X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

Question about Bif Bang Pow Bubbles

I had gift cards from xmas so I ordered off Amazon - Bif Bang Pows Doctor Who Cyberleader & The Master Exclusive,Fourth Doctor & Sontaran Styre 8 in Action Figures. Everyone of them arrived yesterday with the bubbles seperated or hanging off. Has anyone else had any problems with the glue on these bubbles? or should I return them?

I really want these so if it is just a bubble to glue to card problem in manufacturing I will just keep them.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I think that is going to be a factor from sitting in frigid temps which certainly plays havoc on the fragility of that adhesive and cardboard. It's probably unavoidable in this current climate. I ordered some 12 inch KISS figures from Entertainment Earth and the under-casing that seats the figures was slightly lifting off the backer card too. But then again the figures and packaging were freezing cold.

Comment

• ubermanx
      Career Member
      • Jul 3, 2013

Seems like a production run issue based on my experience.

Every single 4th Doctor I have received (about 11 of them) had loose bubbles. The Master figures and Cyberleader were all loose. To varying degrees of detachment.

All my Venture Bros bubbles are on good and firm. As we're the Flash Gordon and Ming figures. All my Matt Smith Doctors have also been good.

- Marty

Comment

• raycastile
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 11, 2004

I just got into the Bif Bang Pow Doctor Who toys this holiday season. I bought the entire set over the course of six weeks.

I received a Tom Baker with a separated bubble through Entertainment Earth. I exchanged it for another Tom Baker, and he arrived with a bubble that came off the assembly line partially sealed. I later bought a Cyberleader that arrived with bubble separation. So I'm going to have to replace that figure, and I still need a fully sealed Tom Baker.

I was wondering about something on my Morbius. The plastic on his clear dome is frosted where the eye stalks attach. Are they all like that? Or is that another figure I will have to replace? If they all have that frosting, so be it. I know clear plastic in model kits will frost if you use super glue. I'm thinking that is what happened here.

This is one of the reasons I don't buy a lot of contemporary toys. With new toys, I like to see them on a store shelf, compare different figures, pick the one in the best condition, the best card, or with the best paint job. But so many new toy lines are only available online, where it is a crapshoot whether you're going to get a "good" one or a problematic one.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

I received my TZ Gremlin last week from Entertainment Earth and the bubble was separated from the card.

Comment

• RobTMego
            Career Member
            • Mar 15, 2013

Thanks all, I will just keep them as is, since they were all limited to 3000

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎