PDA

View Full Version : CTVT Male bodies' quality

LOU
Jan 4, '14, 5:26 PM
Hey Guys!
Has anyone recently bought the CTVT 8 inch male bodies? I am wondering if they have improved at all or if they are still all bowlegged and unable to stand as they used to be some years ago. I want to buy a 5 pack but not if they are the same as they used to be.
Any advice from you fellow Megoheads would be appreciated.
Happy New Year all!

boss
Jan 4, '14, 5:48 PM
the general consensus is that the bodies are much improved over their earlier efforts. However, there has been an issue with the bodies begin strung too tight. The rubber bands on some figures are tight enough to pull the metal hook through the plastic of the shoulder joint.

Bronxboykev
Jan 4, '14, 5:49 PM
My recent experience is hit or miss. If you want a body go with Doc Mego's swivel arm body

LOU
Jan 4, '14, 5:54 PM
Ah! Okay thanks guys! I've been told by CTVT that their new China female bodies are great. I'll probably go with Doc Mego though...I don't want to risk getting a bunch of bodies that are all distorted. I had some that were so bad that their legs would cross by themselves!

boss
Jan 4, '14, 6:15 PM
The leg crossing issue no longer seems to be a problem.

CrimsonGhost
Jan 4, '14, 6:46 PM
I would question if the 5 pack of bodies are old stock or if they're the new figures. You might end up getting the India bodies.

Bronxboykev
Jan 4, '14, 8:54 PM
The leg crossing issue no longer seems to be a problem.

Not true Boss a couple of my new guys look to have leg issues although still attached to the card the feet pidgen toed on a couple when I went to straiten them you could see stressed body movement in the lower half of the body. But all in all 6 out of the 8 weren't bad

sprytel
Jan 4, '14, 9:00 PM
I would question if the 5 pack of bodies are old stock or if they're the new figures. You might end up getting the India bodies.

I was thinking the same.

boss
Jan 5, '14, 9:03 AM
Ah... good to know. I guess it's just less of a problem.

Not true Boss a couple of my new guys look to have leg issues although still attached to the card the feet pidgen toed on a couple when I went to straiten them you could see stressed body movement in the lower half of the body. But all in all 6 out of the 8 weren't bad

PNGwynne
Jan 5, '14, 9:21 AM
*sigh* Zicaway Type S bodies can't arrive soon enough. :wink_y:

BATMAN89
Jan 5, '14, 9:55 AM
It appears that there is only one new body for sale at CTVT. It is the light brown ones.
I asked them a while back if they were going to have new Caucasian bodies, and the answer was "soon".
I believe if you purchase a 5 pack you will get the old, but slightly improved India bodies that will need restringing.