X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Need NON-Batman DC characters, too!

FTC said Commissioner Gordon is in Retro Batman Series 4, that's fine, but where are NON-Batman DC characters, too? Teen Titans is coming, but the JLA case was shown before TT!

8 more Mego DC figures need reissuing

Superman- Just celebrated 75 YEARS!
    Clark Kent
    Supergirl- Has her own comic book!
    Mr Mxyzptlk
    Wonder Woman- Hot because Gal Gadot casting!
    Aquaman- Gets 2nd comic book in April!
    Green Arrow- Has Arrow TV show!
    Shazam- Appears in Justice League War DVD movie in Feb!

Then there's the REST of DC MULTIVERSE! FTC should use the 1980s Who's Who 26 issue comic book series for reference, it's served me well!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Agreed, although I don't think anyone would be too hurt if Mxy is dead last in the line. He's the least popular figure in the whole WGSH line.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Wasimhosen
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 23, 2011

Their going to go with what sells and that's Batman. Once the line gets going and is making them some money they can take some chances. I'd rather they go slow so they can have this line last for years and we can see all of our dream figures.

Comment

• TomStrong
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Agreed, although I don't think anyone would be too hurt if Mxy is dead last in the line. He's the least popular figure in the whole WGSH line.

Chris
        And an annoying character.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by TomStrong
          And an annoying character.
          Isn't that the point?
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I always liked Mxyzptlk...hope he gets made!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Me, too. Nothing wrong with Mxyzptlk, fans are just po'd he was made and not Brainiac, Bizarro, Luthor. Also, the original Mego Mxy is rather off-model.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

I like Mxyzptlk (was introduced to him on Super Friends cartoon) I had the Mego but looking back he is too tall and FAT! Still cannot believe Mxy was chosen over Lex Luthor BEST Superman villain! When did Luthor get his purple/ green jumpsuit! Challenge of the Super Friends Legion of Doom episodes 1978-79 was all the advertisement Mego needed for more DC figures!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Mxy was introduced by Mego in Feb. '74.

Back then, Lex was wearing a business suit or gray shirt/trousers.

I'm sure Toyroom knows exactly when Luthor donned the magenta/green jumpsuit--'76?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

If they do Mxy, someone better inform FTC he needs to be closer to scale, as in kid-figure proportions.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                      That 80's guy
                      • Jul 27, 2011

Cant wait for the non batman stuff to start. If they went with Ovenmitts list I would definately get Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl since I have the others already.

Would really like to see Brainiac squeezed in there at some point to.

Then there's the REST of DC MULTIVERSE! FTC should use the 1980s Who's Who 26 issue comic book series for reference, it's served me well!
                      Yes and please by all means stay away from the more modern takes.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Mxy was introduced by Mego in Feb. '74.

Back then, Lex was wearing a business suit or gray shirt/trousers.

I'm sure Toyroom knows exactly when Luthor donned the magenta/green jumpsuit--'76?

Lex's purple/green jumpsuit was first introduced in "Superman" #282 (December 1974)
                        So definitely within the Mego era and preceding "Challenge of the Super Friends" by a few years.
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for the clarification/correction!

Dec.'74 is too late for the development of the Super-Foes wave (which premiered Feb. '74), but Mego could have done Luthor later in SF-style.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                            If they do Mxy, someone better inform FTC he needs to be closer to scale, as in kid-figure proportions.
                            Taking a look at FTCs Batman and Robin, it looks as if the business model is to make a carbon copy repro first and then an adjusted retake in a later wave (or for Teen Titan Robin, an exclusive).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

^ Myx may be the best figure to break this trend with, as he seems pretty unpopular as-is. FTC could still use the standard head on a child body with a re-sized suit.

Or, they could release a variant, smaller second version in a two-pack with a new Bat-Mite!

Egad, that would be awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎