Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your top-5 fav's of ST-Next-Gen ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What is your top-5 fav's of ST-Next-Gen ?

Been watching some Star Trek: The Next Generation's lately and I thought we really never a thread devoted to them yet.......

If you don't know the title, just say "The one with the..."

My top 5 would be .......

1. Relics (The one with Scotty)

2. Best of Both Worlds (Picard as Locutis)

3. Cause and Effect (same episode played 5 times over)

4. All Good Things (last episode-- Q returns)

5. I, Borg (Hugh Borg)

For reference
    (1987) - Episode list

m
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

1-Best of Both Worlds

2-Relics

3-Unification (The 2 parter with Spock)

4-All Good Things

5-Journeys End (Buh Bye Wesley)

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

1.Yesterday's Enterprise

2.Redemption

3.Face of the Enemy

4.Descent

5.Q Who?

Comment

• raider5gt
        Museum Tree Cutter
        • Nov 25, 2007

1-The Netral Zone (quite funny when they defrost the 3 people from cryo)

2-The Best of Both Worlds

3-I, Borg

4-Relics (good old Scotty)

5-The Pegasus (Cloaking Technology )

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I have the oddest relationship with this show...

Back around 1992 I could have been called a "rabid" fan of STTNG

These days? I haven't seen an episode in YEARS!

Cool thread here that's bringing back a lot of memories.

I remember loving the finale show (ALL GOOD THINGS) so much I always
          watched it over and over (all the Q episodes were pretty cool)

I remember liking that time travel episode TIME'S ARROW

I remember liking that show where something was messed up with the
          time code on the Enterprise and everyone was freaked about it---and DATA
          was implicated in lying to them or something like that----and if the CAUSE &
          EFFECT episode one is the one where they had to "send a message" to
          themselves to help them get out of a time loop then I liked that one too

I also liked a lot of the holodeck-themed episodes and, of course, the episodes
          with SCOTTY and SPOCK.

I'm sure I could give many better examples of episodes I liked, but I'd have to comb
          over an episode guide and I'm lazy right noiw
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Anything that did not involved Wesley Crusher.

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Not to bash on the show too much---but I thought it VASTLY improved after the
              first few seasons. I never really watched anything from the first few seasons
              because of this--so I don't know many "Crusher" episodes. I'm noit that familliar with
              TASHA YAR either, really.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I'm in the same boat with Hugh. I pretty much avoided the show until Wesley left. I watched the first few shows and thought it was just recycled Classic Trek...only boring. "Best of Both Worlds" seems to be where they really kicked into high quality. Favorites that come to mind include most of what was mentioned. Really in the later seasons there were only a few clunkers. I wasn't real fond of the endless Worf/Klingon council episodes. Seemed like an excuse for guys in heavy makeup to chew more scenery than usual.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Chris made me think of that whole WORF vs. HIGH COUNCIL arc----I remember liking that
                  ---there was some cool personality clashes between WORF and like a brother of his(?)
                  and I liked when PICARD would stand up to the KLINGONS--Suffer the wrath
                  of Picard, you jerk KLINGONS--oh yeah!

Comment

• Dave Mc
                    Administrator
                    • Oct 20, 2002

Conspiracy, from the first season is always one of my favs. They were setting something up there that they decided to abandon, but it was still a cool episode.

Best of Both Worlds is one of my favorite all time Trek "movies". It was too good for TV and came at a time when seasons didn't end with cliffhangers, so when Riker said "Fire" and the episode ended, I about had a fit.

Also a big fan of The Neutral Zone

Deja Q- Q loses his powers and becomes helpless to everyone. Good fun.

Lower Decks- A cool look at life on ship from the perspective of junior officers.

Guess that's my 5- I really liked this series alot, and there are more I could add, but we'll keep it at 5

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Don't know many of the titles, but Fistfull of Datas, the final episode, Yesterday's Enterprise, the Spock two parter, Time's Arrow are the first five that come to mind.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                        To Fear is Not Logical...
                        • Feb 17, 2008

I pretty much like all of the eps mentioned previously, but one that I think was ingenious was the second episode I think it was called The Naked Now, where they all got "drunk" from a space virus (just like TOS). This was before re-makes and re-vamps of shows was in vogue and it just seemed to scream "Yeah, we've done this before, but now you can see how our new characters react." - Outside of Wesley saving the ship, I thought it was a brilliant move. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
                        It's all good!

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Now that I think about it, I also like The Drumhead .......
                          It's the one where classic actress Jean Simmons (not to be confused with Gene Simmons) is a Federation prosecutor gone mad.

Also, I think it's called Measure of a Man ....... The one where they wanna take Data apart against his will.
                          The have a little court at the end.

Comment

• Thadiun Okona II
                            Museum Patron
                            • Dec 22, 2007

Hmmm....I haven't watched Next Gen in awhile, but here we go:

The Inner Light: Great story, beautiful music. My wife came down the isle to the suite.

The Outrageous Okona: can't imagine why....

Deja Q: I always wondered whether or not Guinan was Q's ex....

Best of Both Worlds pt 1: Everything builds up, you got goose bumps....then "To Be Continued..." argh!

Family: We saw a side of a couple of characters we never thought possible.

Easily my top 5 could've been Q episodes, since John DeLancie was just brilliant as the character. I was also disappointed that Okona never returned, he was a neat character too.
                            Last edited by Thadiun Okona II; Mar 9, '08, 1:13 PM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

1. Measure Of A Man: "Pinnochio is broken, his strings have been cut." That gets me every time!

2. The Inner Light: This ep is just so touching, and you're almost sad when he goes back to his "real" life.

3. The Dauphin: I like this idea of a shape shifter better than Odo on DS9.

4. Shades Of Gray: I love this look back.

5. The Offspring: I guess I'm kinda partial to Data eps, but this is another one that's really touching.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎