X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Mego Klingon

I see a ton of these moc on ebay. Why were soo many of them made? Were they they cheapest figure to produce? I would have thought Kirk and Spock would be more plentiful but no, the klingon is.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I always wondered the same thing,I'm guessing it's because he was the only bad guy in the first series,and they thought he was going to sell a lot since every kid wants a bad guy.

that and the fact that they discovered all those cases in the 80's
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Evel KMego
      Museum Daredevil
      • Apr 26, 2006

Yep, a big warehouse find of case fresh Klingons I thought it was early 90's, but it may have been 80's (the experts around can give ya exact details). Anyhow, that's why they're so plentiful now. I don't think they made more back in the day, just more survived!

Comment

• monkey tennis
        "Kiss my face."
        • Jun 8, 2007

That's what I heard, someone found a case or 2. I think the Klingon was rare before that.
        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Evel KMego
          Yep, a big warehouse find of case fresh Klingons I thought it was early 90's, but it may have been 80's (the experts around can give ya exact details). Anyhow, that's why they're so plentiful now. I don't think they made more back in the day, just more survived!
          Does anyone here have any more info on the warehouse find? I am interested to learn more. Thanks.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

This eBay seller must have more than one case since he sells sealed cases and "case fresh" Klingons. Case o' Klingons
            Scott

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

The find was the ones they sold in Previews back in the day,weren't they?

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                The find was the ones they sold in Previews back in the day,weren't they?
                I seem to recall them in PREVIEWS. Didn't PREVIEWS also offer cases of Kirk as well?
                Scott

Comment

• haggis
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 17, 2008

I bought a couple of carded MEGO Trek figures from the company selling all those Klingons(in fact, a Kirk and a Klingon). Finer specimens would be difficult to come by. They seem to have only been selling off Klingons and loose sets for a while now...I guess they've gone through most of their stock by now.
                  No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎