Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10" JLU Hourman only Released in Singapore???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • highquality
    #1 Super Guy
    • Jun 10, 2003

10" JLU Hourman only Released in Singapore???

Are they kidding with this crap??

This is the first and ONLY 10" JLU Hourman I've ever seen:

Justice League Unlimited 10" Hourman Extremely Rare Now - eBay (item 130199638810 end time Feb-24-08 12:46:16 PST)

Ever since I saw it on the back of the new boxes, I couldn't wait to get one.

Now, what am I supposed to do??

Stupid Stupid Stupid.
    WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

That is lame... I ran across a 12" Phasing ManHunter the other day..., 1st time I saw him. He was quite neat.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• gman
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 4, 2002

Man -- now I am going to haunt the Big Lots and Dollar Generals again... Thanks Heath

That is so cool.... I bet they were 1 to every 10 cases.
      Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel has always had the most brain dead case assortments and distribution with the JLU figures.

When they first came out I was going to collect them and picked up a couple figures (Batman, Superman and Flash). Then I just said the heck with it. I got sick of looking at stacks and stacks of peg warming Superman and Batman varients and not once seeing Wonder Woman or Hawkgirl.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Big deal, its a repainted Atom with a cape. The 10 inch line is even deader than the 4 inch one, so its no surprise.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I just finally grabbed a Hawkgirl at Big Lots yesterday. I've been gathering up a set for future Christmas presents for my boys. I love the character, but I don't think they could have made his JLU costume anymore bland if they tried. I'm not even sure which version this guy is. If I see him for $9.99 I'll get him for the play value, but that's it.

Mattel bites.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

that sucks,I'll keep an eye out in case one appears here
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Okay, I went to check my creepy arse Big Lots to see if I could find any. After scouring the dismal toy area to no avail I finally spotted one JLU three-pack face down. Guess what? Some one had stolen all three figures out of it. Just dandy and I still have not seen a Wondy at retail.

You know, this is why I prefer shopping online.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 4, '08, 9:42 PM. Reason: typos
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  Alan Scott is the best GL
                  • Aug 8, 2007

with every release ly list of JLU wants I have only seen on ebay increases, and I decided I will not support scalpers.
                  It's a shame they have made figures I NEVER thought to see in mass market like SAND, Fire, Ice, Rocket Red, obsidian (each has maybe 45 seconds of air time). Other stuff they put out baffles me (i love Prof Zoom but there are plenty of characters that actually appear in JLU to make and all the wacky paint scemes of recycled characters that aren't from the show). I am fine with Huntress she has 2 discinct paint schemes but that matches her 2 color palettes in the show see double date versus question authority). I understand agree you need to have certain characters present for general sales (bats, superman, wonderwoman) but wacky paint jobs is only geared at collector marketing. Kids want them as they look on tv (I tried to give my daughter one of the battle damaged hawgirls she wanted no part of it)

nevermind Grundy (he has 2 whole episode devoted to him) and Shayera as con exclusives only (again several episodes worth)
                  or HAL as the in house giveaway.
                  It isn't like they have to spend alot on new die molding - most of the time they use generic bodies with paint aps so the only new molds are some heads and accessories.

Mattel doesn't seem to care but WALMART and KMART sure did since they dropped the line. by me Target's shelves are full of the same 3packs or recycled figs from the orange cards on purple ones (i assume the good stuff was scalped by the workers for ebay too) and because of targets dpi system they can't even clearence the stuff that isn't selling to make room for new cases.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

with every release ly list of JLU wants I have only seen on ebay increases, and I decided I will not support scalpers.
                    It's a shame they have made figures I NEVER thought to see in mass market like SAND, Fire, Ice, Rocket Red, obsidian (each has maybe 45 seconds of air time). Other stuff they put out baffles me (i love Prof Zoom but there are plenty of characters that actually appear in JLU to make and all the wacky paint scemes of recycled characters that aren't from the show). I am fine with Huntress she has 2 discinct paint schemes but that matches her 2 color palettes in the show see double date versus question authority). I understand agree you need to have certain characters present for general sales (bats, superman, wonderwoman) but wacky paint jobs is only geared at collector marketing. Kids want them as they look on tv (I tried to give my daughter one of the battle damaged hawgirls she wanted no part of it)

nevermind Grundy (he has 2 whole episode devoted to him) and Shayera as con exclusives only (again several episodes worth)
                    or HAL as the in house giveaway.
                    It isn't like they have to spend alot on new die molding - most of the time they use generic bodies with paint aps so the only new molds are some heads and accessories.

Mattel doesn't seem to care but WALMART and KMART sure did since they dropped the line. by me Target's shelves are full of the same 3packs or recycled figs from the orange cards on purple ones (i assume the good stuff was scalped by the workers for ebay too) and because of targets dpi system they can't even clearence the stuff that isn't selling to make room for new cases.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎