X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cardzilla
    • Nov 25, 2007

Mego Supergirl

Hi,

One of my daughter has been asking me about the Mego Supergirl (i.e. I showed her the picture of Supergirl on Mego Museum card #23). Now, she wants to have one. I'm somewhat new to Mego toys. My questions are:

1. Have they ever re-produced Mego Supergirl figure ?
    2. What kind of price tag am I looking at (used vs. new vs. re-production) ?
    3. Where can one find Mego toys (besides the Market Forum) ?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

1) No, put some of the parts have been reproduced. See here
    Supergirl: WGSH Gallery: Mego Museum

2) An original Supergirl can very depending on how complete she is. She can fetch $100-$125 with her shoes, cape and emblem. She can be $60-$80 without those key parts. A reproduction you'll have to piece together yourself. By the time you buy the head, shoes, cape, emblem, belt and body, you're probably in $35-$40. Then you need a reproduction suit. I think Brian Leitner makes them, but that's probably another $20-$25 at least.

3) Outside of Marketplace, ebay is the best place to buy. Reproduction parts can be had from Home and Leitners site is http://hometown.aol.com/bleit1702/

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Leitner makes a nice Supergirl suit most definitely...can't go wrong there for the price.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Ah, another Mego-head in the making :D What a nice Dad you are!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Can't go wrong with a repro if you want your daughter to play with it....I pieced together a Repro for my daughter before she was born and now she plays with it. Brian Leitner suit, Doc mego head and other parts..Real Mego Female body = One Cool Dad!

Comment

• Cardzilla
            • Nov 25, 2007

Thank you all for the wealth of information. My intention is for my daughter to play with it. My daughter loves to play with super-hero related toy figures. I'm guessing it'll cost me at least $65 to put together a Repro. I'll start my Repro plan with Mego Doc's and Brian Leitner's websites.

Am I wrong to assume the 'body' part is all same (perhaps with different colors) for female figures ?

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Cardzilla
              Am I wrong to assume the 'body' part is all same (perhaps with different colors) for female figures ?
              Nope, you're right. Except for the color (Zira, Uhura, Witch) the female bodies are exactly the same
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

I saw this auction and thought of you nice dad

ORIGINAL MEGO HEAD: SUPERGIRL SUPER GIRL - eBay (item 110231121194 end time Mar-13-08 16:22:48 PDT)

Comment

• Cardzilla
                  • Nov 25, 2007

It's good that the 'body' part is all same...thanks.

I'm only a nice dad when the kids get the things out of me...

I'll check out the ebay site (per link). I don't have an eBay account as of now but I may have to create one. I appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎