Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe the best idea to jump start a WGSH line ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roman
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 25, 2003

maybe the best idea to jump start a WGSH line ?

How bout the Watchman ?

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...3/06/index.htm

yes, i know the license would be costly but such a tie in might help sell the film

Regardless, the pics look impressive.
    just a thought. Can't help but wonder if a deal can be struck with DC Direct.

If the new Trek, Apes and CA figure do sell decently maybe that'll catch someone's attention.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The DCDirect Watchmen line was killed by Alan Moore, so its probably a no go.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, if they were able to, DC Direct would probably cash in on this before they licensed it out to another party...
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• roman
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 25, 2003

no kidding

I did not know that. Thank you. That's a shame.
        Oh well

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Yeah---I'm prety sure if someone COULD have already made money from this property
          they WOULD have already---as WATCHMEN product is TAILOR-MADE for a HUGE chunk
          of diehard comicbook collecting and more importantly "comicbook shop visiting" consumers
          ----and EMCE would most likely be way down on the pecking order in regard to
          being involved with WATCHMEN figures---but that's just my guess
          Last edited by huedell; Mar 7, '08, 2:42 PM.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• AAAAA
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 28, 2005

well the movie was green lighted, so when thats gets made ...who knows.
            Remenber when dealing with a other company trade mark item, you subject to there rules and approvals.
            WGSH line would be nice ,but trying to land rights to produce their character will be
            tricky .trying to do muiltple licencing from many companies is a red tape nightmare,and a mine field.
            Its better to create your own and have a mimi comic book with each figure.
            Last edited by AAAAA; Mar 7, '08, 1:05 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Personally, I don't think the watchman would belong in the WGSH line. Might be a cool Mego, but wouldn't belong standing between Supe and Spidey. Maybe Zan & Janya??
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by AAAAA
                Its better to create your own and have a mimi comic book with each figure.
                I really doubt people would be interested in an unknow hero, certainly not enough to lay down some cash for an action figure of it
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ C'mon Thomas. Jack Sun roxxxx!!
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drmego
                    EMCE Toys
                    • Jun 15, 2001

Funny that you mention Watchmen

I actually made a set of Watchmen megos last fall for the director of the
                    new movie - Zach Snyder - he and the special effects guy are big
                    mego fans.

I have kept quiet about this until they were done. Soon I will
                    post some jpgs of the figures. My hope is that Zach will show
                    them to Alan Moore and he will give his blessing on making them.
                    www.drmego.com
                    www.megoman.com
                    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• bagmonster
                      Registered Lurker
                      • Apr 13, 2002

I love when the Doc touches base.

Everybody here buzzes around speculating and hypothesizing and then he pops in and sets the story straight and goes back to doing his thing.

It is pretty funny.

Comment

• roman
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 25, 2003

no way

Originally posted by drmego
                        I actually made a set of Watchmen megos last fall for the director of the
                        new movie - Zach Snyder - he and the special effects guy are big
                        mego fans.

I have kept quiet about this until they were done. Soon I will
                        post some jpgs of the figures. My hope is that Zach will show
                        them to Alan Moore and he will give his blessing on making them.
                        Paul:

Are you serious?
                        Love to see those pics.

Hey, if he lent his voice to the Simpsons.. you never know?

Maybe when you see it's something with the tradition of the Mego idea he might go for it.

Look, I just saw the pics and thought, hey why not? Obviously I am not alone in this.

Do you you think they really need " mass appeal " or, rather just enough of a niche market to be profitable.

Good Luck Doc I hope you can do it.

If Watchmen is half of what V for Vendetta was you may be looking at a cult classic in the works

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎