X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

MegOhio 2014

I will give all the credit to Brian for this name. My lameass joke about calling it Mego Central spawned a really doable and workable name. I kinda wanted to poke around and see if anyone was interested in this again, maybe a few weeks into March weather permitting. I know we had discussed maybe taking this thing to Louisville, which could be cool too. I'm open to suggestion. We do, however, have the perfect venue here where I live and it can accomodate quite a few people, more social than commercial, so not a lot of dealer stuff going on here.

I also have tentatively planned on the Lexington Con in April, which would be a good meet-up spot too. Shatner is going to be there and also Shooter McGavin. I dunno, what do you guys think?
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

I can't make Mego Meet this year, but I would love to try and meet with you guys in March or April. So...I may be in whether its Kentucky or Ohio.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm in! We could meet up at Lexington Comic Con in March. Tom and I met there last year and had a ball walking the floor (well, I did. I think Tom did!). It's a surprisingly good show!

Just a suggestion. I'm good with whatever.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

You know I'll be there if I possibly can.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm confused about the location--is it Columbus? I'd like to try to attend.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I'm totally cool with COlumbus if we do that. I know Steve and Rob are based there. We have been using the clubhouse in my complex in the previous gatherings, but that can change. Some of us here in the CIncy area can carpool up if needed. I'm definitely thinking about the Lexington Con too. Once a year in Wheeling is not enough time to spend with all these cool people. Lets get something going for April.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Given that I'm tabling at a lot of comic cons this year, I should look into doing Lexington next year just to hang out with you guys. unfortunately I'm book at another con that weekend already.

You guys ever do Comic Cons in Cleveland or Detroit?
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Sam, the Lexington Con is surprisingly good. I'm really floored a con this good has landed in Lexington. It's a little Power Rangers heavy in the guest dept., but so far it has had plenty of vendors with a good variety of new and classic merchandise, and actual comics!

I attended Motor City Con in Novi, Michigan two years in a row back in the late 90s. I think the Lexington show honestly has more vendors, at least compared to when I was there.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

I'm doing The Great Lakes con in Detroit at the end of Feb. Anyone ever been to that one? Very curious what it's going to be like. My first US con in Artist Alley.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Lexington Con was a great time without question. It does have a food court, although I will say it is typically crammed to the walls with people since they have other events running during the show as well. I almost wouldn't mind having the Lexington Con as it's own event and maybe do the Mego-themed meet as something different. I really enjoyed Scott's set up because it gave you the luxury of bringing things to display (or sell). Plus it was just a comfortable environment to hang out and have quality conversation. The convention doesn't really afford you the luxury to meet someone new since you're walking the dealer room and talking over crowd noise. Chris and I know each other already so we could meet at a grocery store and probably never get out of Produce while we juggled apples and talked shop. Put Scott in the middle of that and then you really have a party. Steve could referee. But to bring in new blood, share in the craft, and kind of build the Meet itself, I wouldn't mind a place where that's the focus. I think Scott's set up really hammered home that idea. If we outgrow that sight, then Louisville could become the next step. I could rent out a nice space at the Crowne Plaza (where we have Wonderfest) and then we could really grow it into it's own event. Just thinking out loud here. But I'll meet up no matter where.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                      House of a thousand Megos
                      • Aug 10, 2009

I would definitely be there
                      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Tom may be right. I really do like Scott's clubhouse. Maybe we can meet up at Lexington if we can make it and hang out, in addition to having a more formal pow-wow either in Cinci at Scott's clubhouse, or somewhere else.

Is there one of those nice Columbus toy shows coming up anytime soon?

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 3, 2002

I'm up for anything and I'll agree that the Scott's clubhouse is an excellent venu just to hang out. The next Columbus Toy show is April 6th. I know I'm going to have a table there.
                          Mortui Vivos Docent
                          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

So who all is planning on coming to the Lexington con? Me and the whole family are planning on going on Saturday. Anyone else in?

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                              • Aug 14, 2007

Did anything come of this?

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎