PDA

View Full Version : Alfred prototpye on FTC Facebook Page

Corellian Corvette
Jan 27, '14, 5:19 PM

From the FTC facebook page

pmwasson
Jan 27, '14, 5:25 PM
Not bad. I like the head sculpt. The purple pants are a bit distracting, but match the reference picture.

Brown Bear
Jan 27, '14, 5:32 PM
I love it....already pre-ordered.

Mego Milk
Jan 27, '14, 5:34 PM
Finally!!!

Mego Milk
Jan 27, '14, 5:34 PM
..and perfect.

sprytel
Jan 27, '14, 5:35 PM
Head looks kinda big... but otherwise nice.

TomStrong
Jan 27, '14, 5:36 PM
I like him! Don't care for the card though.

enyawd72
Jan 27, '14, 5:37 PM
That is soooo cool.

MIB41
Jan 27, '14, 5:42 PM
Very nice! I like the head sculpt! Very much like the classic comics. Looks like the pants are from the '66 Joker, but that works here too. Great job FTC!

Figuremod73
Jan 27, '14, 5:45 PM
FTC is doing a good job so far on the head sculpts.

pmwasson
Jan 27, '14, 5:48 PM
I love it....already pre-ordered.

I have the whole wave pre-ordered! Can't wait to see Alfred in person.

JediJaida
Jan 27, '14, 5:52 PM
I like the look of this figure, but the pants need pressing, I think.

Other than that, they really nailed his likeness.

Hedji
Jan 27, '14, 5:58 PM
It looks swell! I would've been okay with it if the whole shirt and bow tie had been silk screened, like Pengin, Joker, and Mego Dracula. It's almost too much costume detail for the vintage Mego feel.

wayne foundation 07
Jan 27, '14, 6:09 PM
Has an Edgar Allen Poe look to him

The Bat
Jan 27, '14, 6:38 PM
Head looks kinda big.

That was my first thought as well.:down:

Nostalgiabuff
Jan 27, '14, 7:02 PM
looks great. I will definitely be picking this one up

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Jan 27, '14, 7:22 PM
Wow, that does look sharp. I thought it was an odd choice for a figure but Alfred looks very good.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 27, '14, 8:22 PM
N-I-C-E!!!

Chris

ubermanx
Jan 27, '14, 8:35 PM
I actually like the fact that the costume is more advanced then a simple recolour of Penguin's.

The pants do look a little loose but look how loose proto Robin's tights were compared to the factory samolebwe saw later.

Either way, no matter what, I'm happy I ordered a case.

- Marty

CrimsonGhost
Jan 27, '14, 8:55 PM
I think the angle of the photo is making the head look big. The sculpt looks pretty good.

Random Axe
Jan 27, '14, 9:08 PM
I've been kinda lukewarm to the repro line, but WOW does this look good. The head has a Connery vibe to it. Outstanding. I am truly impressed and will definitely purchase.

SpaceAgent
Jan 27, '14, 9:18 PM
Nice work. I hope we see a Jim Gordon before too long.

rche
Jan 27, '14, 9:29 PM
I've been kinda lukewarm to the repro line, but WOW does this look good. The head has a Connery vibe to it. Outstanding. I am truly impressed and will definitely purchase.

I was picking up a Connery vibe outta ths as well. Was wondering if the customs community might use it as such.

Spyweb007
Jan 27, '14, 9:31 PM
I've noticed in the past with ctvt that copies of pre-existing head sculpts are always a little smaller than new sculpts. Either way, Alfred looks good to me, looking forward to getting one.:)

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 27, '14, 9:35 PM
Connery as Alfred? Would certainly work with Alfred's past as a British intelligence agent, huh?

Chris

PNGwynne
Jan 27, '14, 10:23 PM
I have to admit I'm surprised by the clothing--it's closer to Mego's Wizard of Oz than Joker. But well-designed--nice sculpt, too.

ovenmitt
Jan 27, '14, 10:42 PM
I am pleased! Perfect representation of Alfred who deserves a Bat Mego! He's been Bruce Wayne's loyal butler and friend for 75 years hasn't he? Now we need an Alan Napier Alfred for Batman 66!

I thought Alfred's outfit would be like Joker's and Penguin's not as detailed as Wizard of Oz, thanks for reminding me!

tllgn
Jan 27, '14, 10:47 PM
i like it,but the face looks like he is mad ,i am not displeased with it ,i just thought he should have a dignified pleasant small smile.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Jan 27, '14, 10:53 PM

I saw Connery in there after I super-sized the image. I like this character as a generic figure as well. You can dress Alfred in anything and it looks like he' on a mission like an older Action Man! But, he needs a Castaway trigger hand and fist.

sprytel
Jan 27, '14, 11:24 PM
As someone pointed out on their Facebook post, the card style is different than the previous waves... with just the single artwork, instead of the faces of the various figures in the wave.

I wonder if that is a reaction to some of the criticism of the cards?

ScottA
Jan 27, '14, 11:32 PM
I really like it. I wish it came with a serving tray though.

PNGwynne
Jan 27, '14, 11:36 PM
LOL I was thinking that, too--like the B:TAS series figure.

I suspect the revised card art is due to having used up all the Batman 66 stock art?

jwyblejr
Jan 28, '14, 12:12 AM
I don't have a problem with the head size. It is just a prototype after all.

jimsmegos
Jan 28, '14, 12:23 AM
I like it. It fits in the Mego Universe seamlessly where as the Mattel Retro's needed a little imagination to help with total acceptance. The head does look a little familiar to me. Not Connery, but like some other figure I've seen before but can't put my finger on it.

megocrazy
Jan 28, '14, 12:52 AM
Not thrilled with the purple pants either but ill be grabbing one.

HardyGirl
Jan 28, '14, 1:05 AM
This one does kinda look like the Filmation Alfred, but since the first Alfred I ever saw is Alan Napier, I'll wait for the '66 version.

madmarva
Jan 28, '14, 2:42 AM
I like Alfred. I'm glad he's not just in a printed suit. With a little work, that head could sub as Lee Van Cleef, who played a ton of Bad guys in Westerns and I think a ninja in a short-lived TV series.

Can't wait to see what ctvt does with more fresh figures after this excellent start.

alex
Jan 28, '14, 5:07 AM
The pants certainly stand out, but this will probably be my first figure from this company.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 28, '14, 6:07 AM
The pants are comic accurate to most portrayals up through the bronze age. This is from the early 90s loose-leaf Who's Who:

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090929215846/marvel_dc/images/7/77/Alfred_Pennyworth_003.jpg

Chris

The Bat
Jan 28, '14, 7:03 AM
I don't have a problem with the head size. It is just a prototype after all.

It's true they do usually shrink when they're roto-cast in China.

thunderbolt
Jan 28, '14, 7:23 AM
cool, now Alice from the Brady line will have someone to talk shop.

The Toyroom
Jan 28, '14, 7:31 AM
FTC is really stepping up their game...

Astronut
Jan 28, '14, 8:43 AM
I think it's pretty awesome and I'll get one for sure. But I have to say, I think he looks sort of angry, almost villain-like. Not what I expected. I think Mego would have done his expression in a more pleasant way. Like I said, I'm on board with all of these regardless. So happy they're making these.

megonaught
Jan 28, '14, 9:15 AM
Really nice.
But thats not the way mego would have done his suit.
It would have been a recycle of the penguin suit.
All silkscreened.
I do like it tho

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 28, '14, 9:20 AM
I think it's pretty awesome and I'll get one for sure. But I have to say, I think he looks sort of angry, almost villain-like. Not what I expected. I think Mego would have done his expression in a more pleasant way. Like I said, I'm on board with all of these regardless. So happy they're making these.

I think his face says "I just zinged Master Bruce with my dry wit". Early Mego would have made him with a smile, but a later release may have been more like this.

Chris

madmarva
Jan 28, '14, 9:36 AM
Glad ctvt isn't going with goofy grins and a printed costume where more serious facial expressions and individual pieces of clothing are more appropriate. It gives me hope the line will have longer legs than just reproducing vintage figures.

If the line is going to survive past doing repros, it has to go beyond what was acceptable to children 40 years ago. Too me, the Alfred figure and too a degree the 66 Batman figures shows Ctvt is making an effort to not just capture the 70s nostalgia crowd who are mego fans but also to pursue fans of the characters in general. To me that's a good sign.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 28, '14, 9:49 AM
^I'd like to see them refresh their comic line with Bronze Age accurate figures of Batman, Robin and Catwoman. Long ears, stern face on Batman. Parted hair on Robin. Catwoman in the purple dress, etc.

Chris

dr_cyclops
Jan 28, '14, 10:04 AM
Don't care much for the card design. Wish they had stayed with the head shot side-cars.

Troy
Jan 28, '14, 12:49 PM
There has been a place for him in my Wayne Foundation for many, many years....

Corellian Corvette
Jan 29, '14, 1:54 AM
As someone pointed out on their Facebook post, the card style is different than the previous waves... with just the single artwork, instead of the faces of the various figures in the wave.

I wonder if that is a reaction to some of the criticism of the cards?

I just noticed it. Wow I'm slipping. I don't like it at all. Stick with the vintage vibe.

SpaceAgent
Jan 29, '14, 3:04 PM
Nice work. I hope we see a Jim Gordon before too long.

Wow. I just said that yesterday with no knowledge of what was coming today.

I hope we see a Yvonne Craig Batgirl before too long!

ribefex
Jan 30, '14, 7:36 AM
Wonderful character choice and quite nice figure. Everything looks as a final product to me, not a prototype. Unfortunately I donīt expect a smaller head.

Boywonder0
Jan 30, '14, 10:54 AM
FTC is the new Mego's king!

MEMEGO
Jan 31, '14, 3:54 AM
I like it more then the gordon. Should be skinner though, anyone think of a thinner body that can be used?

Ivaniski
Jan 31, '14, 1:24 PM
Wonderful character choice and quite nice figure. Everything looks as a final product to me, not a prototype. Unfortunately I donīt expect a smaller head.

Probably.....I have some good news here for those who may be worriied of "Big head syndrome" for Alfred and Comm.Godon. The advertisement-Banner on FTC page (pictured below) shows Alfred beside Batman and Robin, in which Alfred's head and body are on near 1:1 scale, without any deviation in head size...as compared to Batman & Robin. :yes:

Hit picture to enlarge.......
http://megomuseum.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=10209

fallensaviour
Jan 31, '14, 9:46 PM
Looks fantastic!!!
This is a must have figure for sure.
Call me impressed.

THE FALCON
Feb 1, '14, 2:00 AM
Don't like the card.