PDA

View Full Version : FTC reveals WGH Series 4 lineup, Teen Titans Series 2, and other 2014 releases!

Scott Beatty
Feb 1, '14, 9:26 PM
http://plasticmemorial.blogspot.com/?view=magazine

Check it out!

Best,

Scott Beatty

MIB41
Feb 1, '14, 9:43 PM
I'm SICK with anticipation. Wow. FTC will have all my money. It's past incredible how much licensing they have wrapped up and how many figures are in production. And if they end up making a Creatures of the night KISS series, I will be all over that. I do wish they had asked one question on the Titans with regards to figure size. Are they keeping the Titans on the smaller bodies including the next series like Night Wing and Cyborg or are they going to chuck those scales and just keep every thing 8 inch? All in all some of the most incredible news i have ever read for Megos. I wonder too if this "new" Batman will be in the vein of Neil Adams? Just amazing stuff. :drool_y:

Mego Milk
Feb 1, '14, 9:49 PM
WOW!

no Beast Boy?

still gonna get em all!

Mego Milk
Feb 1, '14, 9:58 PM
super exciting

palitoy
Feb 1, '14, 10:03 PM
I personally enjoy the thought of Mego type figures I've never seen as opposed to waves of reproductions, so this sounds really good.

Mostly excited about Yvonne Craig's Batgirl being mentioned (I'll take two).

Intrigued by the idea of 18" Mego bodies.

jimsmegos
Feb 1, '14, 10:04 PM
Holy ****! Wow!

Wise4671
Feb 1, '14, 10:11 PM
Wave 4 is 4 new megos :-) not sure how I feel about a new Batman though. I'm glade to see they are going to be doing all the other DC figures :-) and it GREAT news to hear they have 3 years + planned out. And the series 2 Titans man this is AWESOME

fallensaviour
Feb 1, '14, 10:13 PM
Wow,say good bye to all my extra cash for the next three years...lol
Thank you FTC!!!
Always wanted a cyborg figure as well as the rest of the titans.

The Toyroom
Feb 1, '14, 10:14 PM
I'm assuming the new Batman in series 4 may be more Adamsish? It would fit in with Ras Al Ghul and the Commish...

samurainoir
Feb 1, '14, 10:17 PM
NEW TEEN TITANS!!!

Wave 3 I'd love to see Beast Boy, Deathstroke, Brother Blood, and Jericho.

enyawd72
Feb 1, '14, 10:17 PM
Hawkman, people! HAWKMAN!

*faints*

Brown Bear
Feb 1, '14, 10:19 PM
That was jam packed with awesome news! I feel like I'm dreaming.

samurainoir
Feb 1, '14, 10:25 PM
I'm curious to see how they will handle Flash and Green Lantern compared to Mattel's recent versions.

VintageMike
Feb 1, '14, 10:25 PM
Nice. I'm down for Flash, GL, Hawkman & Scarecrow at a least.

powersthatbe
Feb 1, '14, 10:28 PM
just saw this moments ago on facebook before i came here.glad i didn't hit the sack yet:grin:!very exciting news!i like the fact that FTC is already in the process of making new product before making an announcement too premature.wave three of TT would have to have slade wilson and changeling i bet.

Figuremod73
Feb 1, '14, 10:33 PM
Glad that Cyborg is coming. Cant wait to see more on them. To bad they couldnt get Isis. Maybe someday.

Nostalgiabuff
Feb 1, '14, 10:34 PM
Hawkman and Nightwing? count me in. that is awesome news

Figuremod73
Feb 1, '14, 10:36 PM
btw, wanna give a shout out to Scott Beatty for years of great work.

Earth 2 Chris
Feb 1, '14, 10:44 PM
Scott! Awesome to have you here. Thanks for sharing this awesome news!!!

Chris

pmwasson
Feb 1, '14, 10:45 PM
Wow! Sounds like a great lineup.

JediJaida
Feb 1, '14, 10:47 PM
I agree with you about Isis.

But, we're getting Starfire, Raven and Nightwing!

Plus Ra's al Ghul!

Now all we need is Black Canary to go with him. He was better for her than Ollie!

ScottA
Feb 1, '14, 10:50 PM
I am all over these.

TomStrong
Feb 1, '14, 11:12 PM
Man this is great news!

cyberjerk
Feb 1, '14, 11:23 PM
Very exciting! I've re-read that interview about five times already.

madmarva
Feb 1, '14, 11:41 PM
This is pretty exciting stuff. Egghead and Penguin, the Titans, very cool.

tdog
Feb 1, '14, 11:45 PM
I can't afford everything like Im sure most of us cant..but I'll buy the rest of the DC's

The Bat
Feb 2, '14, 12:16 AM
I'm assuming the new Batman in series 4 may be more Adamsish? It would fit in with Ras Al Ghul and the Commish...

GOD I hope so! That would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!

The Bat
Feb 2, '14, 12:20 AM
AWESOME NEWS!! Great time time be a Mego collector!:yes:

cjefferys
Feb 2, '14, 12:38 AM
Whoa, 18" Megos?? Kinda scared about how much they'd cost though.

alex
Feb 2, '14, 12:46 AM
Whoa, 18" Megos?? Kinda scared about how much they'd cost though.

Just imagine if they went the same way as Gentle Giant with the Jumbo's:juggleyes_y:

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Feb 2, '14, 1:09 AM
"Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman have already been sculpted." Ahhhhhh, that is great news! Those are three of my top (if not THE top) for my DC list. Sounds like 3 or the next group of Titans could use the standard bodies instead of the Titan bodies?
Super interview, thanks for posting!

jwyblejr
Feb 2, '14, 2:16 AM
There's a chance we could get a Hall Of Justice? Cool.

ovenmitt
Feb 2, '14, 2:59 AM
THANK YOU, SCOTT AND FTC!

NEW Batman so soon, gotta be Neal Adams/ Jim Aparo like Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul!

My DREAM New Teen Titans wave! Hope they are 8"!

SUPER characters and other original WGSH this summer!

YVONNE CRAIG BATGIRL!

Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman!

18" DC figures!

TOO MUCH TO TAKE IN! Read this past midnight of my 44th birthday Feb. 1! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!

Cannot believe this news is coming 2 weeks before Toy Fair! I am BROKE next 3 years at least! Thanks, again Scott and FTC/ Anthony!

thunderbolt
Feb 2, '14, 4:08 AM
Scarecrow is one more LOD member closer to completion. :) Glad to hear Egghead and Pengy are on the way, too.

levyguy
Feb 2, '14, 5:07 AM
Superman, Flash, Hawkman, Aquaman- excellent!
Looking forward to Kid Flash, and the Bruce Wayne figure looks good too-

Earth 2 Chris
Feb 2, '14, 8:24 AM
In case anyone didn't know, Mr. Beatty has written tons of books on comics and toys, and some great comics as well, including co-writing two of my favorites, Robin: Year One and Batgirl: Year One with Chuck Dixon!

http://www.amazon.com/Batgirl-Robin-Year-CHUCK-DIXON-ebook/dp/B00D7X9POY/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391347426&sr=1-2&keywords=robin+year+one

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81r%2BZ%2BVqWdL._SL1500_.jpg

Chris

silveralex
Feb 2, '14, 8:36 AM
Big Fan of Batgirl: Year One!

and re: the FTC news : OMG!!!!!!
SO many figures, so little money ...

Timothy2251
Feb 2, '14, 8:38 AM
So, we're getting more Titans (Cyborg, Raven. Starfire, probably Disco Nightwing), a Titan-scale Robin, more KISS figures, Tarzan and Jane, '66 Penguin, '66 Egghead, '66 Catwoman (NEWMAR!), '66 Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, A retro Superman line, Green Lantern, Flash AND Hawkman, and an 18" body. Plus other stuff I missed. All in production at this very moment. E,re getting all this, and FTC gets my money. It's good for them, it's good for us, it's good all around.

Well played, Figures Toy Co. Well played, indeed. :applause:

Ivaniski
Feb 2, '14, 8:47 AM
You know..looking at how sharp and well defined the Alfred and Comm.Gordon faces are being displayed. Leads me to believe that an Adam's or Jim Aparo Batman/Bruce Wayne are feasible. I think that finally, the "WGH" action figures will truely resemble their pictures on the card now. YIPEE!!! :drool_y:

I could finally retire my version of an Adam's Batman/Bruce Wayne Mego type figure............pictured below.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/9/4/1/000_0179400x300.jpg?cache=1391348492
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/9/4/1/000_0199400x300.jpg
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/9/4/1/000_0182520x390_974743.jpg
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/9/4/1/000_0176640x480400x300.jpg

JediJaida
Feb 2, '14, 8:50 AM
HEY! He's pretty cool! There's no need to retire him!

Remco Monster
Feb 2, '14, 9:11 AM
I am down for Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Flash and Hawkman. The repros so far haven't been of much interest to me, since I have the originals, but very interested in the characters that weren't made by Mego. The Mattel figures were too far off the mark for my liking.

Not crazy about Bruce and Dick being in the second series of the '66 line, but definitely down with Penguin and Egghead. And of course Batgirl when she comes!

Hall of Justice playset repro would be awesome, but the thought of the cost scares me.

megalomaniac001
Feb 2, '14, 9:38 AM
Two words: second mortgage!

Unless wave two Titans are not done in 8 inch scale, that would be an epic fail.

ubermanx
Feb 2, '14, 10:57 AM
Why do I get the impression that I restarted my interest in Mego as a collector at a fantastic time?

I'm not a huge fan of the secret identity figures but love the idea of Alfred and Jim Gordon.

Now we get more? Even better. Totally in for each superhero. In for all the '66 Batman figures. I even like the Gilligan's Island license.

Was there this much ezcitment when Mattel started the Retro line? I imagine there was.

And I'm suspecting the Type S body sales will be nice and steady as each line from FTC comes. That's not meant as a dig to FTC bodies but I have full intention to swap all my main '66 cast to the Type S body regardless of what shape the FTC body is in.

Also ordered a Type S specifically for Captain Canuck. Just imagine the poses.

- Marty

PNGwynne
Feb 2, '14, 11:22 AM
Very excited to hear of all of this, although I regret no Beast Boy.

(I guess he could be in a Doom Patrol wave.)

Yippee! to Batman66 wave 2 featuring Egghead & Penguin, my two favorites.

MEGOMAN
Feb 2, '14, 11:31 AM
Well, I guess there goes the cash I was going to spend on Hot Toys!!!!

The Toyroom
Feb 2, '14, 11:33 AM
Egghead in Wave 2 of '66? Damn. Now I have to alter my custom card and remove Catwoman. :smiley1: BAM!

hedrap
Feb 2, '14, 12:35 PM
That's a solid assortment.

Did I read that correctly, in that the WGH wave for this summer will include Flash, GL and Hawkman?

Or are they separate for later in the year?

Forget the JLA HQ. They need to make a scale-accurate '66 Batmobile.

PNGwynne
Feb 2, '14, 12:59 PM
And I want a Killer Moth, too--so there!

(We can all dream, can't we?)

sprytel
Feb 2, '14, 1:07 PM
A CTVT thread with 5 pages of universal praise and excitement?!?! Sometimes I don't even recognize this place anymore... :silly:

Captain
Feb 2, '14, 1:09 PM
This is all very cool. Been waiting a looooong time to see some of these characters in this format.
The realist in me has to ask though.... How are they able to finance all this?

AlanJG1
Feb 2, '14, 2:14 PM
This all sounds pretty great and I am really looking forward to seeing the new Batman as well as GL.

My biggest disappointment is that it seems like 12" figures are now off the table.
I wonder if Sideshow put the pressure on to stop that.

comicmike
Feb 2, '14, 2:30 PM
There's a chance we could get a Hall Of Justice? Cool.

...yeah!!! of everything i read in the article, ~that~ deet excited me the most! If they could pull off the Mad Monster Castle, surely the Hall of Justice is doable too...

SpaceAgent
Feb 2, '14, 2:54 PM
This is all welcome news. I'm in for everything mentioned. I also see mention of a Superman wave with Superman, Supergirl, Mxylpltk. Maybe Lois Lane to fill it out? Or Luthor?

megonaught
Feb 2, '14, 3:59 PM
I cant wait.
Looks like we have gotten what we thought we would ever see.
The return of the mego eight inch super heroes.
Thanks to all that made it happen.

supes
Feb 2, '14, 4:36 PM
Oh snap!!! This is friggin AWESOME!!!!!

The Bat
Feb 2, '14, 4:54 PM
You know..looking at how sharp and well defined the Alfred and Comm.Gordon faces are being displayed. Leads me to believe that an Adam's or Jim Aparo Batman/Bruce Wayne are feasible. I think that finally, the "WGH" action figures will truely resemble their pictures on the card now. YIPEE!!! :drool_y:

I could finally retire my version of an Adam's Batman/Bruce Wayne Mego type figure............pictured below.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/9/4/1/000_0176640x480400x300.jpg

Yes, I would "retire" him too.:yes: But I do like the custom Bruce Wayne head sculpt without the GIANT mask.

blastphemey
Feb 2, '14, 4:55 PM
Wow, that interview made me antsy with anticipation

The Bat
Feb 2, '14, 4:57 PM
Man, my dream might come true...a Neal Adams BATMAN & ROBIN! :clap:

HardyGirl
Feb 2, '14, 4:57 PM
OK, late to the party (so what else is new?), but it sounds like Figures are making many Mego dreams come true. Since I'm not all that comic book savvy, I don't know some of these figures you guys are raving about, however, I do want Aqualad, and any of the '66 series, and Superman and any subsequent figures of the Superfriends (if there would be plans to do so). Also the Hall of Justice would be cool as well. And of course, I'd love to see some commercials done in vintage style like one of our friends recently did w/ the X-Men. Even if it was in DVD format (did I just say that?) that was only on sale to us Megoheads, that would rock!

Ivaniski
Feb 3, '14, 8:56 AM
I guess this calms my worries bout' the head sizes....Quoting Scott Beatty:... " FIGURES TOY COMPANY continues to wow Bat-Fans with yet another Facebook reveal: COMMISSIONER GORDON!

Slated for FTC's WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES Series 4, this figure is still in the prototype stage, according to the early posts. Hopefully, like the Series 3 Alfred Pennyworth, Jim Gordon's nicely sculpted head will shrink a bit so that it's in scale with the rest of FTC's DC repro Mego offerings!

So who else in Series 4? Stay tuned to this bloggity-blog! Same Bat-Time! Same Bat-Channel!"

- Scott

FTC are sculpting these heads with great detail and definition......I really like where they're heading (no pun) with these DC character action figures. I'm in 100% to support this line. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Quick footnote: The facial details on Gordon and Alfred resemble that of any 1:6 scale Hot Toys figures........Now (for a 1:9 scale figure).......that's a good thing!!! Ivaniski :smiley1:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EwAIqdl80Io/UulEdcv13dI/AAAAAAAACT8/BFQBPgPjbM8/s1600/1796526_580677155359335_107701598_n.jpg

thunderbolt
Feb 3, '14, 12:21 PM
This is all welcome news. I'm in for everything mentioned. I also see mention of a Superman wave with Superman, Supergirl, Mxylpltk. Maybe Lois Lane to fill it out? Or Luthor?

Kent would make the most sense and make it an all repro wave, unless they save him for the second wave to have a Superman presence in it.

jwyblejr
Feb 3, '14, 1:54 PM
I guess this calms my worries bout' the head sizes....Quoting Scott Beatty:... " FIGURES TOY COMPANY continues to wow Bat-Fans with yet another Facebook reveal: COMMISSIONER GORDON!

Slated for FTC's WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES Series 4, this figure is still in the prototype stage, according to the early posts. Hopefully, like the Series 3 Alfred Pennyworth, Jim Gordon's nicely sculpted head will shrink a bit so that it's in scale with the rest of FTC's DC repro Mego offerings!

So who else in Series 4? Stay tuned to this bloggity-blog! Same Bat-Time! Same Bat-Channel!"

- Scott

FTC are sculpting these heads with great detail and definition......I really like where they're heading (no pun) with these DC character action figures. I'm in 100% to support this line. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Quick footnote: The facial details on Gordon and Alfred resemble that of any 1:6 scale Hot Toys figures........Now (for a 1:9 scale figure).......that's a good thing!!! Ivaniski :smiley1:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EwAIqdl80Io/UulEdcv13dI/AAAAAAAACT8/BFQBPgPjbM8/s1600/1796526_580677155359335_107701598_n.jpg

They already said Scarecrow,Ra's al Ghul and another version of Batman were in Wave Four.

pmwasson
Feb 3, '14, 1:59 PM
It would be pretty neat to make a custom Giant Man on the 18" body.

jeffbearco
Feb 3, '14, 3:20 PM
Now I'm curious who will be in the 18" format? If they did the big 3, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, would they include secret identity clothes. At that scale, I'd hope Batman's cowl would actually be cloth or at least cloth with a thin plastic upper face that would look more realistic than the original Mego 8" with removable cowl. I don't think a helmet would do in that size.

And for once, can Batman actually come with a batarang??? I don't think that is too much to ask.

I'm anxious to see how the costumes come out for Teen Titans. If they finally get the female heads right, I'm hoping they redo Wonder Girl. Either that or I'll get a Wonder Girl and put her costume on my extra Matel 8" Wonder Woman mego-like figure.

And I hope they do Cyborg right! It would be great if they did chrome on the head, arms and legs!

JeffBearCO

jeffbearco
Feb 3, '14, 3:24 PM
Oh, and it is a tremendous cop-out not to have jointed arms on the female figures!!!

JeffBearCO

JediJaida
Feb 3, '14, 4:03 PM
I told them that, but they don't listen!

warlock664
Feb 3, '14, 6:01 PM

Okay, I can relate to the enthusiasm, but if you truly believe that, you should share what you're smoking ! :wink_y:
That Gordon sculpt is way too soft to compare favorably to Hot Toys.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome for what it is, but it isn't anywhere near as detailed as a Hot Toys sculpt, nor would I expect it to be for the price.

Ivaniski
Feb 4, '14, 6:18 AM
Okay, I can relate to the enthusiasm, but if you truly believe that, you should share what you're smoking ! :wink_y:
That Gordon sculpt is way too soft to compare favorably to Hot Toys.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome for what it is, but it isn't anywhere near as detailed as a Hot Toys sculpt, nor would I expect it to be for the price.

I know my friend.....i have a few Hot Toys figures myself and strongly believe that their facial detail are 2nd to none. However, for a 1/9 scale head (Gordon,Alfred) to be made to truly replicate the 80's or 90's comic book version of themselves (Hot toys League :smile:)......makes my enthusiasm soar! You,..yourself stated that....."Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome for what it is" . And.....That's exactly my point, still in it's prototype stage.........It's looking "Awesome". :wink:
For 1/9 scale........WooHoo!!! :drool_y: Things are looking good at FTC land........We all win!!! :yes:

Footnote: I believe Mego (back in the days) was heading this route, towards the end of their run... with these (2) specific heads in the "WGSH line"....Mr.Fantastic and Invisible Girl. She looked better detailed then their previous female characters and so did Strecho..in reference to the male line.

PNGwynne
Feb 8, '14, 9:08 AM
Honestly, I appreciate the quality of the sculpts, but I wouldn't want them too detailed like HT--it would throw off the Mego vibe IMO.

warlock664
Feb 8, '14, 1:50 PM
^^^
Precisely!

samurainoir
Feb 9, '14, 11:33 PM
Vinyl heads don't hold the same amount of detail that harder plastics, like Hot Toys or even NECA's recent Jason and Freddy do.

After my initial enthusiasm for the New Teen Titans, I'm starting to wonder how they will do Starfire and Cyborg. Will she have a Tamarian "Flesh" body suit? I've also never been really overly fond of the clunky Mego female body. I might have to do a Zica transplant. Also, how will they do Cyborg's limbs? I'd hope for new arm and leg sculpts, but I'm suspecting a more "Mego" solution is to have some kind of cloth "sleeves" done in metallic printed fabric.

Astronut
Feb 13, '14, 9:34 AM
18-Inch format. Why? I thought it was a typo when I read that. Who even wanted that scale... and they're probably going to be priced at $150 - $200 a pop. Who can afford to collect them? Seriously. Why?