Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question about these very nice toys!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tactile2
    Museum ADDICT
    • Jan 8, 2008

Quick question about these very nice toys!

Hi..if this question has already been answered, please direct me to that post. I am just curious how the Figures Toy Company is able to produce almost exact replicas of vintage megos? I get that they have the license to produce different lines of toys, but how are they able to legally copy head sculpts and costumes?? Is it because MEGO went belly up? Thanks!
    sigpic
    LOVE THEM MEGOS...AND ANYTHING STAR WARS!! Visit my web-site www.comicdoctor.com
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The headsculpts and costumes would be trademarks of DC since they own the characters and not Mego. Kind of like how Dark Horse can reprint Marvel Conan and (up until lately)Star Wars.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

With the generic figures CTVT did awhile back (Pirates, western heroes, mad monsters, etc) I dont believe there was a royalty cost of any kind other than the molds.

Didnt Marty Abrams try to get royalties? I thought I read that once.

Comment

• tactile2
        Museum ADDICT
        • Jan 8, 2008

THANKS for the answers....very interesting! I had no idea about the old Conan comics. COOL.
        sigpic
        LOVE THEM MEGOS...AND ANYTHING STAR WARS!! Visit my web-site www.comicdoctor.com

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎