X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Watchmen in costume

Nice to click on pics and see they actually did a good job with the characters.

Topless Robot - Watchmen Pics Look Pleasant Enough
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Nice! It looks pretty gritty; I'm sure the script is witty, and I like the Silk Spectre's .............

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Looks pretty good, and fairly close to the original designs. Didn't Dave Gibbons contribute to the design work for the movie?

I know Alan Moore will come out and publicly decry the flick of course.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        I know Alan Moore will come out and publicly decry the flick of course.
        That's a given, he's got an artist's temperment and never fully recovered from that "LXG" lawsuit. As much as I think he should mellow out (He disowned "V for Vendetta" over a line of dialogue and it was a good adaptation), I respect the fact that he passes on the money, that's commitment.

Ellison once wrote something to the effect of "Meet at the border of Hollywood, get them to throw the money, then throw the book, wash the money, never think of it again. Try not to kill the fan who likes the movie over the book"

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

nice...the chick looks hot
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Looks pretty cool and accurate.

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

No pics of Dr. Manhattan? Is he not in the film or is it he is naked like Mystique from X-Men and they won't show pics of a blue, hairless naked guy?

As for V for Vendetta, I read a whole movie review Moore did and he had many issues with the film. I've never read thre comic or seen the film but he was pretty livid over the fact that they changed the focus from UK politics and history to US politics and history. Based on what he said in his review, the film was all about America and not about the UK. If you're going to make a big budget, American film, ( unlike LOTR trilogy), I supposse you have to expect those changes with a fictional property as oppossed to a historical property, ( Braveheart). It doesn't mean it's right but the producers feel it has to be Americanized to make a profit. Worg-headed thinking I know but....
              Last edited by johnmiic; Mar 6, '08, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

"V" was his FU to the Thatcher administration but it's weird to think you'd make a politically charged science fiction film and not make it relevant to things now. I don't think it's perfectly Americanized either, that's an interesting outlook.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

I thought the 'V' film was same story, tweaked setting. You could easily swap some buildings and add snooty accents, but I don't think it adds or subtracts anything.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

Awesome i was a bit worried that they were going to screw this up.....but it looks fantastic!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by stevemoore
                      I thought the 'V' film was same story, tweaked setting. You could easily swap some buildings and add snooty accents, but I don't think it adds or subtracts anything.
                      They didn't really tweak the setting, still London and the enemy was still a fascist British regime. America was the scapegoat and blamed for the attacks that the Brits actually did themselves.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Airdave817
                        Satellite Monitor Duty
                        • May 31, 2007

Never read V for Vendetta.

Read League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Liked the comic, liked the movie except for the end. I had to make allowances for Tom Sawyer and Dorian Grey.

This should be interesting. Hopefully the guy who did 300 will do right by this one.
                        Shameless self-promotion -
                        Earth-Dave
                        KROC-FM
                        Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                        "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Forgot to comment on the pics. Kinda like the redo on Nite-Owl. Looks like a parody of the movie bat armor. Rorschach is dead perfect. Ozymandias for some reason reminds me of the current Superman. Silk Spectre looks ok.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            They didn't really tweak the setting, still London and the enemy was still a fascist British regime. America was the scapegoat and blamed for the attacks that the Brits actually did themselves.
                            Excellent. My memory is 100% faulty. Join me for my thread in General Buzz where I discuss how 60's Brit band Van Halen was at their best with original frontman Sammy Cherone.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                              Formerly known as Del
                              • Dec 12, 2004

When I saw the movie "V for Vendetta," I wasn't really all that aware of who the original book was directed toward. However, I didn't really feel that the movie version was pointing fingers at a specific group either. It felt more like an attack on fascism in general. I believe that the reason people found the message to be about the United States was because I was reading reviews by an American press, and because of current events. I have to go back and reread the book now, because I always felt that the message was rather timeless and could be applied to various periods of history and culture.
                              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎