PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter?

madmarva
Jan 11, '14, 11:15 PM
Has Figures Toys Company announced a license for Harry Potter items?

I noticed Harry Potter was listed among the licenses it has. Here is a cut/paste copy of the list at the bottom of their website with Potter bolded?

"Classic Tv Toys started making retro MEGO type 8 inch action figures in 2005. The Lines included Mad Monsters, Happy Days, Space 1999, Married with Children and Mad Clowns. Also introduced were Worlds Greatest lines of Robin Hood, Super Pirates, American West and Super Knights. We currently specialize 8 inch Retro Mego Batman, Batman 1966 TV Series, DC Comics, KISS, Harry Potter, Three Stooges, Tarzan, Conan, Evel Knievel, Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas Jr Ewing. We also have custom 8 inch bodies, boots, outfits and accessories for 8 inch Mego-type action figures.
2013 Figures Toy Company"

Has there been an announcement? Is it joke or a mistake, or do they handle some sort of Potter items like the replica wrestling belts?

pmwasson
Jan 11, '14, 11:17 PM
It also says Three Stooges. Interesting.

JediJaida
Jan 12, '14, 9:18 AM
I'm in!

tllgn
Jan 12, '14, 11:52 AM
I am in for the three stooges ,CTTV did the stooges once ,not quite like mego figures ,and not very well,but i would love to see Mego style figures
of Moe,Curly,larry & perhaps Shemp ,Joe,& Curly Joe with the detail like their using for Batman 66 .

samurainoir
Jan 12, '14, 12:29 PM
I wold buy Three Stooges in a heartbeat. I was excited to discover Figures had made them at one point, but was kind of disappointed when I got one off of ebay and it was not Mego sized.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-The-THREE-STOOGES-7-Action-Figures-Moe-Larry-Curly-Shemp-Sealed-/201015651334?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item2ecd776c06

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Set-of-4-The-THREE-STOOGES-7-Action-Figures-Moe-Larry-Curly-Shemp-Sealed-/00/s/ODI0WDE2MDA=/z/jrwAAOxyUrZSygKJ/$_57.JPG

samurainoir
Jan 12, '14, 12:31 PM
Harry Potter would definitely be a good choice for hooking a younger generation in the format. The kids who grew up with the franchise of books and movies are now in their twenties, some approaching thirty.

bgiles73
Jan 12, '14, 1:46 PM
Oh I'd definitely have to get Harry Potter! I like the franchise and know alot of people I could buy these as gifts for as well! The Three Stooges would be cool too. Maybe Abbott and Costello and Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin someday?

madmarva
Jan 12, '14, 2:59 PM
Seeing those Stooges figures with machine guns is just frightening. Imagine the mayhem they could have created while armed. Lol.

I'd buy the Stooges, but I really do like those Potter books. A lot of cool characters.

thunderbolt
Jan 12, '14, 3:02 PM
^^^ That's why Shemp is a doctor. He's there for all the bullet wounds.

Mego-Amigo
Jan 12, '14, 11:39 PM
I don't care about Harry Potter but I would love new Mego Stooges.

jwyblejr
Jan 13, '14, 12:12 AM
Yeah I'd be in favor of new Stooge figures. That way we could see some Batman:TAS customs of them as the Jokers' goons.

Astronut
Jan 13, '14, 8:56 AM
"So tell me about deez............. Stoo-jez............"

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 13, '14, 11:14 AM
Finally! My dream of a Joe Besser Mego may come true!

Chris

Brown Bear
Jan 13, '14, 8:15 PM
Personally have no interest in Harry Potter, but I'm the minority. VERY smart move if they release these mego's....I imagine there'd be a market for younger folks, similiar to how Big Bang Theory will as well.

But for me, it'll be some new custom fodder to choose from.

dr_cyclops
Jan 13, '14, 10:25 PM
While I have no interest myself, Harry Potter could really be a great license for reMego. I like the idea of 'Lord of the Rings'.:yes:

JediJaida
Jan 14, '14, 3:43 PM
I sent them a message last night asking if they had the Harry Potter license.

So far, no answer.

I don't know if that's an affirmative, or a negative.