• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Legion of Superheroes

Anyone want them to make these?

Think these would sell? would it be the obvious place to take the tooled up Teen Titans bodies next, or should they do contemporary Titans? Would you prefer adult Legionaires to the teens?

You'd likely have to anchor it with teen sized Superboy and Supergirl. How deep of a character selection do you think they would go? Should they start with the obvious Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lighting Lad or go more fan favourite with characters like Brainiac 5 and Chameleon Boy?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I'd prefer the Bronze Age Giffen/Levitz era Legion. By most folks' estimation, that's the height of the title, and certainly it's most popular period. It was DC's #2 title, after New Teen Titans. I'd buy the original 3, Brainiac 5, Ultra Boy, Chameleon Boy, and a few of the others. Karate Kid would be cool, and very 70s Mego-y.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• luclin999
      Museum Patron
      • Oct 27, 2011

If the Legion comes out and is done right (good sculpts and all costumed from the same era) then I would probably have to get all of them (and deal with my wife thinking that I have gone completely crazy).

Maybe using this Perez pic as a guide...

Last edited by luclin999; Mar 4, '14, 1:11 PM.

Comment

• luclin999
        Museum Patron
        • Oct 27, 2011

A JSA Series of these figures would also be a must have for me..

Comment

• VinMan
          Career Member Mego Maniac
          • Sep 6, 2012

/\ Totally agree with luclin. All should be costumed from the same era.... That pic should be the guide. Put me down for ALL of them.
          First wave...
          Lightning Lad
          Karate Kid
          Ultra Boy
          Duo Damsel

Thats off the top of my head and does not even include my favorites.... Mon El, Wildfire, Element Lad.
          Can't put all the "heavies" in Wave 1.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by luclin999
            If the Legion comes out and is done right (good sculpts and all costumed from the same era) then I would probably have to get all of them (and deal with my wife thinking that I have gone completely crazy).

A few of these costumes wouldn't fly...they're not as recognizable as some of the others and they were abandoned...Blok, Shadow Lass, and Timber Wolf. But otherwise all of the rest are classic designs from the mid 70s Dave Cockrum and Mike Grell era.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

I was a huge Legion fan but from a business side I think the JSA makes more sense. It would definitely have to be the 70's suits for Legion.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by luclin999

Wow. I'm ashamed to say this, but I cannot name a single one of these guys. I have no idea who they are.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

I'd definitely buy all Legion figures in their 70s Cockrum/grell and 60s costumes but would rather have the Justice Society first.

To me the Legion characters were high school or late teens so I'd rather have them as 8" figures than the Titans bodies.

The Titans bodies, to me, are elementary to small junior high kid size.

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

Originally posted by madmarva
                    I'd definitely buy all Legion figures in their 70s Cockrum/grell and 60s costumes but would rather have the Justice Society first.

To me the Legion characters were high school or late teens so I'd rather have them as 8" figures than the Titans bodies.

The Titans bodies, to me, are elementary to small junior high kid size.
                    I'm Pretty much with you all the way and like Anthony change those 3 costumes and i'm buying them all in 8" size, sell them as teen size and not so much.
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      Wow. I'm ashamed to say this, but I cannot name a single one of these guys. I have no idea who they are.
                      Yeah I recognize maybe two of these, but I was never a fan of the teen type heroes, teen titains, etc. But I am all for FTC making as many as they can as long as it doesn't sacrifice any major characters being made.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

These would be awesome! But I'd have to pick and choose just because of the number of figures involved. And would they do 8" or 7" "youth" bodies? I'd prefer 8". Plus I'd rather have the bearded Star Man instead of Star Boy.

And as a personal preference, I'd want painted chest hair on Timber Wolf like BBP did for the 6 Million Dollar Man. But I would have been more inclined to buy the Kiss figures if they had chest hair. It would have added to the quirky charm of the figures.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• luclin999
                          Museum Patron
                          • Oct 27, 2011

For the Legion, if they are doing the 70's-80's era from the picture above then definitely the 8" bodies.

However, a wave with just Superboy, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad done in this style:

Or this (minus the creepy grins):

with the 7" bodies could be very cool..
                          Last edited by luclin999; Mar 6, '14, 1:01 PM.

Comment

• luclin999
                            Museum Patron
                            • Oct 27, 2011

Speaking of the 7" vs 8" bodies, the Teen Titans are also going to be in the same boat with the earlier era (Robin, Speedy, Wonder Girl, Aqualad, Kid Flash) being appropriate for 7" bodies while the 80's Wolfman/Perez characters should definitely be on the 8" model.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

I would go for Cosmic Boy, Mon-el, Branic 5 for sure, I would LOVE to see then use the 12" body for Collosal Boy for scale but it likely wouldn't happen

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎