X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpaceCrawler
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 20, 2008

Big Jim Basics

I had some Big Jim stuff when it first came out but I didn't pay that much attention to the line, especially later in my "collecting" years. It would be nice to have a time line of when the toy was released, etc. I saw one database type website posted in another thread but it's very random and seems incomplete. In any case any details on the year of first release would be appreciated and photos of how Jim was first released (with trucks, karate board and barbells). I haven't seen a photo of how this figure was sold in stores, what kind of box it came in.
    Does anyone make repro Big Jim boxes?

Sean
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The best resource--in print--I can recommend is Tomart's Action figure Digest #55-56.

Issue #55 deals specifically with early releases.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Pascal
      Museum Patron
      • May 8, 2008

One good site with calagues : http://www.bigjim.it/html/cat74.php

When I'm young, I bought a lot of figures, outfits, accesories, vehicules (in fact almost everything between 1974 and 1977) in French pakaging Belgian, but also Italian. I spent all my summer in Italy. In Belgium and Italy, it was the kingdom of Big Jim...

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

I thought Big Jim toy line started in 1972.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎