PDA

View Full Version : Removing the figures from the card

Bronxboykev
Jan 2, '14, 4:37 AM
Has anyone removed any of the figures from the card without distroying the card art??? If so how did you do it. The only thing that I can think of that may work is leaving them in a very warm dry place(worked with my Skylanders but they sat for about 6-8 months)

thunderbolt
Jan 2, '14, 5:03 AM
I thought they were on resealable clamshells. Collector friendly and all that.

MIB41
Jan 2, '14, 5:35 AM
If you have a pair of nail clippers, you can typically reach in, clip the plastic ties and remove the figure without damage to the product or card.

noelani72
Jan 2, '14, 6:58 AM
I think he is talking about that insert which holds the figure...it is glued down to the backer card.

Bronxboykev
Jan 2, '14, 8:45 AM
I think he is talking about that insert which holds the figure...it is glued down to the backer card.

Exactly

If I remove it it will tear the card art

The Bat
Jan 2, '14, 8:46 AM
I just cut around the interior insert with an x-acto knife. it leave some plastic on the card...but you can't really see it when the clamshell is closed.

boss
Jan 2, '14, 8:47 AM
The twist ties on the Robin I repaired were loose enough to slip the figure out without a problem.

VinMan
Jan 2, '14, 8:56 AM
Try a hairdryer Kev.... I used to open packs of cards (like Baseball cards) and so as not to tear the wrapper I would use a hair dryer. Might not work, but worth a shot.....

Bronxboykev
Jan 2, '14, 9:19 AM
Thanks guys... Did I mention I HATE CARDED FIGURES LOL