:55 PM
From FTC.That's what I thought you meant when you said "you got confirmation".:yes:
This is wonderful news! "Mr. Mxyzptlk", as he should have been done. I hope he has purple gloved hands and plastic boots. Wow, this is a great call on FTC part!:yeah:

PNGwynne
Mar 23, '14, 9:21 PM
That leaves Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Shazam as remaining original Mego DC figures left, will they be in a wave together?

Good grief, I hope not--that'd be a waste of a lot of potential spin-offs if they crammed the rest into one wave.

Megotu
Mar 28, '14, 3:52 PM
Well Aquaman could have HIS wave...
Artie, Aqualad as a full size like Robin, Mera, and the jerk with the octopus hat.
Wonder Woman, Steve, Cheetah, and wonder Girl full size.
Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, Capt Marvel Jr and Black Adam
Green Arrow, Speedy full size, Black Canary and ...I am drawing a blank on his villains...

bobws
Mar 29, '14, 9:26 AM
Merlin ...Color all Green Arrow Black except his skin and you have Merlin.
Count Vertigo would be cool.

monitor_ep
Mar 29, '14, 12:42 PM
This is just a "guess" on what I would like to see released:

Wonder Woman wave:
Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor, Nubia, Cheetah with hair

Shazam wave:
Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, teen-size Captain Marvel Jr., Teen-size Sivana

Aquaman wave:
Aquaman, Mera, Ocean Master, Fisherman

Green Lantern Wave:
GL Hal Jordan, GL John Stewart, Sinestro, Star Sappire

Green Arrow wave:
Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Black Canary, Merlyn

Brown Bear
Mar 29, '14, 2:44 PM
I'd donate my left nut for a Solomon Grundy on a white Hulk body.

TomStrong
Mar 29, '14, 2:51 PM

The world is not yet ready for a testicle based economy. . .

sprytel
Mar 29, '14, 3:12 PM

Congratulations... you just won the internet.

Megotu
Mar 29, '14, 4:02 PM
Grundy, Darkseid, Lobo, and Kalibak are all part of the Big Men line-up. The Hulk torso with long legs.

kerowack
Mar 29, '14, 8:36 PM

Now my iced tea is all over my shirt.......

TomStrong
Mar 29, '14, 8:47 PM

That truly would be an awesome figure. I think they already sell most of the parts, they would just need the new head sculpt. Would love a Dr. Fate also

The Bat
Mar 29, '14, 10:48 PM
Pictures please FTC!!:please_y: I need SUPERMAN!!:yes: