Looks good.

thunderbolt
Mar 5, '14, 5:50 PM
https://www.facebook.com/figurestoycompany

Surprised no one has said the Batman sculpt is off yet :smiley1:

somebody will.

mego73
Mar 5, '14, 5:52 PM
Still surprises me how much hand assembly there still is on today's figures.

darkmonkeygod
Mar 5, '14, 5:59 PM
I truly love seeing photos of the process!

Figuremod73
Mar 5, '14, 6:01 PM
Thats alot of detail painting.

Teemu
Mar 5, '14, 6:30 PM
I can see alot of rubbed and scratched painted heads while piled in the bin like that

jimsmegos
Mar 5, '14, 7:20 PM
Those latest pics really made my day. Giddy is an understatement. :)

hedrap
Mar 5, '14, 8:52 PM
Still surprises me how much hand assembly there still is on today's figures.

Same here. I've been unable to wrap my mind around the process and how it seems nearly identical to the 70's. You would think some kind of automation would have eliminated a few of these steps.

mego
Mar 5, '14, 9:10 PM
super cool

ScottA
Mar 5, '14, 9:19 PM
I hope to pick these up at Mego Meet.

HardyGirl
Mar 5, '14, 9:57 PM
Be thanknful it hasn't. Otherwise there would probably be a lot more mistakes. Machines aren't as careful as people.

Same here. I've been unable to wrap my mind around the process and how it seems nearly identical to the 70's. You would think some kind of automation would have eliminated a few of these steps.

MegoMoe
Mar 5, '14, 10:48 PM
Does anyone happen to know.... If you pre-order these, does FTC charge you immediately or when they ship?

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 6, '14, 6:10 AM
The Robin heads look less waxy from that photo as well. Hard to tell, but they look better.

No complaints on the Batman!

Chris

Ivaniski
Mar 6, '14, 6:47 AM
Bring them on.......These figures are looking GREAT!!! Can't wait to get these for my kids. :yes:

SciFiGuyLA
Mar 6, '14, 11:37 AM
Does anyone happen to know.... If you pre-order these, does FTC charge you immediately or when they ship?

They charge you when they ship.

luclin999
Mar 6, '14, 1:13 PM

Economics... They can either:

Build a custom machine designed to properly pickup, orient and attach Mego sized heads of various sizes and shapes onto 3-5 different body types = $$$$$$ ?

Or

Pay someone in China $0.80 - $1.20 per hour to do it.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 6, '14, 11:45 PM
I can see alot of rubbed and scratched painted heads while piled in the bin like that

But you missed the belt not going on Robin and the arm that's broken on Riddler.

EmergencyIan
Mar 7, '14, 8:24 PM
They look great, as far as I can tell!

- Ian

madmarva
Mar 8, '14, 11:25 AM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/madmarva/95d97edc78fa83267aa077af3fcb506a_zps4af47177.jpg
Overall these look great, but it Looks like the 66 Batman belts are riding high, too.

Iron Mego
Mar 8, '14, 11:46 AM
I think the issue of the belts riding so high goes back to the overly tight stringing of the bodies. After swapping out my FTC Riddler, I noticed that not only are the arms pulled into the torso, but the torso is pulled into the pelvis. Thus the "waistline" of the figure was non-existent. That's where the belt would normally rest on a Mego figure.

madmarva
Mar 8, '14, 11:56 AM
Thanks. Good info.

pmwasson
Mar 8, '14, 11:57 AM
Those look great!!! Can't wait to get them.

Brown Bear
Mar 8, '14, 5:38 PM
I am super pumped for these!

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 8, '14, 5:44 PM
I tried swapping out the belts on Batman and Riddler FTC bodies and the purple belt rode high on Batman as well.

I don't think the issue is with the body, I think it's with the suit. If you feel the suit it pokes out where the shorts are stitched on, and I think that's causing the suit to push out enough to stop the belt. If you look at Riddler his suit is sleek and the belt seems to ride a little lower. And from the look of that picture, the 66 suit pushes out at the top of the shorts where they are stitched to the torso.

Looks like FTC is using a belt the same length as the original Mego belts but they changed the stitching to make it so the belt rides too high.

Boywonder0
Mar 8, '14, 6:29 PM
Aw, men!!! These look fantastic!!! I feel like a kid again!

Iron Mego
Mar 8, '14, 6:55 PM
Ya know, the belt rode pretty high on ol' Adam West's body, so I'm just going to think of it as screen accurate. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/wuheavy/adam-west-batman_zps0ce848d1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wuheavy/media/adam-west-batman_zps0ce848d1.jpg.html)

Ivaniski
Mar 8, '14, 6:58 PM
Could it be that the belts are cut a bit short length wise. Thus, not going any lower then where it should be.......the waist line. My 2 cents.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 8, '14, 7:07 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/madmarva/95d97edc78fa83267aa077af3fcb506a_zps4af47177.jpg
Overall these look great, but it Looks like the 66 Batman belts are riding high, too.

Hope they also make the 66 emblems part of the suit. Other than the belts riding too high so far the clothes have been just stellar on all these figures.

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 8, '14, 10:06 PM
It's not the belt...the trunks don't go up high enough!

Chris

mego
Mar 9, '14, 8:41 AM
This production model seems to live up to the prototype. Looks great!

EmergencyIan
Mar 9, '14, 2:38 PM
Those look so good!

- Ian

actjac01
Mar 15, '14, 2:32 PM
It's not the belt...the trunks don't go up high enough!

Chris

I agree. When you look at the photos of Adam West, the belt appears high up (actual waistline), which is right where the belt sits on the figure.
The trunks are too 'bikini-style' on the figure.

dr_cyclops
Mar 16, '14, 12:56 PM
Be thankful it hasn't. Otherwise there would probably be a lot more mistakes. Machines aren't as careful as people.There is a lot of truth here. Automation/machines are only as good as the people running them. Manufactures have found that thinking people often times are far better in assembly, than programed machines. Machines can only deal with perfect conditions and cannot make decisions based on variations inherent in production.

While shopping with my friend Aaron, he purchased from Target, a two disc dvd set. Upon opening the case, he found it contained two of disc #1. I said let's take it back, and he said he would do it later that evening. I advised him to have the manager open the replacement set to make sure it contained what he wanted. Later he told me that the manager open the rest of the stock to find they all contained two of disc #1. He got a cash refund and purchased the dvd set from another store.

JediJaida
Mar 16, '14, 1:57 PM
WHOA! That's certainly something!

Makes me remember the one time I bought a DVD, got it home, and found it split right in two INSIDE the case! Needless to say, I got my money back.

samurainoir
Mar 18, '14, 11:59 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1911629_606256996134684_1421994540_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1463020_606256969468020_82711469_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1795475_606257139468003_594073058_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1489016_606257009468016_2140812376_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1959952_606257026134681_1636087066_n.jpg

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 18, '14, 12:12 PM
It may be the photos, but Romero's Joker tux was more magenta than purple. I would have liked to have seen them get the color more accurate. But again, it may be the photos.

Chris

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 18, '14, 12:34 PM
In before someone spots something wro....nevermind.

The Toyroom
Mar 18, '14, 12:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iCUKavEZ_Qs/TwXpHntCmRI/AAAAAAAAEIo/Oc76x133uHw/s1600/Joker1966.jpg

The Toyroom
Mar 18, '14, 12:50 PM
Technically the green for the shirt is off too...

The Toyroom
Mar 18, '14, 12:51 PM
It may be the photos, but Romero's Joker tux was more magenta than purple. I would have liked to have seen them get the color more accurate. But again, it may be the photos.

Chris

I don't think it's the pics...The carded figure's suit doesn't even match the card art photo...

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 18, '14, 12:54 PM
^Yeah, I just noticed that. His suit almost appeared red at times. It may be another case of DC's style guides coming into play. Yet they put a green-suited Joker on all the 66 comic-art packaging...

Chris

ubermanx
Mar 18, '14, 1:00 PM
Joker has socks !?!?!

- Marty

thunderbolt
Mar 18, '14, 4:33 PM
that's where the Phantom's socks went to. :)

thunderbolt
Mar 18, '14, 4:36 PM
Looks like the Evel gloved hands again. So glad that they are doing this for the line. I was already planning a hand swap if not. The vintage style Mego slappy hands need to be put out to pasture.

fallensaviour
Mar 22, '14, 9:59 PM
I'm not really feeling the riddler?
I love the 66 bats,robin an joker but I am not liking the riddler at all.
I think I like the mego/remego riddler head better.
Is it just me?

jimsmegos
Mar 22, '14, 10:19 PM
I feel the sam way. It's like they just missed the likeness.Could it be an issue with Frank Gorshin's estate for likeness rights?

fallensaviour
Mar 22, '14, 10:25 PM
I feel the sam way. It's like they just missed the likeness.Could it be an issue with Frank Gorshin's estate for likeness rights?

That has to be it because he is a complete miss sculpt wise.
Suit looks good right down to his ballet shoes but wow what a poor head.

Wise4671
Mar 23, '14, 1:48 AM
If it came down to his estate would FTC be able to use his picture as the Riddler on the card?

enyawd72
Mar 23, '14, 3:00 AM
I can definitely see Gorshin in that sculpt...is it perfect? No. But, people have to understand that even the best sculptors will miss the mark once in a while. Very few sculptors can nail every likeness every time, especially if on a time schedule.
People like to criticize and it's easy to say hey, I'm paying for this so it should be perfect, but not every song is a #1 hit.

thunderbolt
Mar 23, '14, 5:31 AM
That has to be it because he is a complete miss sculpt wise.
Suit looks good right down to his ballet shoes but wow what a poor head.

I think he looks fine, I wish he had the ballet slippers you speak of, tho. The use of goofy Mego shoes is off mark with him. I plan to replace them with cut down Robin shoes.

fallensaviour
Mar 23, '14, 5:31 AM
Sorry I don't see any likeness to Gorshin at all,never ever asked for perfect but close would be nice.
If it works for you I'm glad it doesn't for me and that's all I'm saying.
I feel they nailed all the figures so far except here. :wink_y:

thunderbolt
Mar 23, '14, 5:42 AM
Sorry I don't see any likeness to Gorshin at all,never ever asked for perfect but close would be nice.
If it works for you I'm glad it doesn't for me and that's all I'm saying.
I feel they nailed all the figures so far except here. :wink_y:

I still want you to show me one with the correct slippers, everything I see are with classic Mego black shoes.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 23, '14, 7:52 AM
I can definitely see Gorshin in that sculpt...is it perfect? No. But, people have to understand that even the best sculptors will miss the mark once in a while. Very few sculptors can nail every likeness every time, especially if on a time schedule.
People like to criticize and it's easy to say hey, I'm paying for this so it should be perfect, but not every song is a #1 hit.

Exactly. Riddler's head sculpt is crap. Joker's jacket is a half shade off, now that you mention it his shirt is the wrong color too. Robin's head sculpt just doesn't look right. Batman's belt rides too high. Robin's arm broke on the assembly line, oh man I see a lot of accessories that won't get put on the figures before they get carded!

We have a beautiful line of figures and there's far more to praise about this line than there is to criticize.

And yet...

Boywonder0
Mar 23, '14, 8:03 AM
The less people buy of these, the more we can buy!!!:wink_y:

The Bat
Mar 23, '14, 12:35 PM

You are correct, people feel if they're going to shell out hard earned money...it should be a good sculpt and capture the Actor's likeness. My philosophy is simple...if they don't nail the likeness, I don't buy it.:no: Sadly, Frank Gorshin's Riddler was my favorite Baddie on the TV series...but I'll be passing over this figure. Bummer.:down:

thunderbolt
Mar 23, '14, 1:00 PM
this is all based on a few poor photos from China, too. Watch out the sky is falling, too.

huedell
Mar 23, '14, 1:15 PM
As far as "Gorshin" Riddlers I might ultimately be good to go with Mattel's 6 incher. Still, I'm with everyone who is staying flexible on likenesses.

That's not to say that I don't want the line to "make good choices to succeed" (I'd be a hypocrite to earlier sentiments if I didn't note that). However, my concerns (personally *and* business-wise) have always been less about character "accuracy" (sculpt or otherwise) and more about character CHOICE.

That said: My personal thoughts on this "sculpt-accuracy" thing is that it shouldn't make or break sales....

Nutshell: "Gorshin" Riddler is a must-have for the line... they made him... sculpt quality is debatable but fits with the line/collection... time to move on.... pray for better luck w/the next sculpt (as others have already said in this thread).

megoscott
Mar 23, '14, 2:42 PM
Certain people are harder to nail than others, for whatever reason it just never clicks. Like there are very few Harrison Ford sculpts that really do him right in my opinion, and how many times has it been attempted? Maybe Gorshin is that way, I have no idea. Others are much easier because they have really specific details that sell the likeness. Someone like the Joker or Penguin has a lot of unusual things you hang hang your hat on, odd noses or crazy hairdos, Gorshin is one of those distinctive faces but also is just an average white guy. I don't love their Ward/Robin either, same deal, average white guy with no real distinguishing characteristics.

enyawd72
Mar 23, '14, 3:25 PM
Certain people are harder to nail than others, for whatever reason it just never clicks. Like there are very few Harrison Ford sculpts that really do him right in my opinion, and how many times has it been attempted? Maybe Gorshin is that way, I have no idea. Others are much easier because they have really specific details that sell the likeness. Someone like the Joker or Penguin has a lot of unusual things you hang hang your hat on, odd noses or crazy hairdos, Gorshin is one of those distinctive faces but also is just an average white guy. I don't love their Ward/Robin either, same deal, average white guy with no real distinguishing characteristics.

Exactly....and likenesses are subjective to both the artist and the viewer. I had a brilliant art teacher who once performed an experiment to show us the subjective nature of capturing a likeness. He brought in about a dozen different old Star Trek paperback books with painted portraits of Kirk on them. Each and every one was recognizable as Shatner, yet NONE of them looked even close to each other. It was a real eye opener as to how the human eye perceives likenesses.

The Bat
Mar 23, '14, 3:33 PM

I agree with this Scott!:yes: But can't agree with Hue's "sculpt-accuracy thing shouldn't make or break sales." Because for me it totally does. If a company wants to earn my money they have to get it right. But hey...FTC will still be getting plenty of money from me(I'm buying doubles on some figures)it just wont be from any bad sculpts they put out.

huedell
Mar 23, '14, 5:23 PM
I agree with this Scott!:yes: But can't agree with Hue's "sculpt-accuracy thing shouldn't make or break sales." Because for me it totally does.
Hey, if it actually *does* make or break the line, I'll concede ;) And I'd say that if I was to buy it, it'd be more for the tribute to the character in a cool toy line rather than a great sculpt likeness. There are many positive things to say about the line's style as far as figure manufacturing that the Gorshin figure integrates, and for some (not everybody), that "list of technical things they got right" may do the trick of being more of a "positive" for the line than a "negative", even when conceding the sculpt likeness is "meh".

That sculpt may not look a lot like what we'd appreciate as "Gorshin" but my *hope* is that because it was released at an appropriate time early in the line, and is such a beloved era of the character represented, that that would float sales more than say releasing Comissioner Gordon in his place (a character that is essential, but could be waited on a bit methinks) despite anything directly having to do with "likeness" being, admittedly a notable factor (just not OVERLY notable).

The Bat
Mar 23, '14, 5:56 PM
Hue, I'm proud of you...that was a fairly short post for you.:grin::smiley1: In the end, it's just my opinion anyway...but that's what these Forums are for right? But what really speaks volumes are the wallet.:wink_y:

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Mar 23, '14, 6:43 PM
Hey, if it actually *does* make or break the line, I'll concede ;) And I'd say that if I was to buy it, it'd be more for the tribute to the character in a cool toy line rather than a great sculpt likeness. There are many positive things to say about the line's style as far as figure manufacturing that the Gorshin figure integrates, and for some (not everybody), that "list of technical things they got right" may do the trick of being more of a "positive" for the line than a "negative", even when conceding the sculpt likeness is "meh".

That sculpt may not look a lot like what we'd appreciate as "Gorshin" but my *hope* is that because it was released at an appropriate time early in the line, and is such a beloved era of the character represented, that that would float sales more than say releasing Comissioner Gordon in his place (a character that is essential, but could be waited on a bit methinks) despite anything directly having to do with "likeness" being, admittedly a notable factor (just not OVERLY notable).

If you're paying $200 for a Hot Toys version, they better nail the sculp. When the price is a tenth of that, people are typically a bit more forgiving. Typically :)

palitoy
Mar 23, '14, 8:24 PM
The following quote comes from one of Mego's lead sculptors, he sculpted likenesses like Dobey and Huggy Bear.

At the time, there was no adult market out there. Naturally we were all grown ups and looking at the pictures and the characters, but they weren't supposed to be little super real portraits, they were really just toys. The medium itself was the toy medium.

That's Mego style to me.

Werewolf
Mar 23, '14, 9:23 PM
Like there are very few Harrison Ford sculpts that really do him right in my opinion, and how many times has it been attempted?

Easily hundreds and I, personally, think they've only really totally nailed it once. The original 12 inch Kenner one.

In comparison there's now two Gorshin Riddlers I know of and the Mattel Riddler didn't exactly look like him either.

The Bat
Mar 23, '14, 9:59 PM
The following quote comes from one of Mego's lead sculptors, he sculpted likenesses like Dobey and Huggy Bear.

That's Mego style to me.

Ah, but look at what a great job Mego did at capturing real people's likeness's. But more than that, their personalities and emotions into the sculpts...STAR TREK anyone? The Mego Kirk, Spock, Bones and Scotty were INCREDIBLE!!

sprytel
Mar 23, '14, 10:28 PM
Ah, but look at what a great job Mego did at capturing real people's likeness's. But more than that, their personalities and emotions into the sculpts...STAR TREK anyone? The Mego Kirk, Spock, Bones and Scotty were INCREDIBLE!!:yeah:

Mego's Scotty : James Doohan :: FTC's Riddler : Frank Gorshin

fallensaviour
Mar 23, '14, 10:50 PM
I still want you to show me one with the correct slippers, everything I see are with classic Mego black shoes.

My mistake I was just looking at the soles and not the sides.You're right just classic black.
I like your idea of robin cut downs.

jayraytee
Mar 24, '14, 10:42 AM
I think a lot comes down to expectations, if the expectation is really high then they are going to miss the mark on some characters and some accessories. Personally my expectation for FTC was pretty dang low, even compared to the original Megos which had some good sculpts and some not so good sculpts. My expectation for FTC was essentially cheap crappola knock-offs. I was amazingly suprised at what they have done. To me, they are a very close 2nd to the original DC Mego stuff, if they fixed the arm issues and the rubber bands... they to me, would be equal and in some cases, like the Batman 66 line quite ahead of the original Megos. So, from this perspective, I think while the Gorshin and Robin sculpts are not as good as their Joker or Batman sculpts, the figures are quite amazing all things considered. I mean who here can honestly say that they foresaw a day where the community would be this buzzed about FTC?

I also agree that some characters are just a lot harder to sculpt, I love to draw people and have done some sculpting in the past. There are some people with certain distinguishing characteristics I could nail flawlessly and others I just couldn't get. A lot of it has to do with others have said, if someone is very plain looking then you have to capture very subtle features to generate the likeness.. very tough.

captact
Mar 24, '14, 1:12 PM
My mistake I was just looking at the soles and not the sides.You're right just classic black.
I like your idea of robin cut downs.

You know what? I luv the idea!!! Will do the same with some Repro Robin shoes too!! Awesome idea !!!!

drmego
Mar 27, '14, 5:51 PM
"At the time, there was no adult market out there. Naturally we were all grown ups and looking at the pictures and the characters,
but they weren't supposed to be little super real portraits, they were really just toys. The medium itself was the toy medium."

This is something that is not really understood by some people. Toys don't have to be slavishly accurate because it's art and
disposable art at that - at least when MEGO was making these.

mego73
Mar 27, '14, 5:54 PM
That is why I am more interested in these figures having the Mego aesthetic then being slavishly accurate. In other words it look like Frank Gorshin enough for me.

"At the time, there was no adult market out there. Naturally we were all grown ups and looking at the pictures and the characters,
but they weren't supposed to be little super real portraits, they were really just toys. The medium itself was the toy medium."

This is something that is not really understood by some people. Toys don't have to be slavishly accurate because it's art and
disposable art at that - at least when MEGO was making these.

Hedji
Mar 27, '14, 9:04 PM
Agreed. I've never felt that 8 inch was the format for hyper accuracy.

Wise4671
Mar 27, '14, 9:14 PM
If you want super sculpts buy Hot Toys. Lets keep the 8" format as megoey as we can (is megoey a word LOL )

thunderbolt
Mar 28, '14, 2:37 AM
Neca is proving that you can have it both ways and Universal Monsters certainly pushed the Mego look to a more advanced state, too. I'd much rather have the 66 line like it is from CTVT instead of mini Hot Toys, like a toy that may have come out when the show was on tv.

The Bat
Mar 28, '14, 4:59 PM
[QUOTE=thunderbolt;1118446]Neca is proving that you can have it both ways and Universal Monsters certainly pushed the Mego look to a more advanced state, too.QUOTE]

This I can agree with.:wink_y::yes:

fallensaviour
Mar 28, '14, 9:33 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again I don't want perfect just close and I don't think it's even close.
Sorry if it upsets the masses but riddler is a miss for me.
will I get him?
Hell yes, so I can rip his ugly head off and put on the ctvt remego riddler head.
I'll re paint his mask and bingo instant better riddler.
All others I'm fine with bats,joker and robin all look great.The belt riding up doesn't even bother me,if anything it looks more like west.
But for some reason riddler just does.

sprytel
Mar 29, '14, 1:23 PM
Neca is proving that you can have it both ways

I don't disagree with this overall sentiment. But to be fair... NECA has had a few misses too. For instance, I challenge you to find the resemblance in DiCaprio's Django Unchained figure.

captact
Mar 31, '14, 10:44 PM
Im with enyawd72 on this,....I just removed the lip paint and painted the eyes blue on Riddler,..plus made the masks eye holes darker shade and look now,..looks more like Frank Gorshin IMO...(click on pic for a bigger view)...

monitor_ep
Mar 31, '14, 11:13 PM
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp327/monitor_ep/Mego/1888461_584545258305858_1143982174_n_zps6b2280bb.j pg (http://s424.photobucket.com/user/monitor_ep/media/Mego/1888461_584545258305858_1143982174_n_zps6b2280bb.j pg.html)

I cannot wait for Egghead to get released.

Penguin is not two bad:
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp327/monitor_ep/Mego/1010071_585076861586031_372907931_n_zpse2b3120e.jp g (http://s424.photobucket.com/user/monitor_ep/media/Mego/1010071_585076861586031_372907931_n_zpse2b3120e.jp g.html)

Mr. Freeze is just so nice it looks just like the actor.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp327/monitor_ep/Mego/wave2MrFreeze_zps292f132f.jpg (http://s424.photobucket.com/user/monitor_ep/media/Mego/wave2MrFreeze_zps292f132f.jpg.html)

thunderbolt
Apr 1, '14, 3:26 AM
so what is in series two, I thought it was posted somewhere that it was Egghead, Penguin, Bruce and Dick. Now Mr. Freeze says series two also.

captact
Apr 1, '14, 8:40 AM
Im with enyawd72 on this,....I just removed the lip paint and painted the eyes blue on Riddler,..plus made the masks eye holes darker shade and look now,..looks more like Frank Gorshin IMO...(click on pic for a bigger view)...

Suggestions??????????

VinMan
Apr 1, '14, 9:23 AM

Looks MUCH MUCH better Captact.... You should be the "Color Guide" for FTC. What you did really changes the figure for me....

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Apr 1, '14, 10:23 AM
Wow, you are right! If you click the version captact did to enlarge and then go to this page (link at the bottom) and enlarge the pic in a different tab you can tab back and forth to see the difference. Those few differences make quite a change to the sculpt, and it does look more like Frank.

http://www.classictvtoys.com/batmanclassictvseries8inchactionfiguresseries1ther iddler.aspx

enyawd72
Apr 1, '14, 11:27 AM
Everybody send me your Riddler heads so I can fix 'em...just $5

I will make meeellions! Muwahahahahaha!

captact
Apr 1, '14, 3:31 PM
Here's both of them side by side (click to enlarge), felt he really needed a makeover to make him more like the actor, dont you think?

captact
Apr 1, '14, 3:53 PM
...and Robin makeover....

JediJaida
Apr 1, '14, 5:16 PM
What a difference a paint job makes!

Now why couldn't they do that in the first place, instead of leaving it to geniuses like enyawd to do it?

pmwasson
Apr 1, '14, 5:24 PM
Yeah, the wrong paint can really change the look of a good sculpt. I think I'll be removing the lip color on my figures after seeing these cool side-by-side comparisons.

PNGwynne
Apr 1, '14, 5:37 PM
^ I agree.

monitor_ep
Apr 1, '14, 5:48 PM
Sorry Mr. Freeze is in wave 3.

And yes the paint job does make an improvement.

Hedji
Apr 1, '14, 6:36 PM
Many of us pointed out the lipstick when prototypes were first revealed. Less is more.

Iron Mego
Apr 1, '14, 7:00 PM
Boy, you take that lip color off and the sculpts look spot on! You think they would've tested it both ways and been able to see the difference.

captact
Apr 1, '14, 7:38 PM
They should have Iron Mego! Finally Batman,..added blue eyes, darkened the eye holes and lighten the lip tone.....what do you guys and gals think?????? I know Im doing this to mines,...except Joker,..He's needs NO makeover IMO.

VinMan
Apr 1, '14, 8:30 PM
They should have Iron Mego! Finally Batman,..added blue eyes, darkened the eye holes and lighten the lip tone.....what do you guys and gals think?????? I know Im doing this to mines,...except Joker,..He's needs NO makeover IMO.

Nice work Captact!! Looks SOOOOOO much better!

captact
Apr 1, '14, 8:41 PM
Nice work Captact!! Looks SOOOOOO much better!

Thanks VinMan!!!!!

JediJaida
Apr 1, '14, 9:40 PM
Oh yeah! Lose the lip color altogether!

thunderbolt
Apr 2, '14, 2:59 AM
Sorry Mr. Freeze is in wave 3.

And yes the paint job does make an improvement.

FTC's pic says series 2. Seems like they would know.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Apr 2, '14, 3:03 AM

Yep, your repaint pics totally change the game on these. I was getting them anyways but I will be making your adjustments for sure.

monitor_ep
Apr 2, '14, 10:14 AM
Q: Who do you have in store for Series 2?

A: Egghead, Penguin, Dick Grayson, and Bruce Wayne.

but on the facebook they mention Mr. Freeze is in wave 2. I think he got pushed to wave 3.

captact
Apr 2, '14, 10:35 AM
Q: Who do you have in store for Series 2?

A: Egghead, Penguin, Dick Grayson, and Bruce Wayne.

but on the facebook they mention Mr. Freeze is in wave 2. I think he got pushed to wave 3.

Wish Wave 2 was Egghead, Penguin, Mr. Freeze and .....Batgirl?

VinMan
Apr 2, '14, 10:54 AM

Once again - I agree with you 100% Captact.... That would be a GREAT Wave 2

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 2, '14, 11:02 AM

If they nail the sculpt with West and Ward's likenesses, it will be a great wave.

If not, I'd rather have Batgirl and a Catwoman.

dr_cyclops
Apr 2, '14, 9:33 PM

10368I think that this proves, that a great sculpt will get blamed for a less than complimentary paint job.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 2, '14, 9:49 PM
Yep, your repaint pics totally change the game on these. I was getting them anyways but I will be making your adjustments for sure.

Riddler does look better and Robin looks MUCH better with darkened mask. I think Robin looks better with his lips left alone and Batman looks just fine as is.

fallensaviour
Apr 3, '14, 6:04 AM
Alright I'm starting to feel riddler now.He just kind of looked like an old granny before the repaint.
Blue eyes and no lipstick now that I can work with thanks for the pics to compare.

captact
Apr 3, '14, 5:22 PM
Alright I'm starting to feel riddler now.He just kind of looked like an old granny before the repaint.
Blue eyes and no lipstick now that I can work with thanks for the pics to compare.

Youre welcome fallensavior!

fallensaviour
Apr 3, '14, 8:11 PM
Youre welcome fallensavior!

:grin: :smiley1:

captact
Apr 3, '14, 9:36 PM
All grouped together for easy comparison:

rykerw1701
Apr 4, '14, 7:39 AM
The change in the eyes is better for sure, but it's the lip color change that really makes a difference. And that's an easy fix. Thanks for the pictures.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 4, '14, 10:09 AM
But dammit, we shouldn't HAVE to fix figures that cost over $25 a piece!

Sorry, that's my major grumble with many of these figure lines.

Chris

Brown Bear
Apr 4, '14, 12:23 PM
I'm still pinching myself about getting 66 Batman megos. Can't wait and these FAR exceed my expectations. No complaints from this bear.

houseofdracula
Apr 4, '14, 1:36 PM
What would you use to remove the paint on the lips?

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 4, '14, 2:10 PM
But dammit, we shouldn't HAVE to fix figures that cost over $25 a piece!

Sorry, that's my major grumble with many of these figure lines.

Chris

You're not 'fixing' them. You're making alterations that suit your personal tastes. To many collectors they are just fine as is.

Random Axe
Apr 4, '14, 2:32 PM
Aren't the pics on the right the corrected rotocast heads? Those turned out fantastic. I think it was the protos that had the lipstick. I was hesitant about these till I saw those a few moments ago. That is buy or die stuff right there.

madmarva
Apr 6, '14, 8:40 AM
^I think someone on the board doctored the original photos with Photoshop

Brown Bear
Apr 6, '14, 10:26 AM
You're not 'fixing' them. You're making alterations that suit your personal tastes. To many collectors they are just fine as is.

Amen brother.

huedell
Apr 14, '14, 5:16 PM

Amen brother.

True.

But if one was to show those pics to anyone OTHER than that "many collectors" group, they'd say the "taste altered" pics were the more accurate.

A 6-year old pre-school boy.... a 25 year old Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.... an 88 year old Arab oil sheik....after viewing the "actor dolls wearing lipstick" before and after pics, those aforementioned people would all call the repainting a "fix" despite what "many collectors" would say. Collectors tend to rationalize cut & dry flaws, ya know? That said, I think some leeway can be given on terminology used here.

Brown Bear
Apr 14, '14, 5:49 PM
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I think the cheerleader would agree but the 12 year old midget would like them the way they are. :wink:

True.

But if one was to show those pics to anyone OTHER than that "many collectors" group, they'd say the "taste altered" pics were the more accurate.

A 6-year old pre-school boy.... a 25 year old Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.... an 88 year old Arab oil sheik....after viewing the "actor dolls wearing lipstick" before and after pics, those aforementioned people would all call the repainting a "fix" despite what "many collectors" would say. Collectors tend to rationalize cut & dry flaws, ya know? That said, I think some leeway can be given on terminology used here.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 14, '14, 6:30 PM
True.

Ah the fallacy of thinking everyone thinks as you do.

enyawd72
Apr 14, '14, 8:44 PM
^I think they're fine the way they are. To me it's just part of the toyetic appeal, ya know?

Kinda like how the Ideal superhero toys in the 60's were painted with red rosy cheeks. Just adds to the charm.

huedell
Apr 16, '14, 12:46 AM
Ah the fallacy of thinking everyone thinks as you do.

The way that everyone "thinks like me" is that everyone would agree that Adam West, Gorshin, et al never wore lipstick portraying Batman, Riddler, et al.

enyawd72
Apr 16, '14, 1:52 AM
The way that everyone "thinks like me" is that everyone would agree that Adam West, Gorshin, et al never wore lipstick portraying Batman, Riddler, et al.

Batman, Robin and Superman never wore rouge either but my vintage puppets are, AND lipstick! These are toys, not actual people. Lips are usually painted darker because on most people they are darker than their skin.

ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
Apr 16, '14, 10:45 AM

You can't even get everyone to agree with you on this board.

sprytel
Apr 16, '14, 11:03 AM

Actually... as actors performing on a television show, they probably WERE wearing makeup.

jayraytee
Apr 16, '14, 11:34 AM
Actually... as actors performing on a television show, they probably WERE wearing makeup.

Including lipstick. :terror:

JediJaida
Apr 16, '14, 12:29 PM
Only to match their skin tone, not make them seem like they were little kids playing dress up.

The only one that needed really outré lips was the Joker, and he had them!

Brown Bear
Apr 16, '14, 2:03 PM
These guys should start shipping very soon. Can't wait.

Gadgeteer
Apr 17, '14, 12:24 PM
These are THE batman toys I've wanted for oh I don't know about 36 years!

melkorjunior
Apr 25, '14, 12:17 PM
I think the Gorshin Riddler is a miss but since I prefer the Mego headsculpt anway I'll just take the outfit off the Gorshin and use it to replace the FTC Riddler's pajamas--it's much nicer than the pajamas after all. I'll do the same thing with the Romero Joker since I never much liked him--I have two FTC Jokers and I'll put the Romero outfit on one of them. To be fair to FTC though I really think they did a nice job with Romero's likeness, it's just that he's not my idea of the Joker. The Burt Ward Robin is another miss in the likeness department but that works to my advantage since I never cared for Burt Ward as Robin and I also never cared for the Mego Robin headsculpt, which is unbearably goofy and seems like it has a gigantic jaw and chin. The 1966 version is a much nicer generic Robin and that outfit is awesome; I'll probably try to put it on a Teen Titan body though. The West Batman I'll display proudly. I never liked Ward but I always liked West.

I'm hoping that when they get to Catwoman they give us a great Julie Newmar likeness. They really need to be careful with that one because a lot of people will be interested and I think it could be hugely popular if they pull it off.

Gadgeteer
Apr 25, '14, 4:55 PM
Wait on that TT Robin Mod FTC is coming with a web site exclusive 7 inch Robin, or so I've read.

blastphemey
Apr 29, '14, 7:57 PM
After seeing these production pics, I pulled the trigger on Batman and robin. Maybe down the road joker and riddler will also be purchased.