Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here pick up the new Evel Knievel figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Anyone here pick up the new Evel Knievel figures?

Was hoping for a review or pics from somebody...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...t-Ordered-Evel
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I've got the 12 inch version (white jumpsuit) coming as a Valentines gift from my wonderful wife. I'll do a pictorial and review once it's officially mine.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Evel has broken free of his box! Photos later today...

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Well I've had time to admire and digest the latest addition to my collection and I have say I'm very pleased with this figure. I had a little bit of a quandary when FTC decided to do two formats of Evel, because I'm trying to thin out my collection so I've had to be more selective in not bringing more duplicates in only to have to go through this same dilemma again. So with Evel I decided to go with the 12 inch... and was I ever pleased with the results.

Evel comes with a one-piece suit made from a pseudo-leather material.

The costume decor is stitched beautifully throughout.

His helmet is a well constructed two-piece design.

You first attach the front piece which has a soft black padding that fits snug on Evel's face.

This front piece has two clips that lock into the slots on either side of the helmet upon sliding the second piece on, leaving a near perfect seal.

This feature allows the helmet to fit snug without damaging the head or the helmet itself when putting on or taking off. And the helmet itself has some very nice detail throughout.

The outfit also has nice custom effects on the cuffs.

And of course the cape is beautifully crafted and attaches with snaps under the front collar.

The figure comes with his iconic black and gold cane and victory stand for posing.

The backer card is beautifully designed and has a wonderful array of pictures detailing his rich history on the back side.

If that's not enough already, it also comes with a designer t-shirt for 1/6th scale figures.

When unpacking you will note the helmet is sealed INSIDE the plastic casing attached to the card. So what I did to preserve the card without lifting the plastic off, was to cut a flap and pull the Helmet out like that. Because of the restrictive nature of the plastic, it allows me to place the helmet back if I desire the stock look in presentation.

And here he is back in his case with the helmet firmly in place as originally seated.

So there you go. That's the figure and his accessories. Excellent figure; Nice head sculpt; and beautiful detailing throughout. I should also note the front of the outfit can be partially pealed back by a Velcro attachment if you desire more of a Brick Mantooth look. But overall a very nice figure and one I received as my Valentine. Hey! Sometimes it's good to be EVEL on heart day.
          Last edited by MIB41; Feb 14, '14, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

That costume is very nice and it looks like he came out really well. FTC does it again

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Just saw these at my comic shop.

The suit fabrication & accessories are exquisite.

I'm not completely sold on the head sculpt, but overall it's a very nice figure.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• piecemaker
                There's no need to fear..
                • Jan 26, 2009

Wow,the 12" figure is very nice.I'll be getting the 8" one eventually.

Comment

• ubermanx
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 3, 2013

The 8" comes with a "mini poster" instead of the T-shirt.

Man o' man a 1/9 shirt would have been way nicer than a crappy mini poster.

Other than that I am really happy with my 8" in blue.

I'll have these for sale at the Hamilton toy show on Monday if anyone is from the area and wants one in either blue or white.

- Marty

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by ubermanx

I'll have these for sale at the Hamilton toy show on Monday if anyone is from the area and wants one in either blue or white.

- Marty
                    Family Day Monday, February 17, 2014
                    Hamilton Toy and Collectible Show
                    Michelangelo’s Banquet Centre, 1555 Upper Ottawa St., Hamilton ON
                    Hours: 10 am to 3 pm
                    Admission $3.00
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Man,....this is one good looking figure. I think i might have to save up a little to add him to my collection.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

Great pics Tom! Now I want one! LOVE the helmet design.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎