X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Majestic Studios Battlestar Galactica Figures

I saw these 12" BG figures at the Meet last year. The guy set up in the restaurant area had them and I was impressed with them. I found them at Amok Time, which I think is that same guy, and they were on sale so I bought them. Apollo, Starbuck, and Adama. All three for $60 and less than $10 for shipping. I guess I didn't look that well cuz I gotta say they're even better than I thought. The detail is great. The sculpts were well done. The only downfall I've found is they're 12" and the boxes are big, beautiful, but big. Anyone else have any of these figures? What were your opinions of them. They've released another wave of them with the Cylon, Athena, and Col. Tigh. I believe there's a special gold Cylon too. Hopefully these will hit the clearance price also.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

i have apollo and starbuck. i think they're very well done especially at a great price. the apollo sculpt looks very similar to richard hatch, i wish the starbuck/dirk benedict sculpt could be better. i didnt get adama but i think he definitely looks great and looks dead on like lorne green. i didnt know that there was another wave coming. i know that there was a tower records exclusive gold cylon a while back and the silver cylon was released the same time as apollo. i never bothered getting the all white version of starbuck and apollo from amok tho.

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

Amok Time started their own toy company, and now sell these under their own banner. Not sure if they bought out Majestic, Majestic sold the molds to them, or Majestic manufactures the figures for them now?

They also took over the Lost in Space line, and are apparently planning a 6" line....The person who told me this didnt mention a Galactica 6" line though, which is odd since I would think Galactica would sell better?
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Wow! That's great news about the line getting extended. I've got all the figures that have been released so far and the Cylons look incredible!

Comment

• Hotfoot
          Dazed and Confused
          • Dec 30, 2007

Amoktime.com, New York's Biggest and Best Action Figure Super Store
          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

I checked that site earlier today to get info on the new Battlestar Galactica figures and didn't even notice the Groovie Goolies statues. Very cool! I remember having some PVC figures of these when I was a kid.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I'm still looking for the Majestic Cylon, loose and mint, or boxed. Silver or gold.
              Very elusive, them Cylons, and these aren't even the ones in human guise...
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎