X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

A Purr-fect Opportunity for FTC

I'm excited about new DC characters from FTC--Alfred the Butler is a good start IMO because the suit is basically a Joker variation and only requires a newly-tooled head.

But what would be really be a golden opportunity for them (or rather us, & we need to convince them of it ) is a classic golden/bronze-age Catwoman--it would require a fairly simple costume and no new tooling:

*Batgirl cowl molded in purple

* WGSH Catwoman head repaint with purple mask & green eyes, featuring longer "WW-style" black hair as they already do on repro Gal heads

*Green cape

*Purple dress with green belt & collar

*Peach tights

*Cuffed Catwoman boots molded in black

It would be awesome; it could even be part of a deluxe two-pack featuring a black & gray golden-age Batman.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Great idea for catwoman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'd buy that!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

As long as they actually HEMMED the dress and cape, I'd buy it quicker than the Catwoman they have for sale now.

You should totally send that idea to FTC!
        JediJaida

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I hope the line has enough legs to get to second and third versions of some of the DC verse. So far, so good:-)

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Sounds good to me!

Comment

• rlkrefft
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 14, 2010

I too would buy this version of Catwoman in the purple dress. I would also have liked to have seen Barbara Gordon instead of Alfred. Had they done Barbara it would have inspired me to pick up Bruce and Dick as well because then I would have had all SI. I figured though why have Bruce and Dick if I don't have Barbara, so I skipped them.

Comment

• Astronut
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 21, 2010

I think Alfred is a great choice to get the ball rolling for new, original ReMegos. Relatively easy to manufacture/headache-free.

Joker tux, only black... slap some black shoes on there... only new things I think: new head, some black pants and a white dress shirt with bow tie maybe?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rlkrefft
                  I too would buy this version of Catwoman in the purple dress. I would also have liked to have seen Barbara Gordon instead of Alfred. Had they done Barbara it would have inspired me to pick up Bruce and Dick as well because then I would have had all SI. I figured though why have Bruce and Dick if I don't have Barbara, so I skipped them.
                  A Barbara Gordon SI seems natural at some point--they already offer a head for such, and could accessorize it with a cute "mod" outfit to complement Bruce & Dick.

I have ideas for Babs, too lol.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

Sounds very similar the bronze age version I like, so I'd be in.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

i will buy that ^^^

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡