PDA

View Full Version : What other Heroes do want to see from FTC?

bobws
Mar 10, '14, 2:15 PM
Ok, i'm being picky. Do not include the following as these will probably be announced sometime anyways.
Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Captain Marvel aka Shazam.

So leaving those out and knowing Green Lantern Flash and Hawkman are coming soon and don't list Teen Titans,
who are your next 4 hero Must haves.

Firestorm
Red Tornado
Hawkgirl
Black Canary

Let the dicussion begin....

jayraytee
Mar 10, '14, 3:05 PM
Dr Fate
Blue Beetle
The Spectre
Martian Manhunter

Wise4671
Mar 10, '14, 3:18 PM
Apache Chief
Black Valcun
Zan
Jayna
(Either one can come with Gleek :-) )

jwyblejr
Mar 10, '14, 3:32 PM
Gotta have bad guys. So other than whoever will be listed for Batman or Superman I'll go with some others.
Deadshot(Hey,he's the main bad guy on Arrow)
Abra Kadabra(Everyone else will list Reverse Flash or Captain Cold for a Flash baddie)
Dr. Polaris(If they can get that funky headgear of his right)
Dr. Light I (He's the punching bag of all superheroes)

madmarva
Mar 10, '14, 3:44 PM
^ like your choices

GA GL
GA Flash
Dr. Fate
Spectre

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 10, '14, 4:04 PM
Go dig out DC's original Who's Who, and there you will find all my answers.:wink:

Chris

JediJaida
Mar 10, '14, 5:57 PM
Black Canary
Huntress
Batwoman
Zatanna

Brown Bear
Mar 10, '14, 7:15 PM
Three words: Sue - Per - Friends!!!!

jds1911a1
Mar 10, '14, 8:59 PM
Blue and Gold Baby Booster Gold and Blue Beetle Ted Kord

I want some golden age / earth 2 heroes
GA GL
GA Flash
Commander Steel

ovenmitt
Mar 10, '14, 9:25 PM
Remaining Satellite JLA!

Atom
Black Canary
Martian Manhunter
Hawkgirl
Elongated Man
Firestorm
Red Tornado
Zatanna

Golden Age JSA

Atom
Flash
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Dr Fate
Spectre
Dr Midnight
Hourman
Sandman
Starman
Wildcat
Mr Terrific
Johnny Thunder w/ Thunderbolt
Ma Hunkel Red Tornado

torgospizza
Mar 11, '14, 1:02 AM
Well, I'm already ecstatic they're making Solomon Kane, King Kull, and Tarzan's son Korak (Teen Titans scale). Beyond those, I'd really only want Hourman, The Spectre, and maybe Nightwing (Van-Zee)and Flamebird (Ak-Var). Starman (Will Payton) and Mike Grell's Warlord would be cool, too.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Arion and Arak would both be awesome to have. Maybe Arion's friend Wyynde, too.

HardyGirl
Mar 11, '14, 2:00 AM
Yep, that's what I want! I would love the TV version of the Green Hornet, although I know that's not possible. I even want Casey! And also 70s Land Of The Lost would be COOL!

Three words: Sue - Per - Friends!!!!

Chris
Mar 11, '14, 7:04 AM
Vigilante (the guy with the ski mask). I'm sure they would sell a total 2 of these.

JediJaida
Mar 11, '14, 7:42 AM
What about Arion's wife?

Wasn't her name Lady Chian, or something?

She'd make an excellent addition to the line.

jayraytee
Mar 11, '14, 9:27 AM
Miracle Man, Swamp Thing, Dead Man or red Tornado might be cool

Werewolf
Mar 11, '14, 3:40 PM
Lone Ranger
Zorro
Flash Gordon

jds1911a1
Mar 11, '14, 5:06 PM
Chris
I'd be a third I liked the 80's baxter paper Adrian Chase Vigilante from DC

smonte00
Mar 11, '14, 5:27 PM
How about a Braniac, Bizarro, Mr. Freeze and Power Girl?

kisstour03
Mar 11, '14, 9:40 PM
Plastic Man
Johnny Thunder
Dr. Mid Nite
Black Canary

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Mar 12, '14, 2:03 AM
What would be great is if Figures could provide a few options for sculpts (like 2-3 each for the Green Lantern, Hawkman and Flash wave) and the fans get to vote on which they like best.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 12, '14, 7:45 AM
FTC is a business, so they will only produce figures that they believe will sell. A lot of the more obscure characters mentioned here won't make the cut due to lower desirability among collectors.

That said, if a character appeared on either Super Friends or as part of the Super Powers line, its chance of getting an FTC figures goes up dramatically. I could see one or two really obscure figures being produced in smaller numbers as web exclusives, but not too many.

jayraytee
Mar 12, '14, 8:44 AM
What would be great is if Figures could provide a few options for sculpts (like 2-3 each for the Green Lantern, Hawkman and Flash wave) and the fans get to vote on which they like best.

They would probably do well with just offering different heads for sale, if they offered different Green Lanturn heads... people would buy a figure to put them on. But, DC might not let them do anything like that.

rjm118
Mar 12, '14, 11:05 AM
Red Tornado and Black Canary are my absolute favorites to be made.

Would love them to get the rights to Arrow the series.

jeffbearco
Mar 12, '14, 2:50 PM
I'm actually ready to see the New 52 costumes done in Mego format. I think they have proven with the 66 Robin that you can get a LOT of detail in there.

I'd love to see them do the whole New 52 Justice League!

Other than that, I'd love to see them do more female characters. Wonder Woman has been dissed for far too long!

I'd also LOVE to see a line of Secret Identity figures packaged with the character in costume and a side panel with their civilian clothes. I think the technology is here now for removable masks better than the original Mego helmets. Even doing a 2 piece Batman or Flash mask that is in 2 pieces that snap together would look better than the helmet. Lets face it. These are really more for collectors than 5 year olds.

JeffBearCO

darkbros
Mar 12, '14, 7:40 PM
Finish the Legion of Doom:

Since we're getting Scarecrow in a wave already,
just release:

Bizarro
Toyman
Solomon Grundy
Gorilla Grodd

With the already on the market Riddler, Coming Soon Scarecrow, and Retro Mego Sinestro, Black Manta, Luthor and Captain Cold and Cheetah,
I'd be happy. :-)

For hereos, it would probably be easier to finish the super friends like Black Vulcan, Samurai, El Dorado, Firestorm, Plastic Man and Cyborg.

spiderman67
Apr 3, '14, 2:08 AM
Zatanna
Martian manhunter
Dr.Fate
Apache chief
Black Vulcan
Plastic man
Wildcat
Black Lightning
Samurai
El Dorado
Sgt. Rock
Atom

madmarva
Apr 3, '14, 6:42 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/madmarva/1b2294b48a9ff5d0b37688a936032f97_zpsaceaca1b.jpg
Saw this on FAcebook today. I had not seen the Proto for Green Arrow before. Is it a mego GA or a true prototype?

boss
Apr 3, '14, 7:14 PM
Mego GA.

zaphod
Apr 3, '14, 9:06 PM
Finish the Legion of Doom:

Since we're getting Scarecrow in a wave already,
just release:

Bizarro
Toyman
Solomon Grundy
Gorilla Grodd

With the already on the market Riddler, Coming Soon Scarecrow, and Retro Mego Sinestro, Black Manta, Luthor and Captain Cold and Cheetah,
I'd be happy. :-)

For hereos, it would probably be easier to finish the super friends like Black Vulcan, Samurai, El Dorado, Firestorm, Plastic Man and Cyborg.

Did you forget Gigantia and Brainiac? Those two would make 13.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 4, '14, 9:26 AM
Cannot wait to get that Green Arrow! GA and Thor were probably my two favorite Megos, both had great accessories.

PNGwynne
May 3, '14, 11:34 AM
Someone that I don't think has been mentioned--or at least often enough for me to recall--is the Helena Wayne "Huntress." There have been fantastic customs of her posted here, she seems popular.

Additionally, adding Bat-Family members to the FTC roster like Huntress & earth-Two adult Robin will allow FTC to do more foes as well.

monitor_ep
May 3, '14, 11:48 AM
To add to the Batman line-up I would like the Classic Batwoman & Bat-Girl.

madmarva
May 3, '14, 1:22 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/madmarva/IMG_1569.jpg

A Batman that looks something like this. Maybe more Adams than Bolland.

The Adam West boots gloves and cape and body suit would work with an new emblem and the mego belt.

thunderbolt
May 3, '14, 1:40 PM
I really want to see them take on some stuff outside DC eventually. Hellboy for one, maybe some other Darkhorse stuff like Capt. Midnight or Brainboy too.

PNGwynne
May 3, '14, 1:45 PM
I posted somewhere before that FTC might consider resizing/reusing the two 12' Mego Batman sculpts-the first is Adamsesque IMO & the second (magnetic) is stern, it might look cool in black.

I suppose I'm hoping they do their TT Robin with a 12"-9" shrink as well.

madmarva
May 3, '14, 1:53 PM
I really want to see them take on some stuff outside DC eventually. Hellboy for one, maybe some other Darkhorse stuff like Capt. Midnight or Brainboy too.

Those would be cool. I'd like to see Rocketeer, Airboy, Nexus, GrimJack Jon Sable.

Cartoon heroes like Space Ghost, BirdMan, blue Falcon, Johnny Quest, Herculoids, Thundar

Zorro, Lone Ranger and Tonto.

PNGwynne
May 3, '14, 1:56 PM
I'd love H-B reMegos.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
May 3, '14, 2:09 PM
The Five Gatchaman team members. Battle of the Planets.

powersthatbe
May 3, '14, 4:20 PM
for right now just sticking to DC I'd like
Black Lightning
Firestorm
Red Tornado
Black Canary
Earth 2 Robin
Paul Kirk Manhunter
Blue Beetle
Jonn Jonzz
Huntress
Booster Gold
DeathStroke
Captain Boomerang
Silver Age Metallo
Terra Man
The Shark
Solomon Grundy
Professor Zoom
Mister Miracle
Orion
LightRay
Weather Wizard
Trickster
The Top

melkorjunior
May 3, '14, 5:40 PM
Is Watchmen possible? Because I'd love to see them. Rorschach, Nite-Owl, Ozymandias...those guys would rock.

Since most of the big gun heroes aren't up for discussion, I would also add these obscure characters / remakes / villains:

Obscure characters:
Ragman - He'd look super creepy and cool on the shelf.
The Demon - Speaking of super creepy and cool
Sandman - The Sandman Mystery Theater version

Remakes:

Golden age Batman - The complete Bob Kane look, including the long, angled-out horns
Crime Syndicate - They're big right now because of DC's "Forever Evil" event. I think Ultraman and Owlman at least would sell very well, and maybe Johnny Quick, Super Woman, and Power Ring too.

Villains:
Dr. Sivana (Captain Marvel mad scientist bad guy)
Braniac - in his classic silver age look. Probably this has been mentioned by a dozen other posters, but that's because he's a classic.

And finally, here's one out of left field - The Wrath. He's a Batman doppelganger created for a one-shot comic in the early 1980's (Batman Special #1.) He was born on the same day as Bruce Wayne, but he was a poor kid whose parents were criminals. His parents were killed one night when he was just a child by a rookie cop (James Gordon!) He then devoted his life to ruthlessly battling the law, became an international terrorist and notorious cop-killer, and he wore an interesting take on Batman's outfit, in purple tones. Probably DC has retconned all of this, but he was an interesting character (designed by Michael Golden), who died at the end of his only appearance.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
May 3, '14, 6:36 PM
And finally, here's one out of left field - The Wrath. He's a Batman doppelganger created for a one-shot comic in the early 1980's (Batman Special #1.) He was born on the same day as Bruce Wayne, but he was a poor kid whose parents were criminals. His parents were killed one night when he was just a child by a rookie cop (James Gordon!) He then devoted his life to ruthlessly battling the law, became an international terrorist and notorious cop-killer, and he wore an interesting take on Batman's outfit, in purple tones. Probably DC has retconned all of this, but he was an interesting character (designed by Michael Golden), who died at the end of his only appearance.

I support this for obvious reasons :grin:

madmarva
May 8, '14, 1:37 PM
^i believe the Wrath showed up later with his own Robin doppelgänger.

While there are a ton of Bat villains I'd rather see first, I'd like to see a Harvey Bullock figure. A fat man in a rumpled suit would have to be a big seller, lol.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
May 8, '14, 3:35 PM
^i believe the Wrath showed up later with his own Robin doppelgänger.

While there are a ton of Bat villains I'd rather see first, I'd like to see a Harvey Bullock figure. A fat man in a rumpled suit would have to be a big seller, lol.

LOL! There are a lot of figures I'd like to see first, but yeah, I think eventually a Harvey figure would be nice!

fatsal
May 9, '14, 8:12 AM
As an unabashed Bat-fan, I must second the suggestion of the Helena Wayne Huntress. Earth-2 in the 70s & 80s was such a great concept, and she has definitely not gotten her due, figure-wise. Both Earth-2 Robins would also be high on my list (and relatively cheap/easy to do, I would think).

A potentially difficult figure from a sewing standpoint, but a must-have for me, is the Composite Superman. How can a half-Superman/half-Batman figure NOT sell in spades?

The Wrath is an excellent suggestion. True, he's not well-known (if at all) to the general public, but I remember reading that story as a kid and being struck by his design and origin. There are probably bigger names they should get to first, but The Wrath would be one of those nods to us geeks that lines like these tend to do once in while.

A lame character with an amazingly toyetic design, Killer Moth needs to be on the list at some point. Batgirl needs somebody to fight, after all.

madmarva
May 9, '14, 8:21 AM
^I'd buy everyone of them particularly the E2 Huntress and the Red/yellow long tights E2 Robin. I wish there were more love for the JSA on these threads. Spectre and Dr. Fate look too cool not to make.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/madmarva/Mobile%20Uploads/CC33FF9B-8B1C-4893-BCBB-C16BF77EAA1B_zpsdyiz7eim.jpg

fatsal
May 9, '14, 9:28 AM
If this image is any indication of where FTC wants to go (and as a composite job that looks like it took a lot of work, I think it might be), Spectre and Dr. Fate are at least on their radar. I'd have to think the Jay Garrick Flash, Alan Scott Green Lantern, Dr. Midnight and Wildcat would be likely candidates for figures as well. Here's hoping!

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1380232_689100731128138_122992995_n.jpg

jeffbearco
May 9, '14, 12:46 PM
If we are going to do Myx, I want Ambush Bug!

JeffBearCO

fallensaviour
May 9, '14, 4:45 PM
Would love to see FTC do other live action superheroes to go with the 66 batman figures.
The super heroes from "legend of the superheroes".
Hawk man
Flash
Green lantern
Captain marvel
And their evil counterparts.

kingdom warrior
May 9, '14, 4:52 PM
Metal men and the Doom Patrol all members!

william shatners toupee
May 9, '14, 5:09 PM
Huntress (Helena Wayne)
Hawkgirl (Earth 1)
Firestorm
Zatanna (Perez costume)
Caped purple Catwoman
8"Wondergirl, Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad
8" Timberwolf
8" Wildfire
8" Sunboy

thunderbolt
May 9, '14, 5:15 PM
THIS!! And George Reeves Supes!!

Would love to see FTC do other live action superheroes to go with the 66 batman figures.
The super heroes from "legend of the superheroes".
Hawk man
Flash
Green lantern
Captain marvel
And their evil counterparts.

PNGwynne
May 9, '14, 5:16 PM
... the Doom Patrol all members!

Oh, to have the classic DP team as reMegos--that's the stuff dreams are made of!