Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Mego production date stamped on figures...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyldpny
    Star Trek Mego Customizer
    • Jan 29, 2008

Star Trek Mego production date stamped on figures...

It has been said that even though the figures have a production date stamped on the body of 1974, the figures were actually introduced and first seen in catalogs in 1975.
    My question is does every Star Trek Mego figure all have the 1974 date stamped on the body or do later Star Trek produced figures, say the type 2 bodies and/or the Aliens for example have 1975 or later date stamped on them?
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
    Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
    Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by wyldpny
    It has been said that even though the figures have a production date stamped on the body of 1974, the figures were actually introduced and first seen in catalogs in 1975.
    My question is does every Star Trek Mego figure all have the 1974 date stamped on the body or do later Star Trek produced figures, say the type 2 bodies and/or the Aliens for example have 1975 or later date stamped on them?
    If you're talking about the original T1 ST figures, they'd probably have 1971 stamped on their bodies, as that's the copyright date on the T1 body.

As for the T2, they'd be marked as 1974 because that's when the T2 body was introduced.

The only thing that could make any difference as far as dates go would be whatever (if anything) is stamped on their necks,.

Comment

• wyldpny
      • Jan 29, 2008

Oops, sounds like I am asking about dates stamped on the wrong body part then.
      Yes, I am looking for what dates would represent the actual figure which I guess means the date stamped on the neck?
      Does anyone on here have a few loose aliens that they look at the necks and see what the dates are stamped on them for me please?
      Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
        • Jan 29, 2008

So, can anyone help on this?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎