Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike77
    • Mar 7, 2009

Nightwing thoughts and comments

I can't wait for the new upcoming Nightwing figure to be released. Dick Grayson has always been my favorite comic book character. Just had a few questions: Will the costume be the 80s Disco one or the modern day version? Also, does anyone think the mask will be removable? I'm hoping for an older sculpt of Dick Grayson to put with my secret identities display.
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

I also am very excited. I will take what they make and be happy, but I would rather it wasnt disco Nightwing. I I prefer the blue and black suit over the red and black New 52. I vote for a painted on mask and a HUSH like head!!! WOOOHOOOO!! I never thought I would see one produced that wasnt Custom.DSCN8296.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

In all fairness, If FTC plans to do classic TT & then a wave of New Teen Titans, they should do 7" Robin for the former and "disco" Nightwing for the latter.

(Esp. since the later blue/black NW is a fairly easy custom.)

I'd like to see an Earth-2 Robin as well; it'd be a way to do another wave to include more foes.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I want Disco Nightwing. I'd like to keep the line "pure", and keep it classic. If you let in the 90s stuff, the New 52 won't be far behind, and there is plenty of that stuff out there for folks who want it.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

PURE What? Pure Mego? Pure 70's? I've never understood the "pure" thing. I want pure super heroes from all genres. Sure there is plenty of the new 52 out there...but no Mego 52. Im just saying pure is not all its cracked up to be. Let there be Mego!!!!!
          Last edited by Fuzzysnail; Feb 5, '14, 9:38 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Dude, that's just wrong.

"Pure" as in "classic" is what I meant. Had Mego stuck around for 2 years, and been smart enough to refreshen the WGSH line, we'd have gotten Nightwing. Heck, we could have got Cyborg, Starfire and Raven if Mego hadn't been off chasing every Sci-Fi movie coming down the pike.

I wouldn't mind more modern versions later, but I'd like to keep it to designs in and around the Mego timeline. Your mileage may vary.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

It sounds like there is a consensus that FTC should "pick up where Mego left off".

Instead of issuing yellow Sinestro or Kyle Rayner they should go back to 1983 and work forward.

Am I reading you right?
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Ummm, we all have our favorites, and each our own idea of What Would Mego Do. Many here will advocate Bronze Age characters and a continuity based upon what Mego might have chosen sensibly had they continued with WGSH waves.

Comparing toy choices to Nazi genocide is a grotesque non sequitur IMO.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2007

I agree That I took it to the extreme. I just get worked up when I hear the term "pure" to describe this toy line. It makes it sound like there is only one way to go and anyone suggesting anything else is just being radical. I know that is not what Chris had in mind when he made his comment. Im happy to see new Figures and I will collect what makes me happy, as will the " purists". Pure just seems to be a trigger word for me. I edited my original post to eliminate any issues.
                  Last edited by Fuzzysnail; Feb 5, '14, 9:39 AM.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

I never compared Toy choices to Nazi Genocide...I compared it to one man with his extreme opinion of Pure. I simply went to the far extreme of the word to express my opinion. Im sure I could have used other comparisons, this was one that popped into my head first with negative conotations. If I said pure as rocky mountain stream water...not the same effect.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I just want him 8 inches, not the 7 inch like the original Teen Titan Megos. I believe the company is still sitting on the fence about that. If you have a preference, I would let them know right now. They're listening.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Nightwing is a grown man, not a teen. He should be 8 inches. Robin is 8 inches, why go backwards and make him 7 inches? He wore the freakin cowl for a while for cryin out loud.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I hope the NTT figures are 8". The Titans should have never been 7", at the age they were depicted.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I agree Chris. When you stand them next to an 8 inch Mego, they look like little kids trick or treating. This could be FTC's historical opportunity to correct that oversight.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I feel the same way--I'd like to see a classic 7" Robin to complement the original TT, but moving forward Nightwing & the New Teen Titans should be 8".

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎