X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

1st FTC Kit-Bash BATMAN?

I went into my local Comic Shop Saturday and found they had ALL of the FTC Repros. So I picked up Batman. Well, I've never like the head sculpt on the molded cowl Batman so I couldn't help but customizing him with my Troy Younger head. This is how I always thought the Mego one "should have looked."
    What's interesting is all the colors were dark blue except for the cape...it was light blue, about the same color as my original RC Batman. This worked out great for me! My original Batman was wearing a Doc Mego Repro cape, which is the same color as the FTC figure. So I swapped them out and I was happy!

Unfortunately...as you can see from the picture he came with another crappy body. You can't pose him without his feet pointing inward. So...out of 3 FTC purchased(Robin, Batman & The Riddler)only one of them had a body I don't need to replace(Robin). Oh well...I still happy as hell these figures are being made!

sigpic
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

That looks superb! Nice bash.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Love,love,love the head swap!!!
      That is the batman I've always wanted.
      Great job.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

That looks awesome Bats!

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Thanks guys. All I can really take credit for is painting the head. And yeah, this is the Mego Batman I always wanted too. Maybe without the oven mitt gloves...but then, that's what makes him look like Mego could have made him.
          sigpic

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

awesome cool...I am very happy for your good work. The neatest thing about our childhood wishes is that for no matter how long we wish for them, they really can still come true! Great job

Comment

• Vinny0026
              Year Five!!
              • Jan 26, 2012

worked out perfect - he looks great
              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• TomStrong
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2011

I think he looks great, just the right amount of intimidation and kid friendly mego style. Great job on him!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                  Time to feed the cat
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Huge difference on the head swap buddy!!! Have you tried twisting the legs backwards to loosen them up some, might help him stand normal.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
                    Have you tried twisting the legs backwards to loosen them up some, might help him stand normal.
                    Sure have...nothing works. Way I see it, I have two choices: re-string him...or buy a new body(Cast-A-Way). I'm leaning towards picking up some loose original Mego bodies on eBay.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, I like that head. Reminds me of an nice 1992 Batman bubble bath head bottle head I have in the collection. I always thought it'd make a good head. Looks a bit like the Kid Biz 89 Keaton Mego-like figure too.

Too bad on the body. From the looks of the new Cast-A-Way bodies, they are tailor made to whoop the plastic tushes of these things. But you shouldn't have to replace a body on a $25 figure.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Hey, I like that head. Reminds me of an nice 1992 Batman bubble bath head bottle head I have in the collection. I always thought it'd make a good head. Looks a bit like the Kid Biz 89 Keaton Mego-like figure too.

Chris

HEY!! I know exactly what Bubble bath Batman head your talking about...too COOL! And I always thought the same thing. However, I think Troy's sculpt is much better than the Kid Biz head. that one has a big smile on him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎