PDA

View Full Version : Dick Grayson must have been hanging out with Miley Cyrus

Wise4671
Jan 22, '14, 2:52 PM
Got my second series in today and Dick must have been out twerkin with Miley and shaved his eye brows he also broke out of his twist tie that goes around his neck. Rebellious Youth. Guess I'm going to need to find another Grayson.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/JWise4671/DickGrayson_zpsfbf36abb.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/JWise4671/media/DickGrayson_zpsfbf36abb.jpg.html)

lilbrosj66
Jan 22, '14, 3:00 PM
Weird. When I got my Dick Grayson, he did come with his eyebrows, but somehow pulled a Houdini and got free of his neck restraint. Strange. Oh, and there wasn't zip-tie through the hole in the clamshell. Strange.

Wise4671
Jan 22, '14, 3:02 PM
mine has the zip-tie so he hasn't been opened.

I do have another theory as to how Dick lost his Eye brows. Bruce may have been playing a prank and put glue on his mask and when he took it off yeeee ow LOL

Iron Mego
Jan 22, '14, 3:24 PM
That's pretty awesome.

Brown Bear
Jan 22, '14, 3:24 PM
Sounds like Aunt Harriet shaved them off while Dick was napping.....whatta prank.

Bronxboykev
Jan 22, '14, 3:44 PM
Got my second series in today and Dick must have been out twerkin with Miley and shaved his eye brows he also broke out of his twist tie that goes around his neck. Rebellious Youth. Guess I'm going to need to find another Grayson.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll148/JWise4671/DickGrayson_zpsfbf36abb.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/JWise4671/media/DickGrayson_zpsfbf36abb.jpg.html)

Call Figures toy co they will replace him. They are great when it comes to replacing product that has been damaged

Iron Mego
Jan 22, '14, 4:04 PM
If it were me I'd keep him as is, and buy another one.

megomania
Jan 22, '14, 4:05 PM
Weird. When I got my Dick Grayson, he did come with his eyebrows, but somehow pulled a Houdini and got free of his neck restraint. Strange. Oh, and there wasn't zip-tie through the hole in the clamshell. Strange.

Same here.

Wise4671
Jan 22, '14, 4:10 PM
I'm going to hold on to him and buy another :-)

Wise4671
Jan 22, '14, 4:13 PM
I wonder if the zip tie was around his turtleneck and when the machine twisted it it twisted to tight because of the extra material (Turtleneck) and it caused the twist tie to break.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 22, '14, 4:22 PM
How ironic. Many dishonest folks have attempted to take the painted mask off a Robin to pass it off as a Dick Grayosn/RM Robin head. He usually is lacking eyebrows, or they are badly repainted on.

Chris

palitoy
Jan 22, '14, 4:38 PM
How ironic. Many dishonest folks have attempted to take the painted mask off a Robin to pass it off as a Dick Grayosn/RM Robin head. He usually is lacking eyebrows, or they are badly repainted on.

Chris

Yeah my automatic thought was this was an acetone job. He's lacking the usual "groucho" style eye brows though.

Wise4671
Jan 22, '14, 6:02 PM
I hope you guys don't think I took the eye brows off myself I can take pics of the card to show it has not been opened

thunderbolt
Jan 22, '14, 6:14 PM
sell it on ebay as a "rare variant" :)

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 22, '14, 6:16 PM
I hope you guys don't think I took the eye brows off myself I can take pics of the card to show it has not been opened

Not at all! I just thought it was funny because of all the RM Robin scams with questionalbe browage.

Chris

Wise4671
Jan 22, '14, 6:17 PM
Not at all! I just thought it was funny because of all the RM Robin scams with questionalbe browage.

Chris

gottcha :-) It does look weird without the brows though

HardyGirl
Jan 22, '14, 10:07 PM
Hey, this one may be worth something someday, as a variant. Weird, but kinda cool.

Boywonder0
Jan 22, '14, 10:10 PM
Mine came with the twisty tie on his neck broken as well...

MIB41
Jan 27, '14, 9:27 AM
That's wild! I don't know... I would almost want to keep that as is. A fun production mistake.

Bronxboykev
Jan 27, '14, 10:24 AM
^^^^ so would i

ubermanx
Jan 27, '14, 1:33 PM
I wonder if the zip tie was around his turtleneck and when the machine twisted it it twisted to tight because of the extra material (Turtleneck) and it caused the twist tie to break.

By machine you mean the Chinese labourer that hand twists this stuff? ;)

- Marty

samurainoir
Jan 27, '14, 2:33 PM
From Yesterday's Ontario Collectors Convention
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/997011_235107146660994_587048562_n.jpg

Bronxboykev
Jan 27, '14, 3:10 PM
Love the Miley!!!

Wasimhosen
Jan 29, '14, 3:52 PM
Got my set today and Master Richards neck twisty is broken as well. Seems to be an epidemic.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 29, '14, 4:50 PM
I've got it! See, long ago, in the 70s or 80s, someone at DC (maybe the Answer Man, Bob Rozakis?) established that Robin and other domino-mask wearing characters used theatrical spirit gum to keep their masks on their faces. This was done to explain why their masks weren't show with any kind of strings.

Obviously, Dick put a little too much spirit gum on one night, and peeled his eyebrows off with his mask.

Do I get a no prize? Oh wait, wrong company...

Chris

Wise4671
Jan 30, '14, 4:14 PM
LOL I think you might have figured it out Chris :-)

Troy
Jan 31, '14, 4:01 PM
I got mine today and the zip around his neck is broken too!
..He does have his eyebrows though :)