Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone switch FTC Riddler to Type S body?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Anyone switch FTC Riddler to Type S body?

If so, is the suit any less baggy on the Type S? Also, how would you switch the purple hands to the Type S body? Could this be done without destroying the FTC arms?
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

I brought up some stuff when trying to switch FTC to Type S in this thread:

So people are starting to get their Type S bodies in, and I'm one of them. Have opened 4 of 10 boxes and ALL four so far have a longer right than left leg. Anyone else noticing this on theirs? Or am I just a lucky egg?

My Riddler suit fit fine, but Joker's was way too tight so I didn't switch. Also, the heads don't fit perfectly because the depth of the neck plug isn't long enough on the new FTC heads.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Iron Mego
      I brought up some stuff when trying to switch FTC to Type S in this thread:

So people are starting to get their Type S bodies in, and I'm one of them. Have opened 4 of 10 boxes and ALL four so far have a longer right than left leg. Anyone else noticing this on theirs? Or am I just a lucky egg?

My Riddler suit fit fine, but Joker's was way too tight so I didn't switch. Also, the heads don't fit perfectly because the depth of the neck plug isn't long enough on the new FTC heads.
      Thanks, I have some Type S bodies on the way. How did you remove the Riddler hands off the FTC body, just pull it off?

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Yes. But you'll have to swap the pins, or find another solution to fit them on the Type S.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Wasimhosen
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 23, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          Thanks, I have some Type S bodies on the way. How did you remove the Riddler hands off the FTC body, just pull it off?
          I put mine in hot water first.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
            I put mine in hot water first.
            Thanks, I've never tried it so I am sure I'd ruin the figure. If I like the Type S body I'll probably wait and see if they produce purple hands. Hate how stiff and tight the bands makes the bodies on the FTC figures but love the job they've done on the clothes.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 23, 2011

I switched all my first wave to the Doc's swivel arm muscle bodies and they look great. The second wave seems much better.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
                I switched all my first wave to the Doc's swivel arm muscle bodies and they look great. The second wave seems much better.
                Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping the bodies might have improved after the first wave. Getting Wave 2 tomorrow.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

BTW I got Wave 2 in yesterday and some Type S bodies. I only opened Dick Grayson, and his head was very loose on the FTC body right out of the package. Surprisingly, I switched him to a Type S body and the head is tight as a drum, so it worked out perfectly.

I also switched Batman to a Type S and as someone (I think it was Iron Mego) mentioned, his head is loose, if you turn a few times it will come out. Also on the Type S body Batman's belt does ride slightly lower, but the hips are wide, it really makes the figure look weird. Will probably swap Bats back to the FTC body.

But I cannot wait to put Superman on a Type S body with fists for that SuperFriends pose

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎