X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weshightower21
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 16, 2011

RC Batman

I'm really looking forward to this since i never owned one originally. I'm just hoping the colors are the lighter blues on the boots and oven mitts. don't like the dark blue on series 1 batman and i'll say it again the black shorts are to damn long.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

If I were to guess, I'd say these will be EXACTLY the same figures as series 2 from the neck down.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

This is the one i'm planning on ordering. I wish they would hurry up with Conan.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I still have my original RC Batman from my 7th Birthday...but I'm really looking forward to getting extra FTC one(or two!:smile. Also, Batgirl comes in that assortment...another missing piece of my collection that I'll soon own...YAY!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

That´s the great thing about these reproduction figures. People that never owned them as a kid or as an adult collector can now own them a lot easier. I know some people here don´t understand why we appreciate these. I realize they are not 100% the same as the originals but they are close enough for me. I have owned originals of most of these as a kid and adult collector but prefer these. I will keep the originals I have but will not pay ridiculously high prices for originals MOC or MIB when these can be had for $25.00 each. I love to see the posts from people that really appreciate these like I do. Let´s let FTC know how much we appreciate them so they will continue to give us repros of all the WGSH and add to them.

Comment

• Astronut
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
            I love to see the posts from people that really appreciate these like I do. Let´s let FTC know how much we appreciate them so they will continue to give us repros of all the WGSH and add to them.
            I love the sh*t out of them. Seriously. I've had dreams for years of Mego coming back with WGSH and this is practically the same thing. Granted, they're not hanging on peg hooks by the dozens like I saw when I was in my childhood but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I can tell you this much: I won't stop buying them until FTC stops. Or I stop living. Whichever comes first. Seeing these again, for me, is a dream come true. It's almost surreal. Love it. Take my money. Thanks, FTC.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I also have dreamed of this for years. A friend here on the forum and myself have talked about this happening since we met in 1993. I can remember he and I going to toy shows, cons and flea markets asking about Mego figures and most dealers having no idea what we were talking about. This along with DST/EMCE Star Trek and POTA ( unfortunately unfinished by those companies ) was a dream come true for me. My hope is that somewhere down the line FTC can aquire rights to finish Mego Trek and POTA and maybe even add new characters. Maybe dreaming too big though.

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

I was 5 in 1974, I started buying mego figures with Action Jackson. I can still remember the day I first saw him and my brother and I bought him and a couple costume sets. Then came the Heroes, I had most of them starting with a couple of removable cowl batmans. My first one quickly broke and my family really didn't get that you could restring them at first. My grandmother figured out she could restring them with sewn elastic strips and after that we stopped rebuying the same figures. The paper chest emblem would almost always fall off. For me the oven mitts were lost about five minutes out of the package, I could never keep them on the figures. Had the batmobile and the batcylcle. Bought the Wizard of Oz figures, Planet of Apes, Knights and eventually the 12" Kiss figures. The Kiss figures... all of mine broke a leg below the knee. Had to replace many of the snaps on the back of the costumes, and I remember the Green Arrow backpack straps breaking pretty early. They were not really built for a 5 to 8 year old boy, but I loved every one I could get my hands on. Eventually had a brown grocery bag full of them. One day around 1979 we moved and my Megos were accidentally tossed out with other things we got rid of. I searched the boxes in the basement of the new house for a couple months looking for them.

I started buying originals again, but that became just too costly of a hobby for me right now. So, I will buy one or two of these when I can.. kind of a cathartic excersize for me. I don't mind that they are not perfect, or if occasionally one will have to be repaired... thats how it was back in the day of Mego. Thats to be expected to some extent. But I will swap out the bodies to a rubberband free one, that is for sure.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

My mom is a very special lady who bought my brother and I countless Megos and other action figures when we were growing up. I can remember one specific trip tp Chicago to visit my aunt in the mid 70s. On that trip my mom bought us the complete first series of ST Aliens and a carded Falcon. On the same trip I can remember holding an AHI Ape Man in my hands but my mom had already bought us the other figures and said no. Great memories. I can also remember looking endlessly at the pictures in the Mego booklets of the Knights, Pirates and Robing Hood guys and wanting them too. Unfortunately we never got those figures in stores around the area where I grew up. Had to wait until I was an adult to own those. Those were the only Megos I wanted as a kid but never owned. WGSH, ST AND POTA I had multiple times. Dón't know how a RC Batman thread turned into a trip down memory lane but it´s been nice.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

My Mom died a few years ago...*hoo*, it changed my life...and I'm lucky I still have my Dad. I remember each and both my parents getting me the Batman 8" Mego line...even at times when they really couldn't afford them, and even up until Mego's demise. My siblings and I flew my Dad into the city last week to visit: I **couldn't**wait** to show him my Batman FCTs, and tell him the RC Batman ReMego will soon hit the market. The RC Batman was the first Mego he got for me when I was a toddler. I took that thing everywhere with me. He always tells me got it for me because my first word was "bat" (although I was probably trying to pronounce "Dad"). Having these new Megos certainly remind me of how close I am to my Dad... and helps strengthen the best memories of my Mom. My Dad thinks it's cool I collect and customize them, even into my adult years. My Dad's *so* cool; we don't even care when we call them "dolls" or "action figures". He's an old Scoutmaster; he taught me to be secure with myself, and not to get hung up on semantics or gender prescriptions. Taught me I can make anything, do anything, be anything...simply live my life fully, be respectful, and ne worry pas what anyone else thinks. Regardless of any difficulties along the way, my Megos and ReMegos remind me to hold on to the parts of my life that have been safe and good...and still are. My toys reminds me of my parents' legacies: The good people they have been to me; and the best lessons they have taught me. It's amazing to be an adult and *still* be able to walk into a store and pick up a few Megos at the end of my day...it's an indescribably secure feeling.
                    Last edited by comicmike; Jan 22, '14, 9:57 PM.

Comment

• Wise4671
                      Banned
                      • Aug 11, 2007

Great story's gang Thanks for sharing your memories with us

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

That's the real value of action figures... They have the ability to evoke childhood memories by far the happiest stage in life. That's almost like magic. I know a lot of people may think you're a geek or strange guy when as an adult you show your love for toys but I don't really give a damn...

Ah, and yeah... Thank you FTC for these awesome figures!!!

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by comicmike
                          My Mom died a few years ago...*hoo*, it changed my life...and I'm lucky I still have my Dad. I remember each and both my parents getting me the Batman 8" Mego line...even at times when they really couldn't afford them, and even up until Mego's demise. My siblings and I flew my Dad into the city last week to visit: I **couldn't**wait** to show him my Batman FCTs, and tell him the RC Batman ReMego will soon hit the market. The RC Batman was the first Mego he got for me when I was a toddler. I took that thing everywhere with me. He always tells me got it for me because my first word was "bat" (although I was probably trying to pronounce "Dad"). Having these new Megos certainly remind me of how close I am to my Dad... and helps strengthen the best memories of my Mom. My Dad thinks it's cool I collect and customize them, even into my adult years. My Dad's *so* cool; we don't even care when we call them "dolls" or "action figures". He's an old Scoutmaster; he taught me to be secure with myself, and not to get hung up on semantics or gender prescriptions. Taught me I can make anything, do anything, be anything...simply live my life fully, be respectful, and ne worry pas what anyone else thinks. Regardless of any difficulties along the way, my Megos and ReMegos remind me to hold on to the parts of my life that have been safe and good...and still are. My toys reminds me of my parents' legacies: The good people they have been to me; and the best lessons they have taught me. It's amazing to be an adult and *still* be able to walk into a store and pick up a few Megos at the end of my day...it's an indescribably secure feeling.
                          What a great post...this is what it's all about. I too am so happy to see these reproductions coming out because of the warm fuzzies they give me inside. I've been criticized in the past for opening sealed vintage toys, but their monetary value means nothing to me. The feeling I get from opening up that toy for the first time...being the first person to play with it...you just can't put a price on that kind of happiness.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

The first time I saw Mego superheroes was at a checkout lane on a swing rack. The RC Batmans and RM Robins were half pulled out of the boxes and had their masks on and off in so many different ways. I was blown away by the idea you could dress your superhero, even up to the mask. So RC Batman is a very special figure for me. When I saw him, I never looked back. I currently have five of these. One in an original box, two loose but complete (all original), and two more in various stages of being completed. But ALL have their original Mego cowls. So I'll be curious to see how close FTC can (or will) get to that original cowl. The reproductions were okay, but never really looked right compared to the originals (IMO). So that cowl will be the ultimate measure for me. I've got every figure they've put out in this line so far and I'm very pleased. I fully expect that trend to continue.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

What a great thread. Thanks for sharing your memories, guys.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎