PDA

View Full Version : Wave 2

Bronxboykev
Dec 30, '13, 4:56 PM
When I saw the Photo on Facebook of a Guy holding Penguin and Catwoman I inquired about shipping. They told me it has in fact shipped and and told me it would be arriving to me tomorrow they gave me a shipping number and indeed Fed Ex has me scheduled for tomorrow delivery! Can't Wait.

JediJaida
Dec 30, '13, 5:03 PM
Let us know how they work out.

Hedji
Dec 30, '13, 5:24 PM
Don't know if it was pointed out, but on the Facebook photo, Penguin's gloves are the correct white.

PNGwynne
Dec 30, '13, 6:56 PM
Let us know how they work out.

Yes Kevin, please do. Fingers crossed, rubbing rabbit's foot.

jayraytee
Dec 30, '13, 7:57 PM
Got my Catwoman and Penguin today, they look great. Penguin does indeed have white hands.

PNGwynne
Dec 30, '13, 8:11 PM
Yippee! Pix, pix. lol

tllgn
Dec 30, '13, 8:21 PM
i ordered these ,and they charged me ,are they e-mailing you folks before they ship?,i havent
got that notice yet .

Bronxboykev
Dec 30, '13, 11:51 PM
i ordered these ,and they charged me ,are they e-mailing you folks before they ship?,i havent
got that notice yet .

I got e mail notification for wave 1 but not wave 2 but if you call them with your order number they will look it up for you give you a delivery date and give you a tracking number.

tllgn
Dec 31, '13, 12:37 AM
^^^^Thank you-will do

samurainoir
Dec 31, '13, 2:05 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/1524647_564280480332336_79380163_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1476265_556323871127997_119842943_n.jpg

Bronxboykev
Dec 31, '13, 4:33 PM
Just got the Delivery conformation that Wave 2 is in the Bronx. Called my daughter and asked her if there was a Big Box at the front door... It's not it's in the house :) lol

I will post pics as soon as Tonight.

It is a Happy New Year!!!

Earth 2 Chris
Dec 31, '13, 4:58 PM
I need to order me the Bruce and Dick figures. These will be my first FTC figures in many years.

Chris

JediJaida
Dec 31, '13, 5:04 PM
I'm wondering if I should order a Catwoman figure; on the one hand, I don't want to spend upward of $30.00 for a figure that will fall apart in the package, and on the other hand, I want to see if their female figure has improved.

On the THIRD hand, if the figure is a piece of dreck, I can always replace it with the new female body that Doc is putting out next year for very little money.

If anyone else gets the Catwoman figure, let me know how it holds up, both good and bad. That way I will know what I should do.

Bronxboykev
Jan 1, '14, 1:19 PM
Will take better photos later just wanted to get them out there... One if the Catwoman suits looks very baggy and her feet are pointed in. The Penguin looks the best With Master Greyson a close second... To date IMO The Joker and Penguin have been their 2 best figures. Being I'm posting from my phone the photos will show up upside down don't know why it happens but for now here you go...

Boywonder0
Jan 1, '14, 1:53 PM
Oh, man! Thanks for that! Now I I want to get them all!!!

Brown Bear
Jan 1, '14, 2:03 PM
They look great!

Falconhood
Jan 1, '14, 3:07 PM
Catwoman is out? Must have!

JediJaida
Jan 1, '14, 3:11 PM
Just let me know how her body works out. Oh! And if the boots are shoddy!

Falconhood
Jan 1, '14, 3:14 PM
I was just looking on EE at the Catwoman...due out in a few months, but she is not sold separately...where is she sold separately?

Bronxboykev
Jan 1, '14, 3:18 PM
I was just looking on EE at the Catwoman...due out in a few months, but she is not sold separately...where is she sold separately?

Go to the Figures Toy Co website

Iron Mego
Jan 1, '14, 3:21 PM
http://www.classictvtoys.com/

Falconhood
Jan 1, '14, 8:49 PM
Go to the Figures Toy Co website
Thanks. With S&H, it's $35...I'm hoping it will pop-up on Amazon Prime soon, and with the free shipping.

samurainoir
Jan 2, '14, 10:00 AM
from their facebook.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1450248_566317756795275_2076124577_n.jpg

powersthatbe
Jan 2, '14, 10:44 AM
i just called to check on my order of catwoman evel and pengy,since i ordered also with dukes and batgirl i have to wait til those come in stock to get my figures which is alright as long as i know

Falconhood
Jan 2, '14, 12:47 PM
http://www.classictvtoys.com/
Subtotal: $24.99
Shipping & Handling: $8.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total: $32.99
not much better. I suspect, if stores differential price these, that Alfred will be the most $$$, so it's a good chance that If I just Stalk Amazon.com I'll get her for a more fair price.

houseofdracula
Jan 2, '14, 12:55 PM
My Penguin arrived this morning. I was happy to see his white hands but he still doesn't look as chubby as I remember him being but that could just be me and my memory.
I'm happy with the purchase.
I never cared for the Mego female figures when I was a kid so I didn't order the Catwoman.
I thought about getting Bruce & Dick but I think I'm going to wait until they do the Adam West & Burt Ward versions.

Iron Mego
Jan 2, '14, 4:32 PM
Subtotal: $24.99
Shipping & Handling: $8.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total: $32.99
not much better. I suspect, if stores differential price these, that Alfred will be the most $$$, so it's a good chance that If I just Stalk Amazon.com I'll get her for a more fair price.

You asked where you could get them, not for the best price. Trying to be helpful. Good luck with Amazon.

Falconhood
Jan 2, '14, 4:42 PM
You asked where you could get them, not for the best price. Trying to be helpful. Good luck with Amazon.
Thank-you for helping. I guess I should have asked "For $25 free shipping" or hoped someone would find a better deal than I could.
I didn't think you would take it wrong, I was just giving an update on each site for the price total.
I mean, I've paid $38 several months this last year for a single He-Man figure from Matty...but that wasn't by choice.

MeWantMegos
Jan 2, '14, 4:53 PM
I def want to order the Penguin and Catwoman. Was going to order just those two but shipping for them is over $12 for just two figures. Seems pricey.

I don't love Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. They are very good versions of them. Just not yet sure about them yet. Would have preferred more superheroes or other bad guys. Although because they are sticking to Batman universe...there are not many heroes to pull from. Just Batman, Robin and Batgirl.

Bronxboykev
Jan 2, '14, 5:48 PM
I def want to order the Penguin and Catwoman. Was going to order just those two but shipping for them is over $12 for just two figures. Seems pricey.

I don't love Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. They are very good versions of them. Just not yet sure about them yet. Would have preferred more superheroes or other bad guys. Although because they are sticking to Batman universe...there are not many heroes to pull from. Just Batman, Robin and Batgirl.

I think they did a really good job on the Greyson IMO... He almost looks as good as my original.

pmwasson
Jan 2, '14, 5:50 PM
Still waiting on shipping. I guess the donkey from Florida to Oregon got lost. Hopefully today. I really wish they gave the tracking information with the shipping notice instead of making you ask them for it.

PNGwynne
Jan 2, '14, 5:54 PM
I think they did a really good job on the Greyson IMO... He almost looks as good as my original.

I was thinking his clothing is pretty sharp, too.

TomStrong
Jan 2, '14, 6:53 PM
Still waiting on shipping. I guess the donkey from Florida to Oregon got lost. Hopefully today. I really wish they gave the tracking information with the shipping notice instead of making you ask them for it.

Seems like they would just include it in the shipping notice.

Iron Mego
Jan 2, '14, 6:59 PM
Seems like they would just include it in the shipping notice.

Yeah, I thought they used to do that. But maybe not.

Bronxboykev
Jan 2, '14, 11:20 PM
With the impending white out here in the Bronx, I finally got a chance to sit down and strategically open all 4 of wave 1 and all 4 of wave 2 Figures without clipping off the FTC zip tie, took some group shots and some individual shots all with their Original counterparts next to them to compare. Wil post pics soon.

Bronxboykev
Jan 3, '14, 8:34 AM
Guys I should have posted this sooner. To those of you who would like to keep the FTC zip ties intact and not have to cut them to open the packages I used this. From target $4.
Just slip the flat piece under the little flap that catches to the teeth lift and slide the plastic out of the hole

jimsmegos
Jan 3, '14, 10:07 AM
^Great tip!

Astronut
Jan 3, '14, 11:03 AM
To those of you who would like to keep the FTC zip ties intact and not have to cut them to open the packages I used this. From target $4.
Just slip the flat piece under the little flap that catches to the teeth lift and slide the plastic out of the hole

I guess but judging by this, FTC made the wrong call on the method of "freshness seal." Maybe they would be more secure with like, one of those hologram type seals at the top? FTC logo seal? I'll be honest, I really don't care much about this aspect, I just want the company to keep producing WGSH figures, both in repro and new form. I plan to buy them all.

lilbrosj66
Jan 3, '14, 2:28 PM
Got my set of 4 figures today. Overall, I have to say I think they pretty much nailed it. Dick Grayson is really nicely done. Wasn't expecting actual working button holes on his jacket. Nice detail FTC! Bruce looks great as well. I will say the Penguin does look a bit slimmer than my original one but really nice nonetheless. Catwoman is nicely done as well. Suit is a bit baggier but the facepaint is really really nice! And the boots are very high quality. Bring on the next waves!

Astronut
Jan 3, '14, 3:22 PM
Does the repro Catwoman have a tail like the original? Haven't seen it in any of the pics and haven't seen anyone address this yet...

rlkrefft
Jan 3, '14, 3:27 PM
Yes she has her tail.

Bronxboykev
Jan 3, '14, 8:10 PM
Ok here they are FTC and the original Mego counter parts
Penguin
Catwoman
Greyson
Wayne
Group shot

Bronxboykev
Jan 3, '14, 8:15 PM
Wave 1
Batman
Robin
Riddler
Joker
Group shot Wave 1

PNGwynne
Jan 3, '14, 8:50 PM
...I will say the Penguin does look a bit slimmer than my original one...

Based on photos, my guess is FTC has reproduced the Grandpa Walton "tall-fat" torso, and will use it for Boss Hogg as well.

Weird, since (India-era) CTVT had reproduced the standard fat torso.

Figuremod73
Jan 3, '14, 10:40 PM
Is the FTC Penguin taller or is it just the pic?

Iron Mego
Jan 3, '14, 11:06 PM
Looks taller to me.

lilbrosj66
Jan 4, '14, 4:26 AM
Is the FTC Penguin taller or is it just the pic?

I stood my original next to the FTC one and the original is definitely shorter. Not by much but there is a definite difference.

MIB41
Jan 4, '14, 8:10 AM
Thanks for those comparison shots. That really makes the case for how close these figures are to the originals. But at the same time, there are enough subtle differences to distinguish one from the other. The Riddler and Joker are just about dead on. But the material used on the outfits are different from the originals. Otherwise I would have a hard time telling the difference at all. Very good work.

noelani72
Jan 4, '14, 8:25 AM
thanks for the pics - they do look really nice and for those who've never been able to afford minty-megos, these will do quite nicely for a collection display.

I've not jumped - the bodies I got with my Wave 1 spooked me too much to drop $24.99 + Shipping on them.....make em $19.99 for a mass-produced item and then I can swap the body without so much buyers remorse.

boss
Jan 4, '14, 10:13 AM
are those working buttons on the Dick Grayson figure?

bobws
Jan 4, '14, 10:32 AM
How come no takes pictures of the back of the card so we can see it?

PNGwynne
Jan 4, '14, 10:38 AM
^ I think so, lilbrosj66 noted they were.

I'm curious to see the FTC Penguin sans costume.

Bronxboykev
Jan 4, '14, 12:08 PM
are those working buttons on the Dick Grayson figure?

Yes they are. They came both buttoned I opend the bottom button on Grayson to make it look more like the original

hedrap
Jan 4, '14, 12:29 PM
The common trait with all the figures, are FTC seem to be "longer" at certain parts. For example, Batman's head has more of a length look compared to the original's width. Same with Robin and Riddler.

That would also account for Penguin's torso. It's the difference in manufacturing today and 40 years ago. Maybe the rubber.

tllgn
Jan 4, '14, 12:31 PM
i also received my two sets the other day .fantastic!!.I like bruce & dicks outfits ,Bruces head is smaller then dicks ,but the bruce head is slightly larger
then doc megos ,which makes it look better ,Penguin is great ,hes got the kiss shoulder idea,so you can move his arms like he has wings ,Catwomen looks
very good ,although they should have put tape around her hair (like mego did) to control it .the female body is not as good as mego but its the
best i have seen to date,poses very well .i think Figures toy company did a very nice job on these ,cant wait for series 3.

Boywonder0
Jan 4, '14, 8:25 PM
Does the repro Catwoman have a tail like the original? Haven't seen it in any of the pics and haven't seen anyone address this yet...

Yes she does! It is routed behind one of her legs so you cant really see it when packaged inside the clamshell, but is there. These figures are all great reproduction of the originals!

actjac01
Jan 5, '14, 12:59 PM
I'm sold! Thanks for posting the picts!

megomania
Jan 5, '14, 11:32 PM
Still can't get past Dick's/Robin's elongated head. Just doesn't look right.

MeWantMegos
Jan 6, '14, 11:35 AM
I dig Dick Grayson's threads.

But never cared for the original head sculpt of the Bruce Wayne Mego. FTC were very faithful to Mego's head -- which is clearly what they were trying to do and what their customers want. Getting a good Bruce Wayne sculpt is just difficult.

Mar-Vell
Jan 8, '14, 1:27 PM
Does anyone know if these will show up at mass retail? Or will they only be available online and at comic shops? I'd love to visit a TRU to find these guys on the pegs!

Iron Mego
Jan 8, '14, 3:35 PM
Or will they only be available online and at comic shops?

This. They are on Amazon, but that's through 3rd party sellers.

Goblin19
Jan 9, '14, 2:10 AM
Got Bruce and Dick. I'm impressed.

MIB41
Jan 18, '14, 11:51 PM
All four of Wave 2 arrived in the mail today (from Entertainment Earth). I absolutely love them. One slight factory error. My Bruce came with TWO right hands. At first I was going to ask for a replacement, then I decided I would just replace the hands myself. They pulled out quite easily and I replaced them with two Zica hands. I actually like him even better with those. If I decided he needs to fight, I can give him Zica's fisted hands as well. Interesting feature on the dress shirt - It has an elastic band that is pulled over the right leg. This keeps the shirt pulled down so no bunching occurs around the waist. It's a great design. The suit is a descent fit. Perhaps a tad tight, but not overly so. Zero issues with Dick Grayson. Solid figure through and through. Penguin completely works. Looks just about dead-on as the Mego version. Only slightly taller legs. No big deal though. He looks really good. Cat Woman is another strong figure. I LOVE the material they're using for the gloves here and on all the figures. It's softer than the Mego versions, but very durable. All four figures have full range of motion. The paints are strong and overall they each have a strong resemblance to the vintage Mego versions while still retaining some of their own qualities. No posability or breakage issues on any of them. A solid line. :yes: