• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Official Mego Meet Exclusive Announcement: Please Read

Greetings All,

After talking to the other mods and some key members I've decided to make some changes to the Official Mego Meet Exclusive figures beginning this year. We've had an amazing run the last 9 years but the times - they are a changing. I had thought about starting these changes beginning next year but decided to go ahead with this year. Here are the basic changes:

1. Pre-sale: Beginning with the 2014 figures I will put them up for pre-sale effective the first weekend in February. What this does is allow people who cannot make Mego Meet a chance to be guaranteed a figure before the meet even begins. It also allows any attending a guarantee of getting one no matter when they show up. But the main thing this does is allow me to complete the figures. I paid for everything on Snyderman up front out of my own pocket, which I had no issues doing. However, with me being unemployed again, I don't have the same disposable income at the moment. I've come too far on them now to turn back. It also gives people time to save their pennies should they decide they want one.

How this will work is tomorrow I will put the figure(s) up for pre-order. Please note this is NOT a holding service. You must pay for the figure in full. If you don't get paid for 2 weeks or until the end of the month wait until you have money in hand (or paypal) to contact me. You can pick it up at the meet or I will mail it to you when I get back from the show or pay for it during the show.

2. Number of figures: I've decided to reduce the total number of figures available from 40 to 30. There were several factors in this decision. I'm hoping with the reduction of figures people will be more inclined to buy now rather than later knowing there are not as many available. I've also been told maybe 30 is still too many. The pre-sale will help me gage that as well so this number could drop.

3. Cost: This is the one I had the most trouble with. But after weighing what I have to pay for heads, bodies, outfits, accessories and seeing what other customizers sell theirs for I need to do this. The price will be $65 now. I've been told that's still a pretty good deal for the quality figures I want to produce. We'll see when they go on pre-sale.

BONUS INFO: Here's some information on future Mego Meet exclusives.

In 2015 I am doing 2 different figures (15 of each). You can buy one or the other or both. In fact I've already started on one of them.
    In 2016 I am doing Mego Meets first ever female exclusive. I have an idea of what I want to do but I will probably put out a poll to see what people want. Hopefully I don't start seeing a flood of customs of who I have in mind

I will post a picture of one of the figures tomorrow and how they will be sold. I have something special to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Mego Meet. There is also something special for the auction as usual.

So there you go. That's pretty much it. The plus side is everyone will know what the figures will be this weekend so you will be able to decide if it's one you want. I know customs are very subjective and not everyone will be interested in these figures. And that's ok. But I'm hoping that the quality of the figure and the event it commemorates helps change your mind too. So please - BUY.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Nice! Can't wait to see who it is!!!

Comment

• ubermanx
      Career Member
      • Jul 3, 2013

You couldn't release the figures right away?

I put myself on a voluntary "no buying in February" moratorium. Zero Paypal transactions for the shortest month of the year.

Because of this it looks like I won't make it past day one!

Gahhh ... and Manmates. Ahh well, maybe I'll try to not buy anything in March

- Marty

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Bea Arthur gets her due at last!!! we've been demanding this for years, at last SOMEONE is listening.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

so what's the figure?

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

very well put Scott. We'll do our part to help and look forward to the pics!

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Can't wait to see it. Since it's the tenth anniversary figure I pretty much consider this a "buy" no matter what it is. On my way out now so I'll check back later.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

Try not to get hurt when I throw my money at you!!!

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

I'll try, lol. I hope to have new pictures up of Tonto and the auction set soon.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Vinny0026
                    Year Five!!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

I might have missed it - but who will this years figure be?
                    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

I think it's Rob Ford on a fat Penguin body but I'm not sure.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Wise4671
                        Banned
                        • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                        I might have missed it - but who will this years figure be?
                        Lone Ranger and Tonto

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                          I think it's Rob Ford on a fat Penguin body but I'm not sure.
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎