PDA

View Full Version : Any guesses on who will be in waves four and five?

enyawd72
Jan 24, '14, 3:48 AM
Wave four, I'm guessing Superman, Clark Kent, Mxyzptlk for sure and one new figure...Lois Lane, Bizarro, Jor-El or Zod.

Wave five, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman and Supergirl.

thunderbolt
Jan 24, '14, 4:02 AM
Flash and GL are shown on the JLA case. I'm more curious about the 66 waves.

jayraytee
Jan 24, '14, 9:11 AM
Are we sure that the next wave of non-66 are not going to be more from the Batman series?

Bronxboykev
Jan 24, '14, 11:01 AM
Are we sure that the next wave of non-66 are not going to be more from the Batman series?

Wave 3 has never been a secret... Removable Mask Batman and Robin, Batgirl and Alfred... Just my opinion I dont think we will see a wave of all Newbies. I think they WILL mix in 1 or 2 newbies with some old staples. I think there may be a fear of a bad set sale if they put 4 newbies out that dont sell well... Just one person's opinion. We shall see.

mego
Jan 24, '14, 11:46 AM
Aunt Harriet.

jayraytee
Jan 24, '14, 11:56 AM
Wave 3 has never been a secret... Removable Mask Batman and Robin, Batgirl and Alfred... Just my opinion I dont think we will see a wave of all Newbies. I think they WILL mix in 1 or 2 newbies with some old staples. I think there may be a fear of a bad set sale if they put 4 newbies out that dont sell well... Just one person's opinion. We shall see.

I know 3 has been known a long time. I am just saying how do we know the Batman line will branch into other superheroes with wave 4? They could easily follow the format of other Batman lines and make an arctic batman and robin with poison ivy and Mr Freeze. If you know what I mean. What if the 'super friends' are part of their own line?

Figuremod73
Jan 24, '14, 12:27 PM
What if the 'super friends' are part of their own line?

I was thinking recently how neat it would be to have a Universe of Evil Superman and a Black Knight Superman from the Worlds Greatest Superfriends season.

ovenmitt
Jan 24, '14, 4:54 PM
I hope Wave 4 has Superman, an ALL Mego Superman reissue wave with Superman, Clark Kent, Supergirl, and Mr. Mxyzptlk would be nice! Wish Superman had made it in 2013 his 75th anniversary!

Then Wave 5 could be Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Shazam to complete original 21 Mego DC characters! C'mon, Wonder Woman is hot now with Gal Gadot being cast in the role for at least 3! movies and Green Arrow has his own TV show! Shazam is in the Justice League: War animated movie next month and Aquaman is getting a 2nd monthly comic book in April! ALL these characters appear in Justice League comic books! Time is ripe!

Vinny0026
Jan 24, '14, 6:47 PM
Before we see wave 4 - we will see dukes of hazard remakes and the teen titan remakes

My guess after that is a superman wave as others here have said.
my guess is superman, bizarre, superboy and Jimmy olsen

Wasimhosen
Jan 24, '14, 7:59 PM
I'm not too interested in Arctic Batman and Robin. Give us GL and Flash.

megocrazy
Jan 25, '14, 1:11 AM
Do they have the entire DC universe or just Batman affiliated characters? If it is the whole license I'm confused as to why they stuck around Batman with the first 12 releases. I think there are a ton of choices they could have made that would have been more desirable. I always assumed based on their character selection that they were limited to the Batman family of characters.

samurainoir
Jan 25, '14, 2:35 AM
^^^
they have the teen titans, so it's not just Batman.

But if you want to get the best return on your investment quickly, Batman is the one everyone always wants and always sells best no matter what.

now that they have repro-ed all the Batman characters, I'd say the next step would be other popular characters or variants... a more popular version of Catwoman for example. Or Two Face. I'm sure Commissioner Gordon would be an easy one for them to do. Ra's Al Ghul. Scarecrow. A Neal Adams style Batman would certainly be cool. disco suit Nightwing (i'm probably the only one who wants this). They have a removable mask Batgirl, so a Secret Identity Barbara Gordon would be cool... heck they have a wheelchair, so Oracle! Mr Freeze

HardyGirl
Jan 25, '14, 2:53 AM
Personally, I'm hoping for some SuperFriends figures. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, (we already have Batman and Robin), and the Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna. And hey, since they did a Mad Monster castle, why not the HOJ to go w/ them?

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Jan 25, '14, 4:05 AM
I would love to see Flash and Green Lantern, but I'd imagine Superman will be soon. Flash is who I hope for most, though.

Figuremod73
Jan 25, '14, 9:44 AM
Come on guys, I know you want them to do Marvin and Wendy

enyawd72
Jan 25, '14, 10:06 AM

If they DO make Marvin and Wendy, I will buy them both just so I can rip them limb from limb...so help me I will.

jayraytee
Jan 25, '14, 10:53 AM
Yeah there is Batman series 1-3, Teen titans series 1, so the teens were not part of the batman series. Its entirely possible that we might see Superman series 1 or Justice League series 1 and then later Batman series 4.

HardyGirl
Jan 25, '14, 12:02 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind Wendy and Marvin, since that's my fave incarnation of the SuperFriends, (in fact, I'm watching that version this morning), but I think Zan and Jayna would have more play value. Don't forget to include a bucket for Zan and and eagle for Jayna to change into!

PNGwynne
Jan 25, '14, 12:06 PM
I'd opt for the Wonder Twins.

Poor Zan--shouldn't he have been more like Metamorpho?

Random Axe
Jan 25, '14, 1:31 PM
If they DO make Marvin and Wendy, I will buy them both just so I can rip them limb from limb...so help me I will.

If they come made on the old bodies, your work will have already been done.

Brown Bear
Jan 25, '14, 1:48 PM
Personally, I'm hoping for some SuperFriends figures. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, (we already have Batman and Robin), and the Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna. And hey, since they did a Mad Monster castle, why not the HOJ to go w/ them?

Amen to that brother!

HardyGirl
Jan 25, '14, 2:59 PM
Amen to that brother!

Brother? :smiley1: You mean sister don't you? :wink:

Figuremod73
Jan 25, '14, 3:09 PM
Would really like an Apache Chief of all the characters made for the show.

I'm sure Cyborg would be a welcome addition to. Dont know how they would work out the suit for him.

jwyblejr
Jan 25, '14, 4:32 PM
Head would be kind of hard. Outfit shouldn't be that hard. Just modify one of their wrestler unitards. Arms and legs just redo Iron Man boots and gloves.

PNGwynne
Jan 25, '14, 5:10 PM
^ Perfect Cyborg recipe IMO:

*Custom head

* Bodysuit w. screened arms & legs, silver fabric V-neck torso/trunks portion

*Silver plastic "iron man" boots & gloves

Not complex, accurate & very "Mego."

VintageMike
Jan 25, '14, 11:07 PM
I'd actually be surprised to to see Mxy. He only got made by Mego due to being colorful as Lex didn't have his green & purple suit yet. Batman & his affiliated characters have a popularity to them and there's an added lure reproducing high demand pieces like The Riddler & Batgirl. No doubt this is why the the Titans are getting made as well. As far as future waves I've made no secret I'd love to see more LOD characters no covered by Retro Action that would make sense, Scarecrow, Brainiac and Bizarro seem to be the three easiest to come to mind. Wouldn't even mind characters RA had done as I'd imagine they'd be more Mego Like Outside of Batman I think bundling character sin Justice League waves is a great idea. So you could have say Superman/villain and Wonder Woman/villain in a wave. Rest of the DCU doesn't have the roster depth Batman has. But utilizing JL waves opens things up quite a bit.

PNGwynne
Jan 26, '14, 12:05 AM
I like the idea of themed JLA-based waves. Superman can support a few, too. I'd like:

* Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon, Mr. freeze, Arctic Batman

*Black-&-Gray Batman, Huntress, Poison Ivy, Ra's al Ghul

*Nightwing, Scarecrow, Classic Catwoman, Mad Hatter or Clayface

*Superman, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Lois Lane, Gen. Zod

*Supergirl, Bizarro, Jimmy Olson, Toyman

*Clark Kent, Brainiac, Jor-El, Metallo

*Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor, Giganta, Hippolyta

*Diana Prince, Dr. Psycho, Ares, Nubia

*Flash, Gorilla Grodd, Capt. Boomerang, Mirror Master

*Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, Tomar-Re, Star Sapphire

*Aquaman, Mera, Ocean Master, Fisherman

*Capt. Marvel, Mary Marvel, Shazam, Dr. Sivana

*Billy Batson, Capt. Marvel Jr., King Kull, Mr. Atom

*Hawkman, Atom, Red Tornado, Solomon Grundy

*Green Arrow, Black Canary, Clock King or Count Vertigo, Dr. Light

*Firestorm, Plastic Man, Black Lightning, Swamp Thing

*Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Felix Faust or Etrigan

*SuperFriends: Apache Chief, Samurai, Zan & Jayna

*Doom Patrol: Chief, Robotman, Elasti-Girl, Negative Man

*New Gods: Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Lightray or Orion, Kalibak

Wishful thinking no doubt, but I think that'd make quite a collection! Of course, I'm trying not to rehash Mattel, stick to Mego-era characters, and throw in some Kirby & C C Beck love.

ubermanx
Jan 26, '14, 12:20 AM
I'd love to see Nightwing, Cyborg and Flash but I suspect we might see this in an expanded "New Teen Titans" line after a wave or two of Teen Titans.

Just as they repro'd the original Batman set with an addition I see them doing Superman, Supergirl, Clark Kent, Mr Myxysomething and then something new like Luthor or some such. Superman theme for wave 4 and possibly 5.

Wave 6 (or 5 if Supes is only one wave) will be the rest like Wonder Woman, Shazam, etc.

What I would personally love to see but is too niche are the Kirby New Gods. Or Legion of Superheroes.

- Marty

PNGwynne
Jan 26, '14, 12:49 AM
Could we support as many waves of DC reMegos as DC Classics? Could FTC? It's a lot to consider.

Regarding the huge list I posted above, I want to point out that, besides head sculpts, only Hawkman & Mr. Freeze would require new CTVT tooling for accessories.

JediJaida
Jan 26, '14, 7:24 AM
I want Ra's al Ghul from when he was first introduced.

As well as Black Canary.

The Bat
Jan 26, '14, 8:39 AM
I want Ra's al Ghul from when he was first introduced.

Me too!!:yes:

jayraytee
Jan 26, '14, 9:57 AM
Green lantern, Superman, Supergirl, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, etc

dr_cyclops
Jan 26, '14, 10:51 AM
Although FTC is reissuing the Mego style Batman figures now. The package title is "Official World's Greatest Heroes!". Making wave 4 and 5 anyone's guess. I'll guess that they will want to finish up the rest of Mego's DC characters.
Wave 4: Superman, Supergirl, Mxyzptlk, and Clark Kent.
Wave 5: Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Shazam.
With new characters starting in Wave 3 with Alfred, perhaps FTC plans to pepper the line with more new characters along the way?

Wasimhosen
Jan 26, '14, 10:59 AM
I'm thinking after the Alfred wave they'll add one new figure per wave for a few waves until they run out of original repros. If there can be an original repro. They'll have to come up with whole new sculpts and outfits and that may be cost prohibitive unless they're making some good cash for them. I hope this line runs so long that they get to characters like Phantom Stranger, the Creeper and Metamorpho.

Astronut
Jan 27, '14, 9:17 AM
As far as B- or C-List characters go, I'd love a Shade: The Changing Man and Black Lightning.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Jan 27, '14, 4:19 PM
As far as B- or C-List characters go, I'd love a Shade: The Changing Man and Black Lightning.

Wouldnt those two guys have been great as Mego figures? They would have fit in so well.

PNGwynne
Jan 27, '14, 6:52 PM
Shade is a cool Ditko-design.

Black Lightning really deserves to be done.